It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Blocked accounts

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok, I am really starting to get peeved now.
I have had nothing but problems with my accounts apparently getting hacked. First my ATS account was hacked, then I start having issues with FB. NOW... my account on hotmail has been blocked. What is really strange about the whole thing is that I hardly use it. I go in clean it out after few months, I may send an email or two over a two to three month period, but that is all I do. Yesterday, after sitting down and thinking about what was going on with our Government, and being over their crap, I did what I was told to do for once and emailed my local Labor reps and also Julia Gillard herself.
I was not rude in anway to Julia, I just pretty much said I didnt appreciate her and what she has done and that she needs to take note of what the public think and resign. I then emailed my local MP's here in Canberra and asked them to step up and represent KRudd... I also I posted this comment on my FB account this morning:



I didnt think my opinion of Gillard could get any lower, but when she compared the PUBLIC opinion, I say again the PUBLIC OPINION AND THE POLLS of who and what the public want to a Big Brother vote, I could have jump over to my TV and given her a good slap. How dare she. How BLOODY DARE SHE. She is obviously the one that thinks this is a Big Brother episode. What bloody happened to "needing" the public support. What bloody happened to "What the Public thinks, whom the public vote for, and what WE WANT". Piss her off. Get rid of her.


I also posted a comment similar to the above but shorter and a bit more polite on the ABC 24 Forum on FB.

So a few minutes ago, I decide to go into my Hotmail account to check any responses and I get the following:


Your account has been blocked Why are you seeing this? Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service). We're here to help you get your account back. What do you need to do? We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way. We've cleaned your account settings Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.


WT Hey! I mean what is going on. I am continually battling now to keep my accounts open!
I hit the continue button and I select the email that I have as a back up, continue on and its like I am opening a whole new account, as part of their verification of whom I am!

I have seen another thread on this type of thing with regard to Facebook. But this is now getting far beyond a joke for me. I dont know, am I being silly or is the extrication of those with a voice starting?




posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I assume you are smart enough to not follow 'phishing' emails, where a 'hotmail' or 'facebook' look alike asks for your password yatta yatta.

Do you use a wireless router?
Have you changed the router password recently?
Do you often go into starbucks or other public spaces and access your accounts?
Do you use the same password on all your accounts?

EDIT: have you recently been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder...

edit on 25-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Your correct on the Phishing emails, in fact I am over these presentations due to work
Yes I do use a wireless router, and had one of my kids set it up for me, he a techie. Havent changed password recently. Never go and access computers at public places. And no on the passwords. I have two locations (both secure) that I utelise. My home which has two PC's, and where I work, which is high security. And no one can get to my desk. So I dont understand why?
edit on 25-2-2012 by The_Seeker because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
Ok, I am really starting to get peeved now.
I have had nothing but problems with my accounts apparently getting hacked. First my ATS account was hacked, then I start having issues with FB. NOW... my account on hotmail has been blocked. What is really strange about the whole thing is that I hardly use it. I go in clean it out after few months, I may send an email or two over a two to three month period, but that is all I do. Yesterday, after sitting down and thinking about what was going on with our Government, and being over their crap, I did what I was told to do for once and emailed my local Labor reps and also Julia Gillard herself.
I was not rude in anway to Julia, I just pretty much said I didnt appreciate her and what she has done and that she needs to take note of what the public think and resign. I then emailed my local MP's here in Canberra and asked them to step up and represent KRudd... I also I posted this comment on my FB account this morning:



I didnt think my opinion of Gillard could get any lower, but when she compared the PUBLIC opinion, I say again the PUBLIC OPINION AND THE POLLS of who and what the public want to a Big Brother vote, I could have jump over to my TV and given her a good slap. How dare she. How BLOODY DARE SHE. She is obviously the one that thinks this is a Big Brother episode. What bloody happened to "needing" the public support. What bloody happened to "What the Public thinks, whom the public vote for, and what WE WANT". Piss her off. Get rid of her.


I also posted a comment similar to the above but shorter and a bit more polite on the ABC 24 Forum on FB.

So a few minutes ago, I decide to go into my Hotmail account to check any responses and I get the following:


Your account has been blocked Why are you seeing this? Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service). We're here to help you get your account back. What do you need to do? We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way. We've cleaned your account settings Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had.


WT Hey! I mean what is going on. I am continually battling now to keep my accounts open!
I hit the continue button and I select the email that I have as a back up, continue on and its like I am opening a whole new account, as part of their verification of whom I am!

I have seen another thread on this type of thing with regard to Facebook. But this is now getting far beyond a joke for me. I dont know, am I being silly or is the extrication of those with a voice starting?


