It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

911 happened now did it not? If one man can think of an idea, then most likely other men will too think of that same idea. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Saw the OP story last week Wednesday. Same day my better half was sent, along with several people from his department, to a class out of state. Govt employee - class on high altitude EMP. Presenter asserted a 90% mortality rate from a HEMP. Seemed way out there to me, but the string started with "Folks on ventilators, dialysis, can't get needed medicine, inner cities will just annihilate themselves..." And then you start to wonder...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just curious, idk if this is in survival or not but in-case this scenario did happen what on earth would we do?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I have my Iphone and Iphone only in my faraday cage!!! Ill be the only one with itunes...yay!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A lot of people have restored older cars that will work just fine.
Plus bikes, motorcycles, draft animals etc.
It will be a pain but we will get by.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

If martial law is declared within thirty minutes and the city is cordoned off perhaps???

Jaden

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Nobody can penetrate undetected the North American air space.
NOBODY!
If anyone would attempt to launch an EMP attack, it would be instantaneously disabled, probably even before it would reach the continental shoreline.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Sorry, you're wrong. Yes, they managed, but their entire infrastructure was based off of NOT having electronic devices. We have screwed ourselves in that now if power goes out, EVERYTHING stops. If there is no electronic communication, there is nothing. Most modern trucks and cars won't work. Trains won't work. Ships won't work. America, especially rural America, will be better off than most places because of the ability to survive off of local resources. Most cities and high population centers will go nuts and within days start wiping each other out.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Defense systems are shielded against EMP attack. Cheyenne mountain and Colorado springs and basically every missile silo is shielded to withstand EMP or even nuclear attack.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't really thing America needs to worry about an EMP attack coming from a missile being fired into it. They will fire it from the ground, and then straight up!

Also, anyone who says that "America would stop any missile before it even came into it's airspace" is just kidding themselves and doesn't know a thing about 911. America would just have a "missile defense test" happen right at the time a real missile would be fired!
and we all know what happened on 911 don't we.

I'm in Vancouver, and will probably travel at night until I reach a sail boat. day travel would be to dangerous. With a route already planned out I wouldn't need light. Once on sail boat, I'll travel out to an Island I've picked out to wait it out. tell me if you see any problems with this plan?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The "you need water more than anything" bull crap is one of the biggest survival fallacies ever perpetuated on man. How many people do you know that drink nothing but beer? which actually dehydrates you. The truth is we get the vast majority of the water we intake from the food we eat. You need to get fruits and vegetables with large percentages of water in the event of TSHTF scenarios. The problem with that is that transportation will be down, so you need to grow them or have access to natural sources of them available to you.

Clean water will not be our downfall. Human nature, lack of infrastructural preparedness and FEAR will be the downfall of society. We should be preparing ourselves on how to survive and cope as a society in these situations rather than chasing down terrorists and spending money on useless crap.

We need to limit our dependence on technology rather than increase it. You need to get in shape and prepare modes of transport that run on human or animal power.

wheeled sleds pulled by dogs, bikes, etc... get spare bicycle tires and tubes and repair kits have evacuation routes to locations with fruits and vegetables available.

Move out of cities and move into suburbs with easy access low traffic routes to rural, farming communities.

Train in firearms and stock up on ammo and other firearms. I don't mean going to the range by saying to train in firearms.

Get close friends together and train with tactical drills like cover fire and move, etc.. Learn what you need to survive. Put together packages of readily available usable and legally obtainable devices...never mind on that point, you need to think and do the research yourself on those things.

Anyways, get some real, useful knowledge instead of spouting crap that is misnomer and fallacy. Like you need water sources more than anything including food. food IS a water SOURCE!!!!!

Jaden

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm calling bunk.

1. A "Pinch" is a machine which can make an EMP without a nuke. Unfortunately, the largest Pinch in the world lacks the power to wipe out one city block(by many orders of magnitude).

Wiki

I suppose the OP could be referencing a nuclear EMP, but in such a scenario, the damage inflicted by the nuke would dwarf the problems associated with the EMP.

2. The 1984 truck is a give away that the EMP warning is a fake. Even an old diesel has electronics for start-up and shut-down. EMP does not just shut down electronics....it fries them beyond repair.

If you really want a vehicle that runs after an EMP.............build a Faraday cage into your garage.....Make sure that no conductors cross the thresh-hold(AC power leads) and that the cage is grounded.

If you don't have the luxury of being able to modify your garage....

Old 2 stroke cars, bikes and planes usually run a magneto style ignition system that is virtually impervious to EMP....Note avoid systems with CD ignitions(anything made in the last 40 odd years). Old diesels with decompression levers are good. These diesels generally only have a starter circuit and nothing else(besides driving ancillaries...lights, indicators, etc...).

Even if you do have a vehicle that has simple/no electronics.....You will still need a battery or you will have to jump start it.

A battery will keep indefinitely in a dry state.....A battery dealer will sell batteries and the acid separately so the battery can be stored for many years and still be ready to work at full capacity when commissioned.

edit on 26/2/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

missile /= passenger aircraft that was allowed to hit to provide reasons for war

youre argument is flawed in that a civy aircraft prior to 9/11 would not be percieved as a threat and shot down
an incoming missile? you bet yer britches thats assumed hostile

i dont see an emp happening (i personally wouldnt use one like that to kick off a war.... not very effective)
and as others have said this 30 minute warning makes absolutely no sense and the whole thing stinks to high heaven
hope for the best plan for the worst

edit on 26-2-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

I have to say a great response, I always remember this. It takes weeks to die of starvation, it takes days to die of dehydration, but it only takes hours to die from the elements.

