It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supplies For Gold & Silver Refining Thread + Massive Ebook on Gold Refining

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Reading with great interest the thread about refining silver and refining gold, it reminded me about some information that I had collecting virtual dust in my hard drive.

First the awesome threads about refining are here:

Gold Refining Thread

Silver Refining Thread

First thing first, BE SAFE when working with any chemical combinations and do your refining outside if you do not have a fume hood,

Now for some goodies

First the massive refining bible from C.M Hokes (PDF)

Refining Precious Metals Wastes by CM. Hoke

CM. Hoke has written this book in non technical terms with easy to follow instructions. This book will get you up to speed in the world of refining precious scrap in its 369 pages of simple, pure knowledge.

Materials & Acids

This section will talk about where to get your acids if you cannot find them locally.

First the ever elusive Nitric Acid can easily be acquired at Amazon!

Nitric Acid

Hydrocloric Acid also can be found in pool supply stores

Filtration kits

As stated in the refining threads, coffee filters work! It is always nice to have a nicer filtration system

Glassware

No home chemist is complete without his glassware. You can also look at the Walmart "measuring cup" aisle for some cool glassware that works great.

The higher end chemistry sets at toy r us are pretty cool also

Last Tip

Take a look at the front page of the CM Hokes Gold Refining handbook and you will find a HUGE community of home precious metals refiners that you can learn from.

Greenovni

edit on 24-2-2012 by greenovni because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

Thanks for the link. I browsed through the book and I believe it will be of great interest to many here on ATS who found the the threads you refer to very intriguing.

However, it is very bad form to link to a site that requires you to pay to download something that someone released to the public, free of charge.

To those of you who would like to download this book, I suggest you do so HERE

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Fixed. I was not aware that Scribb.com charged people at all!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Thanks for the link. I browsed through the book and I believe it will be of great interest to many here on ATS who found the the threads you refer to very intriguing.

However, it is very bad form to link to a site that requires you to pay to download something that someone released to the public, free of charge.

To those of you who would like to download this book, I suggest you do so HERE

Not fixed at the link given HERE. Pay Pal wants 9 bucks for a month's subscription to download this material.

I just checked both sources, Scribed wants 5 bucks to download Pay Pal wants 9 bucks.
No download on the first page of a Google search is free. prices for the pyhsical book range from $14 used to over $200.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Click the regular download and it is free. The charge is for the high.speed download

Excellent additions and information thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Sorry to be brief but I've been following both threads about silver and gold refining. I wish to ask the question, once you created the gold or silver how do you go about selling it? I'm from the UK and unsure on the laws of selling the metals. Do the gold and silver have to have hallmarks on them? Or do they simply weigh it and compare it to the size you are trying to sell, can they determine it's real gold or silver by size to weight ratio?

Or are people intending on keeping their refined goods till the financial system completely collapses

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
reply to post by Aliensun

Click the regular download and it is free. The charge is for the high.speed download

Excellent additions and information thank you very much.

Just love it when member just don't take the time to read.
I can see why most of the threat on here go down south lately. Ok RANT over

new topics

top topics

join