Sounds like you could have a key logger of some sort on your computer, or trojan/virus. Once someone has access to your passwords they can lock you out of accounts, send viral scams through your e-mail accounts to infect other people. The problem here, is that even if you change your passwords, if it's your pc that is infected and the infection hasn't been removed, the process will just start all over again. I would suggest using a PC that you know for certain is clean to immediately change all your passwords, and then scanning the crap out of your home computer (or if you want to be 100% certain, formatting it and re-installing your Operating System, and starting from scratch).



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If you access all your accounts at home and through the wireless, thats could be the source of your troubles. The password might be too simple, or simply was hacked in the past and someone living close by is mucking about for the fun of it. I've heard that once someone gets access to your pc, they could install a key logger, and then get your passwords by seeing all the things you type.

I would suggest changing the router password, its not that hard to do, if you call your internet provider I'm sure they will be able to guide you through the process. I know ATS has some serious computer nerds, I hope one will jump in and maybe troubleshoot other possibilities.

edit; do you live in an apartment or around lots of people?
edit on 25-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   


Sounds like you could have a key logger of some sort on your computer, or trojan/virus. Once someone has access to your passwords they can lock you out of accounts, send viral scams through your e-mail accounts to infect other people. The problem here, is that even if you change your passwords, if it's your pc that is infected and the infection hasn't been removed, the process will just start all over again. I would suggest using a PC that you know for certain is clean to immediately change all your passwords, and then scanning the crap out of your home computer (or if you want to be 100% certain, formatting it and re-installing your Operating System, and starting from scratch).


Just to add- If you do want to do a scan of your PC I would recommend using MALWAREBYTES (do some research if you want to be sure), its worked wonders for me when fixing other peoples PC's, including the infamous WIN2012security virus.

Here are some simple steps if you wish to do a scan on your pc.

1. Download MALWAREBYTES here- Malwarebytes
2.Follow installation instructions
3.Restart computer in safemode (tap the f8 key every couple of seconds as soon as the pc starts to boot up, then select safe mode)
4. Run malwarebytes full scan, it might take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour
5. If there are infected files found follow the instruction and remove them
6. restart your pc
7.Change passwords



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ugh finding out where the weak link is, is the worst part.

I would first off not go to any bank on your computer, go inside and tell them that you want to go over your account since a few months before you noticed.

Next you want to get a credit report from all 3 places.

Make sure that that is all taken care of.

I would stop all wifi use for internet for the time being.

It may be time to either wipe, or better yet get a new hard drive and PAY for an internet security software package. I use eset, but that is my personal choice.

Make sure if reinstall windows (I am assuming this part) that you use a legitimate disk, not a slipstreamed one you may have created as a backup.

Install the security suite immediately upon a new installation. I also prefer peer block. For some reason the Chinese ans Taiwanese like to test out my comp every couple of days. I believe its just automated, but peer block helps me feel secure.

Make sure you get all updates to all the software you have installed along with the latest drivers.

If you download from shady places or look at adult content, I would recommend getting a specific computer for that and make sure you never sign into anything on that computer.

I feel for you, it sucks. Especially if they have gone past messing with your accounts and into ID theft. I at one point before I turned 18 apparently had a house in NY, I am on the west coast and still haven't been there.

The credit people are pretty unscrupulous as well. I had to send them a notarized letter stating that I never bought that house. Thankfully I had proof,so I sent that with a legal threat . I couldn't afford the legal counsel, but it let them know I was serious and thankfully I didn't have to actually hire one.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah
 


If you go that route, make sure you download it from a clean computer. I had a class in college that taught us all about counter security and how easy it was (at the time, it was in 2001 with win 98 and XP
) to inject dll files with code to help us escalate.

At that point, I got paranoid with my personal computers and have had 2 ever since.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Ok guys thanks for that I will let you know how I go, again thanks for all the info. I would normally have gotten my boy to do it but he is not contactable at the moment.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak
 


I`ve never had that happen but I think its a fair comparisson to flash or java updates, which can often be laced with a virus of some sort.

After getting the odd terrible virus, I think I`ve come up with the right arsenal of security programs that dont conflict with eachother (without paying for it).

1.I run Ad-aware to watch what I do online (block sites that have known viruses)
2. I run spy-bot search and destroy, to protect my registry (anyone who got the 2012security virus knows it messes up the registry, disables the firewall for good unless you reformat)
3.Malwarebytes for regular scans since it seems to catch things no other program does.

Besides that I do NOTHING online, no banking or paypal, none of that- I know its not safe and I would hate the hassle so I just do it at the bank oldschool.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker
 


That clears it up a bit. It probably is just a noob that found an easy target (sorry, don't mean to be offensive about it). With wifi if someone is determined to get in, its a matter of time not if.

Someone could be training themselves with you, it happens. If they do get into any bank accounts go with law enforcement and let them know that you think someone hacked into your system. Once that happens, they will catch the person, trust me, they will like a non violent criminal
Just let them know you will be willing to press charges to the fullest extent.

