It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok, I saw this video awhile ago, went to the search box, found nothing like it, so if it's been done my apologies.

RON PAUL CALLS UPON SUPPORT FROM WHITE PEOPLE!

Oh wait, my bad, that's not what the title says is it? Lol. Let's try that again.

Ok, so what we have here is the president cozying up to African Americans asking for support & including images of MLK, talking about slavery & risking "their own safety to cast a ballot". (Talking about the civil rights movement of course, and comparing that time with THIS election.)

He actually has the NERVE btw to include HOPE & CHANGE in this speech, except THIS time he has "Determination" between the two, so technically it's not the same speech from '08

Sound off ppl, what say you?
edit on 24-2-2012 by schadenfreude because: youtube vid fix

edit on 24-2-2012 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
there really is no end to how low a politician will go for the nectar.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

1. Video's not working
2. Bringing race to the race to win the race, is. . . um racist.

ETA vids working, nice job

edit on 24-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

1. Video's not working

Come on beezer, you know as well as I do, it's only racist if you're white.

BTW if anyone can suggest how I can fix the link I'd appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Use the youtube link button and paste everything after the equal sign into the entry field.

edit on CFridaypm101031f31America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Again ... you are posting this around the forums. WHAT is it supposed to mean?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Thanks starchild, got it fixed.

And thanks for the quick reply!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude

Originally posted by beezzer

1. Video's not working

Come on beezer, you know as well as I do, it's only racist if you're white.

BTW if anyone can suggest how I can fix the link I'd appreciate it.

The first post-racial president (2008) to openly use race to attempt to win an election.

Kind of obvious since he can't win it on the issues.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In my opinion, this video is not racist, per say......racism perpetuates feelings of anger or discontent, sometimes physical action, against another group of individuals.

This is no different that any ad that is aimed at any hyphenated American.

Such as:
catholic-Americans
Christian-Americans
Irish-Americans
middle class-Americans

I could go on and on. But just insert any group of people into this ad and it would work. This is a generic political campaign tactic to garner the votes of specific people that may be more likely to vote for you because of their individual beliefs or cultures.

Too often I believe we mistake what I just described as racism. This is nothing compared to the hate and discrimination we see from many racist people, and I think that it only serves to trivialize the true definition of racism when we are so quick to pull it out.

Just my opinion........

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Everyone should pay a dislike to that video, even if you like Obama. I'm putting my dislike for Obama aside on this one but really? Are presidents suppose to be racist? You guys may not feel the same way but that actually made me feel uncomfortable and I think it is because he is trying to use his race as an advantage over the other candidates. That's not right. Maybe I'm thinking too far into it, maybe it is just because he is the first black(ish) president, I've just never seen a video like that put out by the potus.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Quick question sheepslayer, why is it we don't hear about African-British, Irish-Canadian, Spanish-Portugese?

Why is it Americans are the ones that love to hyphenate?

Americans are the patriotic drones shouting USA, USA, USA! Yet, they can't call themselves "Americans".

Just curious for your opinion, no snark/troll intended.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
In my opinion, this video is not racist, per say......racism perpetuates feelings of anger or discontent, sometimes physical action, against another group of individuals.

Such as:
catholic-Americans
Christian-Americans
Irish-Americans
middle class-Americans

I could go on and on. But just insert any group of people into this ad and it would work. This is a generic political campaign tactic to garner the votes of specific people that may be more likely to vote for you because of their individual beliefs or cultures.

Too often I believe we mistake what I just described as racism. This is nothing compared to the hate and discrimination we see from many racist people, and I think that it only serves to trivialize the true definition of racism when we are so quick to pull it out.

Just my opinion........

Good post. I agree with you this shows no discrimination or hatred. I only disagree how you describe races. I think your economic status or religious beliefs are not race. A racial ad would be Caucasian, African Americans, Native Americans, Asains, etc. It was the fact the he used his own race to gain his followers. Again I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I posted this earlier in the week and my thread got moved to the OFF TOPIC category. Wonder Why?

Anyway, here are some additional thoughts on this latest scheme that no one seems to be concerned with.

Our president, the great divider be it race, income or social class he's got the division covered!!

For what its worth
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Such as:
catholic-Americans
Christian-Americans
Irish-Americans
middle class-Americans

Just my opinion........

I'm sorry but this is a black man asking black ppl to vote for him, while invoking images & ideals from the civil rights movement.It's smarmy.

You can't get more racist than that.

Racism isn't only about anger or disagreement either.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I entered in obama, obama african american obama launches campaign, etc etc your article didn't come up.

Sorry about that. My apologies.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What I find amusing about this video is that Obama makes a concerted effort to bring up his fairness rhetoric. Everyone does their fair share?? I know what he means when he says that and he is certainly not asking his potential voter base to do their fair share. That is a subtle jab at the wealthy resource that Obama is hell bent on tapping like a maple tree during syrup season. Is it fair that 50% of the population pays no federal income tax??

OOOF!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hey don't sweat it. I created my own title for the thread and double topics are often allowed in different forums. I'm just glad to see someone else post this. People need to be aware of the desperate tactics that are clearly at play for a POTUS who clearly had the African American vote in the last election. Wonder why he feels the need to take this up a notch??

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Quick question sheepslayer, why is it we don't hear about African-British, Irish-Canadian, Spanish-Portugese?

Honestly, I don't know. Never really paid attention. I can only comment on how I see things from inside the US.

Why is it Americans are the ones that love to hyphenate?

That's a very in-depth issue that goes well into the cultural and political differences between groups of people. Some groups of people have had to fight hard for their civil liberties in this country, some fought hard against that. The end product was a government policy and cultural mindset that actually split us deeper into hyphenated groups of people....all because we could not live by the words "All men are created equal".

Until we learn to practice as we preach and truly treat everyone as equal individuals, you are always going to have groups of people banding together to protect their interests and becoming a hyphenated American is inevitable.

edit on 24-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I would imagine the answer is simple; obama is a one-trick pony and ppl are waking up to his bs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join