It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kitchener dad arrested at school after daughter draws picture of gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So your kid at school draws a picture of a gun and your whole world comes crashing down. I don't know if this is the right forum but it has a lot to do with over zealous teachers who think every single thing that comes out of a kids mouth is the gospel truth.

KITCHENER — A Kitchener father is angry at police after he was arrested at his child’s school and later strip-searched at the police station, all because his 4-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun in class.

The detective told him his daughter Neaveh had drawn a picture of a man holding a gun. When a teacher asked her who the man was, the girl replied, “That’s my daddy’s. He uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters.”

Kids say the craziest things sometimes.

Link

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And then the idiot signs a form allowing a search of his home even though he knew he did not have too. This guy could have a big law suit they had no probable cause to arrest him last I heard it is not a crime to draw a picture of a gun or to own one even in the most communistic of states. But this guy is probably to stupid to do that since he allowed an an warranted search of his home after he wa shocked an angry at his arrest.... Geeze the sheeple make me sick, good by America... Sigh!

edit on 24-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow that is absolutely ridiculous. I am from he US so don't mind the silly question, but are all guns illegal in Canada?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Wow that is absolutely ridiculous. I am from he US so don't mind the silly question, but are all guns illegal in Canada?

Canada has more guns than the us per capita. They're just a bit more civilized.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

That's the irony about all this. Yes, we have very strict gun laws here. No one carries. And there arn't whole lot of monsters running around. Well, not the hairy kind

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Canada has more guns than the us per capita. They're just a bit more brainwashed into believing hyperbole about guns.

There fixed it for you...

Course I seriously doubt Canada has more guns then the US per capita: answers.yahoo.com...
edit on 25-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Back in fourth grade, my friend and I spent a lot of time drawing various guns during class. Automatic rifles, handguns, bazookas, and alien weapons included. We would pride ourselves on the level of detail and the variety of attachments- laser sights, rails, grips,etc. The teacher told us to put the drawings away, we complied, and that was the end of that.

We did this, most likely, because we played games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64.

I don't see the problem with the girl drawing a picture of her dad with a gun. According to the article she never said he used it in a threatening manner. Besides, if her father did use the firearm in a dangerous or abusive way then I doubt she would be drawing that during class and be so open about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Canada has more guns than the us per capita. They're just a bit more civilized.

I have seen this statement made on ATS several times, and its simply not true.

The US has 88.8 Firearms per 100 capita and Canada has 30.8 per 100.

That is nearly three to one.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

You know what - this just sends me wild. I can't believe that we encourage our kids to use their imaginations ie., "come on kids get off the computer and go play and get some exercise - when I was a kid I used to .................................."

Then when they use their imagination - Holy # look what happens

In East Germany and former Eastern Block States - Parents used to live in fear like they did with the Taliban in Afghanistan and in China in the time of the Cultural Revolution - of what their kids might come out with at school. Kids were made to grow up pretty damn quick in order to save the whole family (as in North Korea) from being condemned as Anti Government. God Help us all!

We all know that this fascist state has already begun in the US but I thought Canada still held true.

"OUT OF THE MOUTH OF BABES"
edit on 25-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

I must add via edit - We don't know the details of this family set up and if there is good reason to believe that the family have a histrory of gun related crime or one of them is perhaps unstable or holding a gun without a licence then we have to treat this as an entirely different matter.
But if this is Mr Joe Blog and his family your average guy and his family then the above remains my statement.
edit on 25-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Double your pleasure, double your fun

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why the hell are people arguing about guns? It's just ridiculous!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Why the hell are people arguing about guns? It's just ridiculous!

You are so right - it's not about guns - it's about how we treat our kids and how far we take it. Parents on the whole do a grand job out of love of their kids yeah, we all make mistakes but for the Government to intervene in the way it appears in this case - no it's not about guns.

It's about state interference in our lives.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join