First shelter, then water, then food, then we work on amenities. Like holes to poo in lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Can an "EMP" really cover the entire US? I mean, it would take over a thousand nukes to hit the whole USA land mass.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
If it were to happen I don't think it would be a conventional launch and altitude detonation. It would be from assets already in space. The approach could be masked if the entire thing is made to look like a small meteor shower.

I think the probability of it would be made clear if there were ground troops stationed on nearby land masses ready for deployment. That or in a fleet of subs for deployment. The thing is, without a land invasion, it would be useless. I don't think an aggressor nation would do such a thing if they didn't want to first strike with EMP, then conventional weapons and nukes. All that to be followed by a land invasion.

The initial threat would be special forces occupying cities or facilities that can negate an air strike from our forces either by collateral damage we would not want to assume, or by hardened facilities that can withstand considerable punishment.

The beach head would be on the west coast IMO. The east coast would have a rapid response from European allies so I would rule it out.

The author of such an attack would have to be a super power with a space program. Secret or otherwise.

Considering all this, I have to think they are just preparing for a mock solar flare. I doubt any of the capable parties would do this.

It leads me to believe it would be done in conjunction with a smaller solar flare. So false flag. The purpose would be to install special power to the white house. Martial law would be the first. The ratification of a new emergency government that will not step down would be the last.

It is worth considering that the US outsources its atmospheric detection. I just learned that yesterday. They would have to hide the fact of launch origin. A ground launch would be detectable by civilian agencies throughout the world.

A launch from orbit or space would be less detectable.

IMO
edit on 26-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
reply to post by GD21D

Before they close the routes out, before everyone starts to freak out and mass chaos erupts!

Interesting thread personally not sure what to make or take from it, but interesting none the less.

How would they close the routes down most if not all their vehicles will not run either. They may have some hardened stuff but will not be enough to lock down a city.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

I have to disagree with you on water. Yeah you can get water from food but not the bulk of it. How many of you eat food without drinking something during or after? Water is also used for hygiene, cooking, and for certain injures or illness etc.

Water is the most under prepared for item in any survival/preparation plan. Best thing to do is have a good back pack filter you can carry with you and a berky style filter for where you will be living. One highly over looked way to get water if you do not have a source where you are or near you is rain water collection google it and get started. The 2 or 3 55 gallon barrels you have stored won't last more then a week and that is just drinking. 1 inch of water on 1000 square feet of roof is 500 hundred gallons of water. If you get 10 inches of rain where your at the average roof is 1500 to 200 square feet so that is 8-10 thousand gallons of water. Now that is is some real survival preparedness right there! No well pumps needed and can gravity feed it or hand pump it in a pinch but a good RV pump with solar could pump it.

We all dig holes and pump water miles to get it when nature brings it right to us and all we have to do is collect it. But we let it get away and then have to go to great lengths to retrieve it. Build a good sand filter and use the berky for drinking water and your good to go....

edit on 26-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

I suppose the OP could be referencing a nuclear EMP, but in such a scenario, the damage inflicted by the nuke would dwarf the problems associated with the EMP.

edit on 26/2/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

A HEMP (High altitude Electromagnetic Pulse- that which is our biggest threat at this time) does not inflict any damage besides the em pulse. It is sent out high in the atmosphere, and explodes high in the atmosphere. All we get down here on earth is the EM pulse.

Someone else said it would mean many carefully orchestrated explosions in many areas- that is not true, one large EMP weapon going off at a high altitude could knock out the entire US.

It could also be sent up by a ship, in which case, we could quickly blow it up... but then never know who do it to us and remaining vulnerable to them.

The countries we know to be capable of this now are Russia and China, but Pakistan, Israel, Great Britain, and France may have it by now, or be close to it.
There's always the possibility of countries like China and Russia sharing that technology with others as well, it seems.

The idea that we can get much of our water only from food is valid in cases where you have a lot of food- and not a lot of dehydrated stuff that can be stored for long periods... it would have to be fresh. Good luck with that in this scenario.

People who are on medication would be in great trouble- those who rely on it to live would die quickly, as our military structure is not currently fabricating pharmaceuticals, despites it's being largely protected.
One thing to consider is the high percentage of people who are on anti-psychotic medication. The effect of stopping suddenly anti-psychotic medication is- psychosis. Look up how many people in the US are on such medications! That's a lot of people suddenly becoming psychotic in a situation which calls for keeping your head on, being realistic, and working with others.... I hate to say it but picturing them makes me almost think a good camp to lock them up in could be useful... at least while they work out the drugs from their systems....
edit on 26-2-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone considered that the OPs source is talking about a geomagnetic storm caused by solar activity?

This would fit in nicely with the 30 minute advance warning time figure:

NASA Solar Shield

Dr. Pulkkinen and his team utilize computer models at the Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., to provide two types of space weather forecasts. Long-term (1-2 days) forecasts use SOHO data and take a few hours to generate. Short-term forecasts (30-60 minutes) use solar-wind observations from ACE and can be generated in a mere 10-15 minutes.

A CME event would also fit with the nebulous time frame of "this year".

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join