It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism...It's happening to me and I'm White. It doesn't feel very good either.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I''m sitting with my birth family, and my nephew and the awesome guy from afrika that my sister married. My mom's white my dad's black.

I side with HUMANITY

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008
I''m sitting with my birth family, and my nephew and the awesome guy from afrika that my sister married. My mom's white my dad's black.

I side with HUMANITY

You made me smile. I put human for race on my census form.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Those last two replies made me smile.

They also give me a little hope for this crazy world...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
haha this must be the love page!! I'm glad we all agree.

All us humans probably been through alot of pain, but here on ATS we throw it aside and show some love, cause if you don't have that......the streets get mighty cold

Keep it warm!!!! I wanna imagine a boiling pot of love in my stomach that warms my heart so much everywhere I am that any slight feeling of dis-ease in another human could be fixed by the warmth of my own heart, translated through my speech and action.

I'm not a superhero like that, but maybe one day if we all try super hard we'll get there together!!!!

THEN I COULD FREAKIN ASTRAL PROJECT LIKE A PRO! If any hateful people are spewing that separtist garbage, we need to send them here, or somewhere else with people smiling in it, so maybe they will get injected with our laughing happiness style, instead of being infected by that angry domineering spirit that others hold sometimes. don't let us be them!! be we!!!

/crazy

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
double post for some reason.
edit on 2/26/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I can pick apart posts too!

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I don't think the OP was trying to assert any superiority over anyone.
I didn't say that he was trying to do...... anything at all.

No, but you DID call him a racist. And nothing in his post would indicate that is true.

What the hell are you talking about?

Simply that people calling others racist is what fuels further racism a LOT of the time. If people weren't so oversensitive to political correctness the continued perpetual focus on race would probably cease to exist. Why is pointing out your own race when talking about being confronted with racial prejudice considered racist to you?

In my first post, do you think that I was just simply grabbing on to the opportunity for a chance to 'stick it to whitey'?

Of course not. And I'm sorry if my post came across as a personal attack. Talking about society in general, the media, etc. They cause us to be oversensitive about the things we say, and the way we treat each other. You've seen in comedies where a guy tries too hard not to "look racist" and ends up making a fool out of himself and looking like the most prejudiced person ever. That's the way it is. We are too sensitive to these things, and that was why you calling him a racist kind of set me off. Again, I apologize if I came on too strongly toward you. It was nothing personal.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

No, but you DID call him a racist. And nothing in his post would indicate that is true.
I said nothing about the post. That statement was made with direct reference to the title.

Why is pointing out your own race when talking about being confronted with racial prejudice considered racist to you?
I see it as much more than just simply 'pointing it out'. My interpretation is that it was stated in such a way that it should seem even more appalling, because 'this happened to me, and I'm white.'

I made that comment, with one goal in mind: To cause (at least some) others to stop for a moment, and look at the wording in the title, from a different perspective. I believe that I successfully reached that goal.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

We are too sensitive to these things, and that was why you calling him a racist kind of set me off.
I am curious about one particular detail.

The OP is white. We know that much.
You became angry, because I called him racist.

Since I called a white man, a racist, do you just automatically assume that I am black?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

]I see it as much more than just simply 'pointing it out'. My interpretation is that it was stated in such a way that it should seem even more appalling, because 'this happened to me, and I'm white.'

I made that comment, with one goal in mind: To cause (at least some) others to stop for a moment, and look at the wording in the title, from a different perspective. I believe that I successfully reached that goal.

Thank you for answering that question for me, and I do understand your perspective looking at it from that angle. I simply didn't interpret the title in that tone.

We are too sensitive to these things, and that was why you calling him a racist kind of set me off.
I am curious about one particular detail.

The OP is white. We know that much.
You became angry, because I called him racist.

Since I called a white man, a racist, do you just automatically assume that I am black?

I wasn't angry at all, as a matter of fact. And I am 100% sure I made no speculation about your race in any of my posts, and honestly, your race is completely irrelevant to the argument. An attack is an attack, and I was merely trying to figure out your motives for attacking- which you FINALLY told me two posts above.

Since I didn't like that you called someone a racist, do you just automatically assume that I assumed you were black?

edit on 2/27/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/27/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
lolol some of you just kill me. I swear. here you go saying you were discriminated against and then go into mode and apologize for something you absolutely had nothing to do with as if somehow its your fault by default for because of the color of your skin and in some strange manner, I get the feeling that you feel their pain.......and that its ok for you to be discriminated against by those who you perceive are/were discriminated against by someone somewhere along the line who just so happens to be the same pale shade as you even though you never did it and dont know who actually did...

Oh,,,,,,,,,,My,,,,,,,,,,God,,,,,,,,,,,,

Are you people kidding me?

Really?

Seriously?

And on a conspiracy forum no less,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do you even have a hint as to the real truth about this country's history?

I feel sorry for some of you. Really I do. You deserve it though for being so indoctrinated.
edit on 27-2-2012 by alienorgy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow

I wasn't angry at all......

Originally posted by martianmallow

.......you calling him a racist kind of set me off.

Since I didn't like that you called someone a racist, do you just automatically assume that I assumed you were black?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join