It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on the Record: No "Alliance" with Romney.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
After all the speculating lately about Ron Paul having some kind of alliance with Mitt Romney, it seems the MSM was quick to pick up on this "conspiracy theory". Of course, Ron Paul was equally as quick to debunk it, as well as making a few other interesting statements...

edit on 24-2-2012 by NeoVain because: Fixing wording

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I heard him say it was "strategy" for him to be focusing on Santorum and not Romney.

I never heard him say he is not currently avoiding attacking Romney.

And to be honest...it is the correct strategy for Paul at this point. Santorum has the ability to continue his surge and leave them all behind. Newt doesn't pose any threat right now at all...so Paul's best bet is to team up on Santorum with Romney.
edit on 24-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Anyone who actually believed Ron Paul would team up with Romney is simply out of their mind and lacking any common sense what so ever. As he said, he has burned Romney many times, especially with the flip flopping advert about him. He's nothing but a "slash and burn capitalist", as v1rtu0s0 put it. He's everything that Ron Paul stands against - reckless spending and a lack of empathy being the two main traits that Paul hates. To suggest he would team up with such a slime ball is insanity imo.
edit on 24-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thank God

2nd.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I initially thought, maybe just maybe, a partnership between the 2 would make romney milder, but I'm in it for Paul all the way.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are secretly in love with Ron Paul. Admit it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Santorum has the ability to continue his surge and leave them all behind.
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You can't really think that, please tell me that is a very subtle attempt at sarcasm.
Santorum will sink like a rock soon enough. He's way too extreme with his religious views for mainstream America. He only has backing in the midwest states, other than that, he has nothing.

Don't count out Paul just yet, because an admission by CNN indicating he's second in delegates is really a big deal, considering how badly the mainstream media slights & marginalizes Paul almost every chance they get. I wouldn't completely count out the possible deal between Paul & Romney either. They may not share a ticket, but it could be some other type of deal (cabinet member?). The Republican Party like it or not, knows they cannot win this election without Paul's backers, although they will never admit it.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join