It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your opinion doomsday, enlightenment, or just another day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritWolfPup

Ok i am just curious as to who thinks it is going to be the end of the world, day of enlightenment, or just another day and if you think something phsyical will happen please describ it!

Well, there does seem to be a number of things headed for some kind of junction in the near future. That is to say, they look to be bound to converge in fact or timing. Some of these events are what could be called positive, in forms of discovery and understanding but others are very, very negative... like war that spreads like wildfire and engulfs huge areas all across the globe.

One particularly troubling aspect is that much of the negative possibility could be nothing more than an unconscious, self-fulfilling prophesy. In sum, we expect and so our actions tend to create the engine for the outcome.

As for a single, particular day for this? No. I don't think so. There may be a date when a lot of things are all happening at once or that might represent a turning point for the course the convergence sets for our species, but I don't think we're going to wake one day and say, 'Ah-ha! It's here!'.

What I personally think is possible or likely between now and the end of the year:

War in the Middle East that includes, either directly or indirectly, nearly every nation in that region, as well as many in Europe (UK, Germany, France, etc.), Asia (Russia, China, India, Pakistan, etc.) and both Americas.

A major discovery or release of information related to space. (It could come in the way of an announcement on the subject of ruins on our moon or elsewhere, or the undeniable existence of some form of life elsewhere.)
-or-
A major discovery related to archaeology.

What I personally DO NOT expect to see between now and the end of the year:

Disclosure either by way of direct admission or some big encounter-event.

A grand moment of global, human enlightenment.

The Messianic rapture

The 12th Imam (or Mahdi)

Of course, I could be entirely wrong. We all form our beliefs based as much on who we are as what we see.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well first off....it depends where you think this "date" of relevance comes from...If you think it was a Mayan date...."BUZZZZer"...wrong...their calendar and our calendar are still in debate....some d-bag thought he figured it our but failed to include the errors and revisions based on the Julian to Gregorian calendar system...so ...the Mayan calendar is not set to 12/21/2012....that is a failed to be proven theory...it is possible the date "anticpated" is hundreds of years off.

No one else has a date...they have signs and portents....which are easy to attach to anything....just look at the Christian book of The revalation of St. John...it can be attached to many things...and has been...throughout history...

I don't believe the day is prophesied...that is wishful thinking based on questionable info....it will probably... be just another day

BUT, just for fun...here is a thought for you...

In theoretical physics, it has become known that certain things cannot be viewed without being influenced....thought has power over reality....

IF enough people focus on an appointed time in our reality....can they influence it?....well....according to cutting edge physics...it is possible...the likelihood is not so sure...but it is possible. Possibility does not always equal probability and one does not exclude the other in any way shape or form....just alters our understanding of the chance something might come to pass.

So...if enough people focus on this date...and there are now literally billions of people looking to 12/21/2012 for something to happen....can that collective thought pattern "create" or "generate" a result?...the seeming answer is yes...a preset date CAN e influenced by thought and will....will it be enough to matter?...again...depends on the participants in the moment.

I don't think doomsday is upon us...I don't think anyone knows how to use this collective pause or focus...but I DO believe it is possible for us to have an influence...be it positive or negative....it is up to us to decide where the focus of energy goes....I choose positive...an extended future free of hate and bigotry....but...that's a big leap considering the "groups" that claim to be all about love and tolerance....

Think about it...

me?...I prefer to think of enlightenment and a long and prosperous future for the human race....even when I know with current population growth...prosperity cannot be sustained and millions must AND WILL die if our species is to survive...sorry folks...another inconvenient fact courtesy of real science and physics...
edit on 2/25/2012 by Damrod because: hit send instead of preview and had to fix and finish

edit on 2/25/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
my opinion doesn't mean as much as the people of Wyoming. Have you seen this?www.abovetopsecret.com...

a clip from their news..this is real

February 26, 2012 – CHEYENNE, WY — State representatives on Friday advanced legislation to launch a study into what Wyoming should do in the event of a complete economic or political collapse in the United States. House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government. The task force would look at the feasibility of Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

edit on 26-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

well... when everything hits the fan pray for two things an independant running wyoming and you have a way to get there lol

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think that once Dec 21st passes and nothing has happened, people will just change their predictions regarding doomsday from "It all ends 21st" to "21st is just the very beginning of the end". They will then spend the remainder of their lives cataloging every single bad thing that happens on the planet under 'more evidence the end is coming'. Eventually they will all be dead and the later generations will have completely forgotten 2012 altogether.

The consciousness people etc will of course go the same route.

One thing we can be certain of is that the 2012 fad will gradually fade away to its own inevitable doomsday (pun intended).

Best wishes,
Gargamel Horowitz

edit on 29-2-2012 by Vandelay Industries because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandelay Industries

Best wishes,
Gargamel Horowitz

Seriously?
edit on 1/3/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
...............................none of the above........................

what will come to pass is a rude awakening that we have an inflated view of our selves
like we are worthy of becoming the victims of a genocide by an outside force or race of Deity'

ashes to ashes...dust to dust... that is all there is

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yeah nothing will happen ...

We sill be stuck here as slaves forever..trapped in a crappy system..

But really..even religion talks of end days..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I believe that it will be the end of days as we know it. I think several different factors here for life on earth will change. But I believe they will be invisible to the naked eye. They will be new particles in the air waiting to evolve, they will be slow to grow and we won't notice it until its already here and whatever it is will be massive in its new energy.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bayy007

I believe that it will be the end of days as we know it. I think several different factors here for life on earth will change. But I believe they will be invisible to the naked eye. They will be new particles in the air waiting to evolve, they will be slow to grow and we won't notice it until its already here and whatever it is will be massive in its new energy.

I like how you said that...not that I agree with everything else but...

"the end to days as we know it"...

You know that can be many-many things...simple to extreme...

We might make new discoveries and everyone becomes aware of them...thus...change from what we know...

It might be new universal laws from Interpol...again...less popular but still worldwide change to the world we know right now...

This really is a play on words and I think sometimes people are expecting too much....changing the world does not necessarily mean changing it profoundly...it could be as simple as broadening electronic file types for a Ipod or electronic media device....

I know...I can be too fundamentally simple sometimes....
edit on 3/11/2012 by Damrod because: s

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That's pretty much the just of it. I do think that whatever it is will be more of a long term change and we may not see it in our lifetime but the process of whatever it is will begin. I was just using those as examples to get my thought across that we may not physically see any changes but they'll be there. Kinda exciting to feel like were going to be apart of the generation that will be here at the beginning of wherever our earth is headed.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Since perspective has such a huge influence to our definition of reality, I think that for some it will be a day of enlightenment. For others it will be a day of judgement, and more the majority, it will be just another day.

Unless ofcourse, the aliens do show up or the phony rapture takes place. If that's the case I think alot of sanity will be lost, but for some it will be a dream come true.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
theres government underground facilities tunnel-connected for making cancer mutants and they already have 2 billion of these things held underground around the whole world they want us to be that because they have a hive mind and what better way to control a population

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join