It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue planets are rambling through galaxy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I don't know why that would change anything about planet formation. Could they not have been flung out of orbit by an extreme force once they were already formed. Maybe by one of these? A rouge black hole

www.astronomy.com...

The two theories great together. Good food for thought! Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I find this article completely misleading.

of course there are rogue planets out there, that hasn't been any secret for decades now. Planets often get knocked out of there solar systems or there host star died and was far enough away from it that it's gravitational force no longer effected it.

The fact that this article points towards a possible new way planets could have been formed is jumping the gun quite a bit.

They even speculate that our own solar system has a star in which competed with Jupiter for space and was in time flung from our solar system. What did you expect, it to just disappear?

This article does nothing but cause speculation where speculation doesn't exist. Unless of course they have some proof that these planets were formed outside of a sun.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by twistedlogic

sorry didn't see your post, but as you can tell, I completely agree with you on this one.

<< 1   >>

join