It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Klassified

“When it happens you’ll have 30 minutes to make it out of the city. And even then you’ll only have a one-in-three chance of survival.”

Sorry but people lived centuries without power, I think well manage.

Lol that is funny. How can you compare? In those days everyone had a well and an outhouse.

Do you know what it is like when you can't use the toilet? What about the water...it is recycled in the cities and could never get to you so EVERYONE would have to find a dirty park pond or a river.

In those days people got their eggs from the hens and milk from the cows, they grew food. Can you even imagine the smell all over the city as the Froze TV dinners rot and the ice-cream melts and the meat thaws?The disposable diapers from thousands of babies are on the street... In the city you are in a huge trap if you have no transportation to that water and when a million people start pooping in a back corner alley and the garbage is not picked up.

The time limit is because if you are not out immediately you will not be able to get out.

There are many exceptions to this rule....consider that if a EMP explodes over the continental US, Alaska and likely Hawaii would not be effected other than being cut off.....we have our own power systems....Hell Alaska is a country in itself....I think we'd be ok up here. Even without power....it wouldnt take much to get to water via the multiple fresh water lakes in the city of Anchorage.

And a bonus if you live with a eskimo from a villiage....they know all about livin off the land.....

I say lets git er dunn.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

I think it's always a good idea to be prepared for the unexpected when possible. We just don't live in a perfect world. There are way too many variables to say the worst-case scenario can never happen.

Thanks for adding your perspective on this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Klassified

“When it happens you’ll have 30 minutes to make it out of the city. And even then you’ll only have a one-in-three chance of survival.”

Sorry but people lived centuries without power, I think well manage.

Lol that is funny. How can you compare? In those days everyone had a well and an outhouse.

Do you know what it is like when you can't use the toilet? What about the water...it is recycled in the cities and could never get to you so EVERYONE would have to find a dirty park pond or a river.

In those days people got their eggs from the hens and milk from the cows, they grew food. Can you even imagine the smell all over the city as the Froze TV dinners rot and the ice-cream melts and the meat thaws?The disposable diapers from thousands of babies are on the street... In the city you are in a huge trap if you have no transportation to that water and when a million people start pooping in a back corner alley and the garbage is not picked up.

The time limit is because if you are not out immediately you will not be able to get out.

There are many exceptions to this rule....consider that if a EMP explodes over the continental US, Alaska and likely Hawaii would not be effected other than being cut off.....we have our own power systems....Hell Alaska is a country in itself....I think we'd be ok up here. Even without power....it wouldnt take much to get to water via the multiple fresh water lakes in the city of Anchorage.

And a bonus if you live with a eskimo from a villiage....they know all about livin off the land.....

I say lets git er dunn.

Well I don't know how many live which way, but my sister and all her kids live in Keni, AK and they have no wood heat electric seems to keep them alive since with the cold they have to even keep the car warm all night. it is so cold there and if you were not prepared, and no snow removal on the roads no planes and trucks they would be out of food fast!
The garbage problem would make a bear problem, guess you could kill and eat the bear :-)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg

I'm not an engineer, but I'd be worried even if they didn't get all the stations, what about the cascading effect like we saw in NY?

I see what you mean, but since most of the stuff that requires electricity probably won't work no more, I don't think that would be any problem.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I need to go sleep now and so haven't read the whole thread.

I can say without doubt that if I knew such an event was going to happen, I would not give my son/daughter an old car and a 1 in 3 chance. I would buy tickets to a place I knew would be least likely affected to keep them safe. I would be quite insistant.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, I am just out of time for this evening.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Its not that cold in some parts of alaska, you gotta understand that there are 5 different climate zones that vary in temp by wide margins. While there is cold and snow...it wouldnt be as bad as you think. Basically we're a small area surrounded and spread out among a vast area of wildlife and such.....yes you'd have to work for it and be creative, but you wouldnt have a huge issue finding food here....hell, per capita Alaskans own roughly 5 guns per person on average. And if you live here, chances are you know 3-4 people that hunt and fish if you don't.

Alaska is unique in that way...without power yes it would suck.....but not as bad as if you were in the lower 48.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Any pictures of this burial at sea?
Genuinely interested if it's all true.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sykonot

You are right of course that shelter is important, but neither of these scenarios, CME or EMP, will affect your basic shelter if you are caught at home. If all local electricity is out, so will water supplies go down. Once your local town's gravity feed tanks are emptied, that may be all that will be forthcoming from your local water company. You'll be left with what is stored on site, including the 'hidden' water like in your toilet tank, hot water heater, etc.

As to the 'Jaden' guy up above, he seems to think he'll survive on carrot seeds not yet planted, and beer. Hygiene needs aside, you can't just plan on 'eating' and not having anything to drink. Most people have some amount of stored food and very little liquids and of course if you've stocked up on freeze dried foods, you'll need a rehydration source. In a stressful situation, water needs increase. You'll be doing more manual labor. Will it be the rainy season? Do you live in a low rain area? All pertinent issues.

My comment about drinking bad water holds. There's a lot of people out there stupid enough to drink out of a puddle if they get thirsty enough. One bout of bad water diarrhea will kill and it won't be a good way to go. Think the worst food poisoning you've ever had, times 10. 30K people die every day world wide from starvation and bad water.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join