You could go this route without them getting into a bank account, but its a whole lot easier if their is a very clear case of fraud.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah
 


Ever since I used the 2 computer system where one was just fun and the other with a fairly secure (lets face it, you can't be 100% secure) I haven't had any issues (knock on wood).

I know it can be a pain, but in my situation I am willing to go with what works (besides, I upgrade one and the other with the old parts
)



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak
 


Funny you should mention that. We had issues with the connection to the phone/net only last week (completely forgot about it) keep in mind I was all paid up.. The strange thing was that Telstra, whom we are not with, cut our line. We are with Iprimus, whom rent the lines off Telstra, and upon complaining Iprimus they told me that everything is fine at their end as it shows I was connected. They then told when I get home to do a test run and see how I go. So I go home try to make a phone call and I get the billing enquiries phone number for Telstra????? I call them explain the situation, am on the phone and being shuffled around for around 2 hours trying to find out what was going on, and why I am getting a Telstra message off an Iprimus phone. I finally get to someone who say that I should be talking to Iprimus as its their problem and not Telstra's, after which I explained that I wanted to know why I was getting Telstra messages, to which I just got an I dont know. I contacted Iprimus explained what had occured and they put a work ticket in for Telstra to fix the issue. It was supposed to be fixed by some date they gave me. The date came and went so I called Iprimus again, when they called whomever, they came back and told me that for some reason they couldnt understand the work ticket to fix the issue had been cancelled and then proceeded to give me another date that this would be remedied. It was finally remedied late on the 17 Feb, but, again I dont understand (and either did Telstra or Iprimus) why this occured.
Also there have been a number of occurrences with my husbands FB account. He gets on there and plays the Zoo game. He is an Ex cop (about 3 weeks out now) and does to just because its a no brainer game and stops him from thinking on other things. That is the only game he has entered, he is not on anything else. He has his mates he talks to and his Zoo friends, he also posts a lot of controversial stuff on FB along with his findings and opinions, especially with regards to the current wars that are on (he has literally called them out before the public knew. He would post his findings (and this is cause he pays attention to the News, and I mean every tid bit that is reported whether he thinks its worthless or not (sometimes the news sinks itself without knowing)) on FB and he has a HUGE following because of this now, and a lot of people are now questioning things, whereas they normally wouldnt, add these voices to his and it gets quite vocal on his account.
Now around the time he was getting ready for discharge date, he was posting a lot of stuff on Iran, he called Iran sometime ago, anyways, he kept on about this one in particular, and one time logged onto FB to do his Zoo update, and got a Horoscope message, I say again, he was only on Zoo World, he doesnt follow Horoscopse either. It pretty much said, you have what you want now its time to step back, then not long after that he was getting verification warning off FB (Ie: need a mobile phone number or something so on and so on).



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
reply to post by The_Seeker
 


That clears it up a bit. It probably is just a noob that found an easy target (sorry, don't mean to be offensive about it). With wifi if someone is determined to get in, its a matter of time not if.

Someone could be training themselves with you, it happens. If they do get into any bank accounts go with law enforcement and let them know that you think someone hacked into your system. Once that happens, they will catch the person, trust me, they will like a non violent criminal
Just let them know you will be willing to press charges to the fullest extent.

You could go this route without them getting into a bank account, but its a whole lot easier if their is a very clear case of fraud.


hehehe not offened. That is more than likely what it is anyways



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ahhh goodness I was also just thinking, Hubby does get confused sometimes when updates pop up, I have always told him to cancel, but he does forget sometimes. I may have to question him to see if he has done anything accidental lately



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I had the exact same thing. It started sending out viagra and other filth out through my email list. Finally my avg shut it down.
brice



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker
 


About a month ago on my full secure pc I accept a what looked to be legitimate update for Adobe flash, it asked adminstrator privliage, I clicked yes.... WINSECURITY2012 SCANNING pops up- so I got a nasty virus. I did the malwarebytes scan (I sound like their salesman lol) and it cleared it up except for the adjustments the virus made in my system registry. So it is really as easy as one bad click.

I still suggest for the time being run the software or just wait for your son to fix things up. Like another poster mentioned dont do your banking online it can lead to headaches down the line.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There were a few problems with passwords on ATS a bit ago.

I doubt if many of the people affected thought they were going to take those passwords and use then on any other accounts tied to that email address.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by brice
 


I love how these sophisticated virus manage to beat all the layers of security- then turn around and try to sell you viagra or enlarge your johnson!



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by brice
 


I love how these sophisticated virus manage to beat all the layers of security- then turn around and try to sell you viagra or enlarge your johnson!



What do they say - there are dozens of them created everyday. Too hard to keep up with. I am in a really high security area (I get on FB by going into another server), and we still managed to find a nasty virus somehow filtered through all of our network. Techs managed to fix it, but were hard pressed to find where it came from....




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join