It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by genesis2587
If your car was a stick shift, even if the starter won't crank, wouldn't you be able to just push start the bitch? Just wondering.

Only if the car has points and coil ignition. The EMP Pulse will fry all transistors, and these make up the "brain" in your car's ECM, and your TV, radios, cell phones, etc. Thankfully, I have everything needed to convert my 1990 Chevy van back to carb, points and coil, fuel regulator, including gaskets, but, this would take time to do.

Those who live in cities would have the worst of it, small towns I believe will pull together, but as soon as the EMP fires, all vehicles will stop right there, wherever then happen to be. Roads will be clogged, and the only way out is to walk, and you better have weapons for that. We also have a natural spring near here, but I am sure it will be heavily guarded.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Even if it did happen, I think it would be impossible to block off every city in the US within a 30 minute time frame. Especially the major cities like L.A. and N.Y. I also find it doubtful that the entire nation would be affected at once. The only exception would be something from the sun, then it would probably be more than just North America.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Klassified

Is it just me . . . or do a lot of other ATSers feel in their gut that this is

no

disinformation thing.

Sending the truck . . . sobering. Very sobering.

How many warnings from how many diverse sources do we need folks?

Sigh.

At the very least. A lot of people know something big is up. And they feel like it isn't good.
edit on 2/26/2012 by Klassified because: html

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by YERWRONG

In the event of a true and imminent cataclysm, WWIII, enemy attack, Zombie apocalypse
, etc. The likelihood that we will be forewarned truthfully, or at all, is probably nil. It may be that all we ever have are warnings from from less than desirable sources. And each of us will have to decide for ourselves what to take seriously, and what to take with a grain of salt.

I personally believe any of us who takes an extreme stance to one side or the other on issues such as this, needs to come back into balance. A true skeptic isn't an extremist. They are balanced in their approach, and their beliefs. And they are few and far between.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
Even if it did happen, I think it would be impossible to block off every city in the US within a 30 minute time frame. Especially the major cities like L.A. and N.Y. I also find it doubtful that the entire nation would be affected at once. The only exception would be something from the sun, then it would probably be more than just North America.

Live in a city? Take a good look at the highways that feed it, and all of the cars and trucks on it an any given time. Now imagine all of those vehicles stopping cold, in their tracks. Get it now? It is called "Gridlock," I believe.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by genesis2587
If your car was a stick shift, even if the starter won't crank, wouldn't you be able to just push start the bitch? Just wondering.

Only if the car has points and coil ignition. The EMP Pulse will fry all transistors...

The EMP will destroy the coil, ballast resistor & any fine wires on the vehicle. Solenoids/relays will melt their windings, globes will pop/crack, alternators/generators will melt and worst of all, the stereo won't work.

I'd be willing to bet that nothing made in the last 50 years would work in the event of an EMP.

autowrench, your a mechanic......When was the last time you worked on a diesel with a mechanical decompression valve?

I see them in the marine industry a fair bit, but they are slowly getting phased out. Some of the simpler tractors have them.

I remember working on an old Bedford(circa 1940's/50's) about 15 years ago that had one. It is probably the only truck I have seen in service that has one.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol
Nobody can penetrate undetected the North American air space.
NOBODY!
If anyone would attempt to launch an EMP attack, it would be instantaneously disabled, probably even before it would reach the continental shoreline.

NOT

WHEN

the globalist oligarchy in charge of our defenses

and in charge of scheduling Russia and China's attack

WANT us defenseless.

. . . WANT us destroyed to ashes

IN ORDER TO enable overt setting up of the global government on the world stage all the easier and faster.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

I'm in Vancouver, and will probably travel at night until I reach a sail boat. day travel would be to dangerous. With a route already planned out I wouldn't need light. Once on sail boat, I'll travel out to an Island I've picked out to wait it out. tell me if you see any problems with this plan?

Tsunami's will be arriving erratically from at least quakes . . . if not meteors and quakes and nukes.

I hope the island has some high elevation with lots of stored food and water for you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

At the very least. A lot of people know something big is up. And they feel like it isn't good.

INDEED. Just all the resignations of the bank CEO's is a huge clue to that.

Throw in all the hints from world politicos.

Throw in all the hints from world military types.

Throw in all the stuff from alternative news whistleblowers.

Throw in all the stuff from Christian prophetic sources .

. . . ALL . . . saying essentially the same thing . . .

We AIN'T in Kansas any more.

Buckle seatbelts.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i dont know about an EMP strike but i do think something is going to happen because of all the advetisements on t.v. for survival food that lasts 25 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes
reply to post by Char-Lee

Did you just say that if an EMP hits, people everywhere will start throwing their diapers in the street??

Lol Well Yeah!! Where is the garbage going to go in the city when all stops running? Dirty Diapers are one major ick!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by budro

So now I am thinking cash for clunkers was part of the design.

Also, on my flight home from Fla on Wed the 22nd, we were delayed and the pilot said it was for rockets going off in cape canaveral....then I read that they sent Navy satellites up from canaveral today. Discuss amongst yourselves ...this is all making me nervous.

not many people today can start a fire or find food, I'm sure they only way they would know would be thru violence...we really have become useless because of technology...or is that part of the plan too?

You would be pretty helpless in the cities when they are under military control.

But many people have the false sense they would make it find if they were in the wilderness. As someone who got lost in the wilderness once I learned just how prissy and weak we all are now days! People start thinking it will be like camping they do in nice camp grounds with water at each site. It is really scary and difficult and painful to worry about warmth, water, food and every scratch or injury in the wilderness. With children it would be a nightmare.

