It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ont. man arrested after daughter draws pictures of toy gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ont. man arrested after daughter draws pictures of toy gun

www.canada.com

On Wednesday police in Waterloo, Ont., arrested Robbie Sansone, 26, a resident of nearby Kitchener, when a teacher at his daughter's school voiced concern over the drawing, Insp. Kevin Thaler of Waterloo Regional Police told Postmedia News.

The school contacted Family and Children's Services, which then called police, said Thaler.

During questioning, Thaler said the child, along with her siblings, provided police with a "detailed description" of a gun that was stored in the home and was accessed by the children.

"The kids were scared," said Thaler. "It is a four-year-old that w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What a nightmare!

I suggest reading the whole article as it is quite a good read. The father was a volunteer at the school, and even once asked to counsel there by the principal.

His daughter drew a picture of the dad holding a gun, and said that he uses it to "shoot bad guys and monsters".

Somehow the teacher believed they were real monsters and real bad guys being shot by a real gun? Or something along those lines.

God knows what kind of teacher is this brain dead... Maybe all of them.

A bureaucratic nightmare ensues where child protective services is called, who call the police, to have the man arrested! At the school no less.

It is not even a crime to own a gun in Canada. What the hell is wrong with people?

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sansone denied that his children thought the gun was real or belonged to him.

"It's a toy pistol," he said. "It's completely transparent. It doesn't even resemble a real gun, at all."

Police released Sansone about four hours later, said Thaler.

"The first thing my daughter said when I saw her was, 'Daddy are you mad at me?' " recalled Sansone. "That sums it up to me."

edit on 24-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

He said his daughter told her teacher the man in her picture was her father, and that he used the gun to "shoot bad guys and monsters."

He said he doesn't think the picture was inappropriate or should have raised concern for the school.

"I think every little girl, their dad should be their hero," he said. "Their daddy is their hero, is their protector, and that's what daddies should do in a little girl's eyes. (They) protect the house and make sure the bad guys or the monsters don't hurt them."

The school should have told him about the picture before calling Family and Children's Services, said Sansone.

"Nobody should take what a four-year-old says to that extreme anyways, especially if you are in the profession of dealing with children," said Sansone.

edit on 24-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I hate this ... we've become so politically correct.. we have people policing everything we think .. we need to rewind, seriously.. this is thought crime straight out of 1984 ..

I find this video relevant.. and brilliantly funny

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i think i found the teachers iq and common sence it should be returned asap anyone got a stamp?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Love the slayer intro, that guy's an Aussie!! Never seen him before which is surprising.

Lol, but he says off license.. must be pom.

"Amsterdam, is yer bike wet?" "yep" "well yer on the wrong side mate.."

Classic, and I agree common sense seems to be going out the window!!

BTW... every time I see your avatar, I think of 2 things.. A bald Doctor Evil (1 million dollars!) and a guy smoking an invisible joint.. O.o

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

During questioning, Thaler said the child, along with her siblings, provided police with a "detailed description" of a gun that was stored in the home and was accessed by the children.

"The kids were scared," said Thaler. "It is a four-year-old that we're taking the information from, but the fact is that this disclosure was very descriptive and very alarming to the officers investigating this."

Sounds like the kids are very intelligent actually.

How many 4 year olds can do that ?

They need to give her some advanced subjects to prepare for a scholarship !!

As for the teacher ... probably a former Ritalin kid.

Maybe that's the problem.

"The child had every belief it was real," said Thaler. "The indication from the kids was that it was dad's (gun)."

So now somebody is a mind reader
How can anyone know if the gun was real or not from a picture

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What morons.
And this is who we have teaching our children?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by miniatus

Love the slayer intro, that guy's an Aussie!! Never seen him before which is surprising.

Lol, but he says off license.. must be pom.

"Amsterdam, is yer bike wet?" "yep" "well yer on the wrong side mate.."

Classic, and I agree common sense seems to be going out the window!!

BTW... every time I see your avatar, I think of 2 things.. A bald Doctor Evil (1 million dollars!) and a guy smoking an invisible joint.. O.o

He's brilliant.. I'm a yankee and he's one of my favorites.. I'm also a python fan, I love alternative comedy . anything against the grain is ok by me .. but he's spot on!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
*sigh*
If you can't do
teach

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Story isn't really clear if a parent was with the child when the child was questioned. I thought no child could be interviewed without a parent or guardian present in the room.

Hope he sues the school & the police.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
He's brilliant.. I'm a yankee and he's one of my favorites.. I'm also a python fan, I love alternative comedy . anything against the grain is ok by me .. but he's spot on!

Haha youd have to be a bill bailey fan then !!

I'll have to look for more of this guy, funny as heck!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by boncho

Story isn't really clear if a parent was with the child when the child was questioned. I thought no child could be interviewed without a parent or guardian present in the room.

Hope he sues the school & the police.

Not sure if child services there makes a difference. Not that familiar with it, but it certainly looks as though they were questioned without him present.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Great my 4YO Daughter has been begging me to take her rabbit hunting all winter, there hasnt been any snow here to do so yet. She goes to preschool a couple times a week. I wonder if I will get arrested if she happens to talk about that as I know she does with me quite often.

She really wants to eat a bunny...

Also I'd rather have them know about the gun, what it is capable of, and how it can be dangerous than to come across one and be completely clueless about how to stay safe.
edit on 2/25/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have to agree with a lot of these posts.

