It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Official: "We are talking about legitimate WMDs here -- this isn't Iraq."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So this story begins with an article sourced from Drudge:

Exclusive: State Department quietly warning region on Syrian WMDs

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Reading along, the reader is drawn into the US State Department's plans and actions to warn other surrounding countries about Syria's "real, this time" WMD's.

A curious statement is quoted down in the article that:

We are talking about legitimate WMDs here -- this isn't Iraq. The administration is really concerned about loose WMDs. It's one of the few things you could put on the agenda and do something about without planning the fall of the regime."

Now unless I am a bumbling idiot, to me that implies the last administration wasn't serious about Iraq's WMDs. And they were not real. But THIS time it's for real.

OIC. Right. So this time I am supposed to believe you? Yeah right.

:shk:

SOS, different day. Ron Paul, we need you. BAD.

When I think back to watching Bush making jokes about "nope, no WMD's over here..." I could just scream. Screwed again by these parasites called politicians.

edit on Fri Feb 24th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
hmmm... wonder what his sources are...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Iran or Syria or both? Wish they'd make thier minds up!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well considering that during the invasion of Baghdad, the Coalition forces had to wait for Russian military "advisors" to leave for Syria before going in... What were those Russians doing? My money is on moving some military assets out of Iraq and into Syria.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Syria does have a large stock of WMD's ( I fraggin hate that term )
Mainly chem and bio but they do exist
Even google should give you some numbers ( can't/won't look or post links - bizarre Internet connection - may explain someday )
But yeah deffinatly a strange reference to Iraq ( kinda like the boy that cried wolf )
But then I still try to make people think - why IF there WAS bio and chem weapons found in Iraq WHY was it covered up ?
edit on 24-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added word

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
hmmm... wonder what his sources are...

Well Tony 'Once upon a time...' Blair isn't about this time around to give a helping hand with a ficticious opus.

Having said that, there's a more comical set of muppets in place on both sides of the supposed poilitical divide.

William 'genuine miles guv' Hague has already been gracing the press lights with his words of wisdom quite a bit. Totally believable of course because he is Forgeign Secretary after all.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oh no!
Maybe this time there really are WMD's !
Sadly the whole thing reminds me of good ole' Charlie Brown trying to kick that football that Luci's holding for him, maybe this time she's really gonna let him kick that ball.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
LOL

Syria is going to strike any day now!!!! THEY MIGHT EVEN HAVE A DIRTY BOMB AAAAHAHAHA REMEMBER THAT ONE??? DIRTY BOMBS?? LOL LOL LOL.

Man this movie gets better and better as time goes on.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Syria does have a large stock of WMD's...

Umm, you don't think I am here to talk about Syria in this thread do you?

Nope.

Think back people, to the lies we were sold on Iraq. Think back to the jokes that were made as little kids were getting their heads blown apart. Think back to Colon POWell at the UN, selling them on yellowcake. Think back to all the Americans lost in that conflict, and even more the Iraqis. Think back to the depleted uranium left in that country, effectively ruining it for years. For what? WMD's? CIAlqueda? 9/11?

NO. Iraq was a lie. And here you have another administration official so loosely letting the cat out of the bag. Expecting the sheeple to just ignore it and move on to the next target.

Oh, dear whoever you are up there in Heaven. PLEASE send a mile wide asteroid, ASAP. And shove it right up DC's ass. And no need to apologize for the collateral damage. Hell, they don't, why should you?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So what if they have so called WMD?

Seriously,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Its not america's damn business

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Syria does have a large stock of WMD's...

Oh, dear whoever you are up there in Heaven. PLEASE send a mile wide asteroid, ASAP. And shove it right up DC's ass. And no need to apologize for the collateral damage. Hell, they don't, why should you?

Ah, this is the same prayer my dear spouse and I send up to Heaven each and every day. We are starting to think nobody's listening.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Your forgetting mate, most people, many of them found here too, have had ten years of serious re-programming by the main stream media to correct there leftist commie pinko views that may have led them to believe that maybe, just maybe THERE GOVERNMENT LIES TO THEM.

Cant have traitor talk like that.

I still remember the RED MENACE and although I never actualy did find a RED UNDER MY BED, I still check every night, every night. You never know when Ivan will strike, those commies have hated our freedoms for years now, and I will for one will not tolerate this communist conspiracy!!! TAKE THAT IVAN!!!!

Wait....no, what?, were talking about Syria???

Where did those communists go????......not again

back to sleep I go....
edit on 24-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

Your forgetting mate, most people, many of them found here too, have had ten years of serious re-programming by the main stream media to correct there leftist commie pinko views that may have led them to believe that maybe, just maybe THERE GOVERNMENT LIES TO THEM.

