It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need an explanation and you guys may be it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OK, I spend hours trying to find what it's all about this wonderful piece of Master Art, and here are my thoughts:

1- This is a representation of the "Three Graces" Cameo, The Greek goddesses Euphrosyne, Aglaia, and Thalia, representative of gentleness and refinement.

2- There are many representation of the Graces, (see here), however, none fits their exact respective positions in Copperhead's object.

3- Here's what we can learn from Cameo techniques back to the three last centuries:

The technique has since enjoyed periodic revivals, notably in the early Renaissance, and again in the 18th and 19th centuries. The Neoclassical revival began in France with Napoleon's support of the glyptic arts, and even his coronation crown was decorated with cameos.

In Britain, this revival first occurred during King George III's reign, and his granddaughter, Queen Victoria, was a major proponent of the cameo trend, to the extent that they would become mass produced by the second half of the 19th century.

source

Keep searching....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for researching these pretty girls. I really have no idea about age or location. Only "know" Pipa said she was from England. I really appreciate any thing you can find out. I am sure no one that I knew at the time it showed up on my windowsill would have put it there.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Cameo found on Ebay UK. Victorian too.

I think this is a very interesting story, because the cameo detail, story and name pipa fit.

If you have an eye for art and workmanship, the OP's cameo is indicative of the Victorian era.

Ebay UK Victorian Cameo

Little more on the name Pipa or Pippa, it was used and sometimes still is used in the UK.

www.thinkbabynames.com...

Pippa p(ip)-pa as a girl's name is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Pippa is "lover of horses". Diminutive of Philippa. It was made popular in the 19th century by Brownings's poem "Pippa Passes" (1841), in which the name is of the heroine who works in an Italian silk mill. The name is however not used in Italy and is of mostly British use. The name was also used for a carefree and upbeat character in the 2009 film "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee".

edit on 26-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

Hey, thanks for sharing this story.

No I don't believe that you are crazy. I think you have been lucky to experience what you have.
Tell me as an adult, if you call out to Pipa in your mind does she still answer? Or did your link with her break as you became older?

I look forward to hearing more from you

Peace and much love
IamKels

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid. He was pale and had black eyes, blonde hair. His name was Justin. To this day I wonder if he was really imaginary. I don't remember it in as much detail as you do but I'd say you're not crazy.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing.
I am wondering too - do you still call her and does she ever answer?
Please write more about Pipa.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IamKels

Hello again, Pipa has been in alot of my dreams, lately. Maybe because I wrote this thread? She stands beside me in the bad dreams. I have had three bad dreams about war but the war was along time ago. The men used swords and such to fight. She seems to just want me to watch the fight. I cannot remember either of us speaking, just watching.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This gave me chills.

2nd

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Do you try to call her in your head like you used to do when were a child? Does she ever answer? I think you should to concentrate and try to contact her again. The story is amazing. Good luck to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join