Two points I want to make: we show guns in everything from cop shows to cartoons to the transformers and spiderman and everything a kid loves and wants to be, and we expect them not to emulate some aspect of their idols? That's insane. Kids have imaginations...don't punish their families after encouraging them to use it.

The second point is this: have we really fallen so low that a mere child can spark the fear of law enforcement and a school district? This child is barely old enough to recite the alphabet, and she's already gotten all of her siblings examined by the CPS, and her father thoroughly humiliated by some snarling pigs ready to draw blood.

Is it so easy for someone to be hurt with a gun that a CHILD can set the alarms going? If that's the case, then we need to get rid of guns, period.

Besides, do we really need guns? Is there no other alternative than to shoot someone? Bruce Lee never needed a gun...and he never lost a fight either!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My wife and I had a incident with our school where our son goes to. He is in 3rd grade, and as been at the school since 4k.

Last fall, we got a call from the school, saying that a note was going to be sent home, because our son had drawn a picture of a solder holding a gun, that we were to sign the note, and that if he did this again, he would be suspended from school.

We went down the the school right away. The assistant principle was there and she explained again that they problem was that he had drawn a gun, and showed us the picture. It was a stick figure guy, with a army helmet on, holding what looked like a pistol. That was it.

I asked to see the rules in which this was not allowed. She rolled her eyes and huffed off (not really winning me over with that attitude). Quite a while later, she came back with the principle and their student rule book.
The first thing the assistant principle did was point to a spot in the book and said: "We can get him with this."

I wasn't hearing anything for a few minutes after that, because her words were echoing in my head: "We can get him....."

Is my son in a school? Or is he in a correctional facility?\

The rule she pointed to, is that kids are forbidden to bring weapons to school (well no duh), but they are also forbidden to bring pictures of weapons to school. I personally thought this was to keep kids from bringing magazines like "Solder Of Fortune" or something. But apparently they wanted to use this too.

My wife and I explained to them that our son is in a home where both his mom and dad are military veterans, and so is both his grandfathers.
That statement earned us a look of disgust on their faces.

Then I found out that if any child runs around on the play ground and shouts something like "BANG! I got you!" and holds their fingers like a gun, they can be suspend from school. Repeated offense will result in being expelled.

Both these women are new, and just started this year.

There have been other things going on (not just with our son), that have both my wife and I considering very seriously home schooling him next year.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Insane.

We used to bring elastic guns to school and use them outside. Never had a problem. Used to draw artwork of fighting, guns, etc. Never had a problem.

Teacher did give me ***** when I wrote a story with swearwords in it though.

Regardless, I can't believe the attitude they had towards your kid.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jesus....

I used to draw entire battlefields in school, as a kid. Surely, my parents (now deceased) should be investigated for operating and maintaining a massive paramilitary force without the proper licensing, and bringing their child on unsanctioned military operations into South America.

I should, also, damn well hope that my hypothetical four year old knows what a gun looks like and how to tell if someone is handling it properly. Just because my house is in order doesn't mean he/she wouldn't end up coming into contact with a firearm; meaning it's good to teach them about them and how to handle them properly... and to GTFO if someone obviously doesn't know what they are doing.

I probably wouldn't want my 4 year old trying to clear and safe a weapon on his/her own... but by time they are seven and older - I'd be teaching them to put any weapon they come across into condition 4. That way, if it is a situation where they are around others/friends, no one gets shot if there's a "lemme see that! *grab-bang*." It's good practice for handling firearms to always verify it's in condition 4 before doing anything else with the weapon.

But, that is probably indicative of some kind of psychological pathology deemed a hazard to myself and those around me. I find it horribly ironic that those of us trained in the proper use and handling of a weapon find ourselves under attack from a society conditioned to shun the very existence of weapons. In spite of having the capability to dismantle society via attrition with the application of said weapons (opposing casualties would out number our own by a factor of 10:1 at minimum), we are subjected to further alienation and dehumanization.

It's quite curious. Teaching responsible use of a weapon is bad. Accidental deaths and murders are justification for further restrictions and controls (because, obviously, we're not being responsible about this).

This course of events is too predictable. Bring on the apocalypse so we can get to the hair-raising excitement of the post-apocalypse.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Don't we all feel more safe now? I mean if we let children dram pictures of guns then basically we are letting the terrorists win, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
OUTRAGE
OUTRAGE, I TELL YA!!!!!!

Oh wait. Now that the dust has settled and a few more details have emerged. After trawling the news stories that came out some days after the event, the story is more like this...

1. Child draws apicture on a whiteboard. Only the teacher sees it, but considers it so unimportant that it gets wiped out.

2. based on OTHER things currently being kept secret, Family and Child Services were called.
The child was NOT taken into care, as some have reported.

3. based on these OTHER things currently being kept secret, the father, Jessie Sansone, with a history of violent crime, was taken into custody with a search of both himself and home.

4. Jessie goes public with outrage all over the media, but then under further scrutiny goes quiet, and deletes his "dozens of rap videos" and online profiles.

No children’s aid society would remove a child from their home solely based on a child’s drawing.
...you will find that some of the characterizations presented in the media of Family and Children’s Services involvement have been sensationalized or inaccurate.

The Record

So its actually that this was never about the drawing, and it was only ever the rantings of the father to the media that made it appear this way. It was actually about something else that nobody on either side is willing to discuss.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ignorance denied.

Although I couldn't find everything that covered all you mentioned I did see this one, www.therecord.com...

new topics

top topics

join