Cant have traitor talk like that.

I still remember the RED MENACE and although I never actualy did find a RED UNDER MY BED, I still check every night, every night. You never know when Ivan will strike, those commies have hated our freedoms for years now, and I will for one will not tolerate this communist conspiracy!!! TAKE THAT IVAN!!!!

Wait....no, what?, were talking about Syria???

Where did those communists go????......not again

back to sleep I go....
edit on 24-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

how dare you question authority

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

No not at all
I understand entirely where your coming from
My problem is that we still haven't and probably never will be told the whole story of Iraq ( one of those see it to believe it things )
And that the iraq sham regardless of what you think you know is used as a political weapon

A bit vague and sketchy I know but this subject makes me nervous

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

A bit vague and sketchy I know but this subject makes me nervous

Well if you are in the military it damn well SHOULD make you nervous. But you need to be more than nervous, pal.

Cause there are people above you that will sacrifice you for political gain. While you sit there with a bullet in your head, in your final dying moments, wreathing in agony, maybe perhaps you will remember what it is for.

For another BARBARIAN to make money. Die much?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
my son joined the military a year ago for a 5 yr stint in operations. Non Combat.

He and others were told recently that 10s of thousands would be dis charged because it was not working out.

The catch, if they wanted to they would be able to immediately re-join as combat.

The army is not winding anything down but those the no combat troops.

They are ramping up combat troops very much so.

If this isn't a clue, then I dont know what is.
edit on 24-2-2012 by alienorgy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Even google should give you some numbers ( can't/won't look or post links - bizarre Internet connection - may explain someday )
But yeah deffinatly a strange reference to Iraq ( kinda like the boy that cried wolf )
But then I still try to make people think - why IF there WAS bio and chem weapons found in Iraq WHY was it covered up ?

I could think of one of the reasons being that they were American fabricates. Remember those weapons have been used to off 5000 kurds.

Originally posted by alienorgy
my son joined the military a year ago for a 5 yr stint in operations. Non Combat.

He and others were told recently that 10s of thousands would be dis charged because it was not working out.

The catch, if they wanted to they would be able to immediately re-join as combat.

Very interesting bit of info. I assumed the army as a whole is shrunk with no major operations on the horizon and just 40k combat troops needed for Afghanistan. So it really just means America streamlined its military on the back end.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

I could think of one of the reasons being that they were American fabricates. Remember those weapons have been used to off 5000 kurds.

Originally posted by alienorgy

Very interesting bit of info. I assumed the army as a whole is shrunk with no major operations on the horizon and just 40k combat troops needed for Afghanistan. So it really just means America streamlined its military on the back end.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

Pretty much. they are gearing up for more war. Hopefully my son will not go back.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here's a radical thought.....

How about we (the U.S. and the rest of the modern world) quit being the thought police...let's quit allowing our politicians to speculate on other countries thought process.

How about we leave other sovereign countries to their own pursuits.

How about we wait and see what Iran and the other members of the "axis of evil" actually do with their prosperity.

I find it sadly humorous that my country is the only country to ever us nuclear weapons while numerous others possess them and have shown 100% restraint in using them...YET, my country want's to police the worlds nuclear happenings; like we have the high ground on this issue.

How about we give Iran the benefit of the doubt; as we have done with every other country that has officially developed them?

How about we wait and see who uses one first, if ever.

There is no harm in Iran possessing a nuclear bomb...unless they use it; in which case, my country has enough bombs to destroy the world 10x over.

who is a real threat to the world, stone throwers or technologically advanced warmongers that have already shown a tendency to use nuclear weapons over a paltry ~3000 deaths?

I have no love for Iran, but I definitely have no love of murder in any form, for any reason...war included.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012
Here's a radical thought.....

How about we (the U.S. and the rest of the modern world) quit being the thought police...let's quit allowing our politicians to speculate on other countries thought process.

How about we leave other sovereign countries to their own pursuits.

How about we wait and see what Iran and the other members of the "axis of evil" actually do with their prosperity.

I find it sadly humorous that my country is the only country to ever us nuclear weapons while numerous others possess them and have shown 100% restraint in using them...YET, my country want's to police the worlds nuclear happenings.

How about we give Iran the benefit of the doubt; as we have done with every other country that has officially developed them?

How about we wait and see who uses one first, if ever.

There is no harm in Iran possessing a nuclear bomb...unless they use it; in which case, my country has enough bombs to destroy the world 10x over.

who is a real threat to the world, stone throwers or technologically advanced warmongers that have already shown a tendency to use nuclear weapons over a paltry ~3000 deaths?

I have no love for Iran, but I definitely have no love of murder in any form, for any reason...war included.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you but find it hilarious you seem to be supporting the war monger in chief

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join