It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thanks for the serious reply.
I'd have to agree that hyphenation has done more to separate/isolate than to just identify.

It brings to mind how casual some may consider their patriotism, if they HAVE to hyphenate.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by literofcola

It was the fact the he used his own race to gain his followers. Again I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

Personally, I find it just as shady to use your religion or economic status as a way to gain support. If this was Rick Santorum and he was asking Catholics to vote for him, most people wouldn't see nothing wrong with it. But it still separates us into different types of Americans.

Obama just did the same thing with the black community.

Race or religion...doesn't matter. It is still a tactic used directly towards a certain group of people

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by literofcola

It was the fact the he used his own race to gain his followers. Again I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

Personally, I find it just as shady to use your religion or economic status as a way to gain support. If this was Rick Santorum and he was asking Catholics to vote for him, most people wouldn't see nothing wrong with it. But it still separates us into different types of Americans.

Obama just did the same thing with the black community.

Race or religion...doesn't matter. It is still a tactic used directly towards a certain group of people

And I completely agree with that as well. I would call anyone out who used religion or economics to gain support just the same as race. The fact is they are all wrong and it is really stooping to try to gain votes from this ad.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

I'm sorry but this is a black man asking black ppl to vote for him, while invoking images & ideals from the civil rights movement.It's smarmy.

What if this was a Jewish candidate that was asking a Jewish group of people to vote for him, all while invoking scenes from the holocaust? Judaism is a religion, not a race....but would that not be the same tactic?

If Obama's tactics offend you, then so should that.

You can't get more racist than that.

Sure can!

Racism isn't only about anger or disagreement either.

Racism is about fear as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"Let every man honor and love the land of his birth and the race from which he springs and keep their memory green. It is a pious and honorable duty. But let us have done with British-Americans and Irish-Americans and German-Americans, and so on, and all be Americans...If a man is going to be an American at all let him be so without any qualifying adjectives; and if he is going to be something else, let him drop the word American from his personal description. " - Henry Cabot Lodge, Massachusetts Senator (Republican)

"I have not been able to think out any solution of the terrible problem offered by the presence of the Negro on this continent, but of one thing I am sure, and that is that inasmuch as he is here and can neither be killed nor driven away, the only wise and honorable and Christian thing to do is to treat each black man and each white man strictly on his merits as a man, giving him no more and no less than he shows himself worthy to have." - Theodore Roosevelt

Prepare for a very race-based election cycle. President Obama wants to win so bad he is willing to risk potentially serious racial strain, possibly even strife, in America. Even if such divisive words never pass his lips they will ring out from his millions of minions and proudly announced from the media pulpits. It is one thing to have a constructive discussion on race in an election; it is another to exploit the issue for personal gain.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Good reasons to bring up "race"
Bias
Bigotry
Prejudice

Bad reasons to bring up "race"
Winning an election
Losing an argument

Wonder which reasons we'll see.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes, if it was a jew using his "jewishness" to try and solicit votes I would definitely have a problem with that.

And actually, no you can't get more racist than this. This isn't "joe blow" here talking about "the man", this is the leader of the free world soliciting votes based SOLELY on the color of his skin.(And not the content of his character)

And yeah racism is about fear too. Obama fearing for his job.

Now let me flip the switch and ask YOU. If this was some white guy running against a black man, and he used the terms for votes like "tradition" & "status quo" etc etc while showing images of lynchings would YOU have a problem with that? Cause I would.

Now I know what you're gonna say, there's no violence in obama's video, apples/oranges, etc. However, those 60's images don't bring to mind that it was blacks AND whites marching for equality, they bring to mind (imo) "the struggle from "seperate but equal" jim crow & all that garbage, subconsciously.

And heck yes, I absolutely believe that it was done intentionally so obama could try & play the same card over again.

/not a republican
/shed the left/right paradigm 6 years ago
/still think obama is getting a pass & yes that's racist.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Quick question sheepslayer, why is it we don't hear about African-British, Irish-Canadian, Spanish-Portugese?

lol beez
that should be obvious

"divided we fall"

lol so the POSUS is race-begging
but let's not forget he's in [and of] the house and not the field

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Obama is getting sleepy

He is getting tired

He is being hypnotized

He sees the opposition as haters

He is paranoid

He is afraid

He is shivering

He is desperate

He sees failure in the mirror

He fears exposure

He fears abandonment

He hears the clock ticks getting louder

He can't stand it

He is tense

He is watching the fuse burn

His is getting bags under his eyes

He is failing

He is melting

His agenda is exposed

His failures are numerous

He is twitching and stammering

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OK, well in the interest of fairness and equality, I will now start my new non-profit... White People for Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Misoir

Good reasons to bring up "race"
Bias
Bigotry
Prejudice

Bad reasons to bring up "race"
Winning an election
Losing an argument

Wonder which reasons we'll see.

Great Thread S & F.
beezzer My Friend, I think something needs to be said about separation between church and state.

I don't know But isn't he also violating the separation between church and state by asking particularly Churches To Support His Campaign.

Not only is Obama playing the race card in an attempt to pressure black Americans into voting for him, he is also violating the separation between church and state. In the video promo for the campaign, Obama urges black people to pressure churches into supporting his administration by getting his message out via “the faith community”. He also calls on voters to become “congregation captains”.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I'm not trying to derail this thread, I think this is Part of your thread OP and Important!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Obama has 98% of the African-American vote already. Why does he need a special group?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yeah I understand that infowars had this subject on, and your post is a legitimate complaint.

The only problem I had is Alex Jones brings a certain stigma to the scenario that I wasn't looking for, which is why I didn't include that link.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it couldn't be talked about, or any kind of collusion here against you personally, I just didn't want the topic to start with the whole "Alex is a disinfo agent, no Alex is a hero, no alex is a ....

And so on and so on. I thought the topic was important enough as it was without that kind of drama.

I was hoping since this is ATS, I wouldn't have to hand-hold anybody, they'd just watch the video and ascertain that info for themselves.

It's all good, thanks for the contribution.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Sorry about that, I was also reading this story at other sites and thought about the importance and I wanted people to remember he'd done this before.
Here are other places with the story.
educationviews.org...
www.ronpaulforums.com...
thepartyofknow.com...
mjhawkeye.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

No apologies necessary, really.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I find it despicable that Obama is asking black people to vote for him, not on the content of his character, but on the color of his skin.

Seems pretty slanted towards playing the race card to me.

Imagine the backlash (especially here), if Ron Paul put out a campaign ad asking white people to vote for him!

Obama =

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Obama has 98% of the African-American vote already. Why does he need a special group?

Huge red flag for Obama's re-election chances.

Yes 98% of blacks that ultimately vote, will vote for Obama.

But if the black turnout is 50% less than it was 4 years ago, Obama is toast.

Obama knows this and is very worried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join