It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: 'The West wants regime change in Iran'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Putin: 'The West wants regime change in Iran'

rt.com

Vladimir Putin believes the US is using the issue of Iran’s nuclear program as a pretext for regime change. Meanwhile, its AMD plans for Europe is an attempt to have a monopoly on security.

"Under the guise of trying to prevent the spread of weapons of mass destruction they [the US] are attempting something else entirely and setting different goals – regime change," news agencies quote Putin as saying.

The Russian PM pointed out that US foreign policy, including that in the Middle East, was...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

...expensive, inefficient and largely unpredictable. Putin also added that, among other things, it may eventually disserve Israel.

"They changed regimes in North Africa. What will they do next? In the end, Israel may find itself between the devil and the deep blue sea," he said.

The incredible lengths the warmongers have gone to, trying to get a case happening against Iran's nuclear program, would tend to support Putin's conclusions. They don't have enough evidence to sell the world, but nonetheless insist that Iran is developing nuclear weapons.

All for a regime change.

A regime change that would benefit Israel no doubt, and has nothing to do with America. The playbook is getting stale. And the world isn't buying it this time. US military officials remain unconvinced, while the scumbags like Gingrich and Clinton keep flapping their traps.

And now they are trying even more to put pressure on the IAEA to come up with something, ANYTHING they can use as justification to take out Iran's nuclear facilities.

For every inspection they do in Iran, I want to see one done at Dimona and elsewhere in Israel.

Oops. I forgot. When it comes to fair, Israel IS off the map.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Putin needs better intelligence if he just figured this one out.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
America has what, about 315 million people?

Seriously Israel, there has to be literally billions of people closer to Iran that can do something about your problems.

Let the billions of good doers closer to the problem deal with it.

Keep Americans in America for this one. Unless America is willing to make an official declaration of war we Americans should not participate in military actions on soveriegn nations.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
In other news. . .

Cloud cover causes rain.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Putin needs better intelligence if he just figured this one out.

That's an overly simplistic view, imo. Of course we knew this. But the key here is Putin is actually putting forth a conspiracy theory.

"Under the guise of trying to prevent the spread of weapons of mass destruction they [the US] are attempting something else entirely and setting different goals – regime change"

I thought we liked conspiracy theories.

I guess he won't mind if we talk about the regime change he'd like to see in Georgia.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Putin say's the OBVIOUS! LOL! GEE! No Kidding!
Putin get's all Cold War every time he is trying to make a power play...such as get the vote of a specific Russian Demographic that longs for the days when Russia was a Super Power. In reality....neither Russia or China...and they have said so...will interfere if Iran does something stupid and the U.S. has to do something about it.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think most of the people discussing Iran's nuclear program on ATS, knows that the EU/US and Israel dont have any evidence that Iran is producing nuclear weapons. But the public on the other hand, which mostly gather their information from the media haven't got a clue about what is going on. I think the majority of the public believes that Iran is trying to build a nuclear weapon, And when they have it they will use it on Israel. Just like the media tells us.

I have never (barely) heard the media, politicians and policy makers discuss IAEA resolution number 533. Or what devastation a attack on multiple functional nuclear power plants would mean for the people of Iran and surrounding countries. The fallout from such attacks would be devastating.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The criminals in DC will never stop their war monngering rhetoric until there is a new leadership of yes men in their charge. The nuclear threat is just a ploy to bring down the hammer and I know that the ones in DC will never be happy as long as the ones in power in Iran, remain in power .Nukes or no nukes.

I employ the people of the world to please help us take down the criminals in DC because they no longer serve the best interests nor wishes of the American people, but only them and the cronies that are in bed with them.
edit on 25-2-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I hear you, brother; I just couldn't resist though. Of course it's a good thing when leaders can come out and say what they really think to the public. If we had more of this maybe we would have less war.

Imagine if before going into Iraq or Libya some super-power leader called the US government out on their true intentions...AND people actually listened. Probably wouldn't be about to invade Iran and Syria now.

Sadly, tight lips, sinks ships.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thats probably a true statement.

Hell, I want regime change in Iran, I just want the Iranian people to do it.

After the Iraq debacle they are never going to sell the idea of an invasion of Iran based on 'intelligence'. It'll only happen if Iran lobs a nuke or starts sinking ships.

Nothing that comes out of the mouths of us intelligence is believed by the world at large. Rightly or wrongly. Thats the price paid for misleading everybody in 2003.

new topics

top topics

join