People start carry guns thinking that will keep what they have safe, yet how many really could shoot someone in the face or gut because they were hungry and wanted some of their food, or for any reason, I feel sure it is not as easy as we imagine.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol
Nobody can penetrate undetected the North American air space.
NOBODY!
If anyone would attempt to launch an EMP attack, it would be instantaneously disabled, probably even before it would reach the continental shoreline.

I wonder if it could be done with a HARP like instrument from space.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
If it were to happen I don't think it would be a conventional launch and altitude detonation. It would be from assets already in space. The approach could be masked if the entire thing is made to look like a small meteor shower.

I think the probability of it would be made clear if there were ground troops stationed on nearby land masses ready for deployment. That or in a fleet of subs for deployment. The thing is, without a land invasion, it would be useless. I don't think an aggressor nation would do such a thing if they didn't want to first strike with EMP, then conventional weapons and nukes. All that to be followed by a land invasion.

The initial threat would be special forces occupying cities or facilities that can negate an air strike from our forces either by collateral damage we would not want to assume, or by hardened facilities that can withstand considerable punishment.

The beach head would be on the west coast IMO. The east coast would have a rapid response from European allies so I would rule it out.

The author of such an attack would have to be a super power with a space program. Secret or otherwise.

Considering all this, I have to think they are just preparing for a mock solar flare. I doubt any of the capable parties would do this.

It leads me to believe it would be done in conjunction with a smaller solar flare. So false flag. The purpose would be to install special power to the white house. Martial law would be the first. The ratification of a new emergency government that will not step down would be the last.

It is worth considering that the US outsources its atmospheric detection. I just learned that yesterday. They would have to hide the fact of launch origin. A ground launch would be detectable by civilian agencies throughout the world.

A launch from orbit or space would be less detectable.

IMO
edit on 26-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

A couple of nights ago I was up at 1.30 AM because a huge jet woke me...sounded larger and military West Coast OR/CA border, I was standing listening to the sky in the cold when trucks started passing on the highway 101 next to us, they were heavy enough to shake the house and there was just one vehicle big then some small and big again for about 5 minuets a bunch of them! Moving North toward OR and Wash.
They were really moving fast and it was very unusual, the highway is dead at that time of the morning and was again when they were gone.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Can an "EMP" really cover the entire US? I mean, it would take over a thousand nukes to hit the whole USA land mass.

What I saw of the training manual showed that a large enough nuke above Kansas (about central?) could knock out most of the contiguous states. I'm not an engineer, but I'd be worried even if they didn't get all the stations, what about the cascading effect like we saw in NY?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

Only thing is be prepared to do without. Due to the possibility of long term electrical outages due to ice storms, I insisted on a heat source (wood stove) which did not require electricity to run. I made sure it had a cook surface & have cast iron cookware so cooking is available. We live where everything is electric, but my only real worry is water. Our well pump is down 140 ft IIRC, and no electricity = no water pumped up. May have to switch to rainwater collection + filter for that.

But, then we decided to do that without any fear of an EMP or Carrington Event due to the inevitability of an eventual ice storm.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

There should be a viable way to rig a hand pump on your well. Would be clunky and slow but a lot better than no water.

And, there's also solar DC pumps available.

Of course, one would need to protect the solar ina Faraday cage until the EMP junk was over.

One could build a Faraday cage over a functioning solar system in the sun but it would cut down on efficiency due to the shading by the metal screen.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

my understanding from reading up on effects of solar flares on our electrical grid is that their is precautionary measures that can be taken, i would assume all of or millitary equipment is prepared for such a event, natural event or attack, at least i would hope, mostly tho i think the half hour is how long it would take people to realize their is something bad going on and once people try to make a mass exodus from highly populated area's it will done deal.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

I live in a very large city and I can tell you with certainty that it would take far longer than 30 minutes for these people to realize something was that terribly wrong. It would be even worse if the strike came, say during a storm cell or a bout of rainy weather because sometimes we lose power for several hours and no one thinks anything of it except as an annoyance. The biggest clue of course would be cars going dead, cell phones, backup generators and whatnot, but in a city this size it would likely be hours before the vast majority of us figured out what really happened, and by the time we did there would be no escape...the rioting and looting and mayhem would be unstoppable. How utterly terrifying.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I don't want to speculate on whether or not this story is real or a fabrication. I do want to thank you for opening our eyes to the possibility, however. Of all the countless ways the world could go to hell in a hand basket this year, this had not made it onto my list yet. Now it seems like such a distinct possibility....and so simple to execute.

I actually read the story "One Second After" on the website someone linked. You should read it too if you have not already, and so should everyone else subscribing to this thread...especially the person who made the flip and ridiculous assertion that "we'll get by". It wouldn't be just the inconvenience of not having lights or computers. The description of millions of dirty diapers in the street is not far-fetched at all...assuming our babies would even HAVE diapers in this scenario.

There would be no transportation, no power for ANYTHING...patients in hospitals on ventilators would die within minutes. All of the food and resources would be looted within the first day, and even if the city realized what happened and declared martial law, the loss of valuable time and resources would be devastating. There would be no medicine save for the supplies left in each pharmacy...and no way to get more either, which would mean thousands of deaths within weeks, hundreds within mere days. The list goes on and on.

This story is set in a small town with a few thousand residents. I live in a huge city populated by millions of people. Taking the scenario in the story and transferring it to my location...doing the math...it would be, in a word, horrifying. I laughed at my parents for hording water and canned goods before Y2K. I am not laughing now. I would rather be the butt of someone's joke than be unprepared if such an event should occur here and now. I am going to encourage everyone I know to read this thread and to read that story. And my husband and I are going to start preparing ourselves... just in case.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join