It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California/Nevada Earthquakes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i was on the way home from work this morning listening to the C2C program, when they were saying something about the OVER 800 earthquakes that have hit the california/nevada border in the past few days/weeks.

what do you guys think?
are these quakes a prelude to 'the big one' to come?

now, i have only been living in Ca for about two years, and im certainly no expert on anything worth knowing (especially earthquakes), but, is this kind of thing 'normal'? surely this many quakes in this amount of time is unprecedented...

your thoughts/theories?...

[edit on 9/22/2004 by Assassin]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well I will do some research and then I will post my thoughts. I live in CA and didnt even realize we had an occurance of earthquakes heh.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There have been over 500 earthquakes in that area....

I don't think there will be an eruption (at least not any time soon), but I do think that it is being caused by volcanic activity.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
hmmm... i found this article about magma flow under lake tahoe and the surrounding areas.

its starting to looks as if something big is about to happen. maybe that super-volcano in yellowstone? i hear that its long over due for activity...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Sierras mountain chain is a group of volcanoes which is next to the Long Valley and Mammoth Valley calderas. The quake cluster appears to be directly north though, in the mountains west of Area 51 ...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
The quake cluster appears to be directly north though, in the mountains west of Area 51 ...

maybe the boys at A-51 are behind this? hmmmm...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I heard that it's better to have alot of smaller earth quakes because if you don't then energy will build up and that's when a big one will hit.

top topics

join