It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism...It's happening to me and I'm White. It doesn't feel very good either.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow, I never knew how it felt to be hated simply by the color of my skin. "IT SUCKS".

I am not even close to understanding how I would deal with it on an everyday basis.

I don't want to point out any race of people. That would make me just like them.

I would love to go into more detail but It would be too easy to track me. I like my privacy.

If there is anyone in this world that I made feel uncomfortable simply by the color of their skin.

I publicly apologize.

I felt less than human. Nobody should ever have to feel like that.

I hope some of you could take a second and send me your prayers or just some positive energy.

I could really use some support....

Peace and Love to the entire ATS Family.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And we personally delivered 50 years of that, tax-free, with a complimentary boot in the #.

No wonder the African Americans hate us now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I refuse to be paralyzed by "white guilt".

We should realize the future is the focus, while remembering the errors of the past.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
And we personally delivered 50 years of that, tax-free, with a complimentary boot in the #.

"The consequences of today are determined by the actions of the past. To change your future alter your decisions today."

This is something all must do, but it's hard to have this mind frame when living in an environment that oppresses you. This is the reason why we still see such hostility in races in this day and age, people are unable to learn from the past because the past that is in our history books, is wrote behind lies, lies which breed division and hate and makes it hard for people to get over such a turbulent history.

OP: I would ask you to just laugh at the culprits and just show empathy for their misunderstood attitude towards you, I would even go as far as maybe pulling one or two of them aside and explaining that what they're doing is wrong and the abuse their giving you is shrouded in nothing but a misunderstanding.

A bit of one to one can go a long way, the more we communicate with each other, the easier it is to get along and throw away the racist social conditioning

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do you think its fair to call someone something if you were called something first?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Get used to it, we'll likely become a minority in our lifetime, or at least our kids' lifetimes.
Simple math of birthrate.

Still though, to me, people are people, and I try to judge them on actions, not color. However, that said, there will always be initial judgements based on how one dresses and carries themselves, etc.

For example, whether a kid is white, black, hispanic, etc., if I see him with his pants half down, walking like a thug, then I'll assume he's a thug...simple as that, and react accordingly. Don't like it? Then don't BE the stereotype.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The worst part is that you still don't even realize how much of a racist you are.

This is racism ↓↓

Racism...It's happening to me and I'm White

edit on 2/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

hi op
i have been abused many a time
here in the good old great britain
in the midlands
ive gone to the kebab shop (yeh typical british culture ay lol)
it was about 11pm, i had a on a t-shirt with the union jack on it (world cup at the time)
2 young asian men about 20-25 said in a realy cocky sort of pakistani accent said to me
ENGLAND f""""""ENGLAND, then they got into their car
i went into the the shop, and then came out
the 2 young men were in their car, as i walked past the driver poked his head out
and said "aalllreeeet mate" in a stupid take the piss attitude
i seen red
i put my head towards his and he drew back and i put my head in the car
and i said
yes im very well are you, they were very shocked
and then i went to the front of the car as if to cross the road, stopped in front of their car
got my phone out and pretended iwas giving their plate numbers to who was on the phone
within seconds they threw their food out the window and drove off

ive many others but many readers would not believe such things happen here in england

The term "ITS A JUNGLE OUT THERE"
believe me its a jungle here in the midlands

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Do you think its fair to call someone something if you were called something first?

-SAP-

No.

I find it more benefiting knowing im not a complete and utter ignoranus.

If an idiot says something to me while im out having a laugh, i'll just say "yeah mate, what ever"

And yes, i can more than defend my self and its a rare occasion if i get set about, if i do - they're normally in a group, and if thats the case i'll just turn round and say "look lads, i really cant be ass'd fighting today, please" Normally one of them will tell they're friends to back off. When saying the above to people, I feel that they dont look at me like im weak, but as a person that given a worse mood - would of turned round and lathered every single one of them, today just not been one of them days.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

The worst part is that you still don't even realize how much of a racist you are.

This is racism ↓↓

Racism...It's happening to me and I'm White

edit on 2/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Poor wording on my part....Sorry if it offended you.

I should of said "Racism sucks no matter what color you are".

Point taken...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I wasn't offended. I was just pointing it out.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I lived for several years in New Mexico and was on the receiving end of prejudice, daily, it certainly gives you a different perspective and an understanding of how it feels. I am white. Most of the people I worked with were Hispanic, great people once you get to know them, but I had months of hostility to go through before that happened. S&F

You have my prayers and support. I found I was to stubborn to quit and head down I persisted, eventually it all changed and people who hated me came to love me.
One foot in front of the other, stay quiet and endure.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My sympathies dude.

I also live as an expatriate, Im a whitey living in Malaysia and I also experience racism on a daily basis.
Fortunately for me me its the good kind where I get better and faster customer service and people are friendlier to me than locals or my black friends.

Without giving anything away can you just tell us what part of the world your in?
Im guessing anyone who wanted to track you down probably could without that being made public by you

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Uh, no it's not. I think it's common knowledge to everyone that racism is attributed a majority of the time to being perpetrated by white people on any other minority. Also, pointing out your own race in a racial discussion is not racism.

The definition of racism is the belief that one race is 'above' all others. A superiority complex. I don't think the OP was trying to assert any superiority over anyone. They had merely never, as a white person, experienced the receiving end of racial prejudice. Don't go pointing fingers and calling names. That kind of behavior is EXACTLY what perpetuates the tension and continued racism in this country. As long as it still 'matters' what color you are, whether that be in a negative or positive way, things will never, ever, change and people of ALL races will be subject to this totally pointless, outdated hate.

ETA: I believe the OP was not a victim of racism, but racial prejudice. There's quite a difference. Racial prejudice is when someone had a misconception about you simply because of your race, and makes a judgment whether or not to like you based on that alone. Whether or not it is racism would depend on the individual. For example, a woman who crosses the street after seeing a man of a different race approaching her would be acting out of racial prejudice. She may not be racist in her heart but has misconceptions about that person because of their race, the circumstances, etc.

edit on 2/25/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/25/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
My sympathies dude.

I also live as an expatriate, Im a whitey living in Malaysia and I also experience racism on a daily basis.
Fortunately for me me its the good kind where I get better and faster customer service and people are friendlier to me than locals or my black friends.

Without giving anything away can you just tell us what part of the world your in?
Im guessing anyone who wanted to track you down probably could without that being made public by you

I live in So. California.

I also like another posters point.

I was a victim of racial prejudice..... not "Racism".

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Uh, no it's not.
uuhhh. Yes it is.

I don't think the OP was trying to assert any superiority over anyone.
I didn't say that he was trying to do...... anything at all.

Don't go pointing fingers and calling names. That kind of behavior is EXACTLY what perpetuates the tension and continued racism in this country.
What the hell are you talking about?

In my first post, do you think that I was just simply grabbing on to the opportunity for a chance to 'stick it to whitey'?

I was just holding up...
... one of these↓.
That is all.

edit on 2/25/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here in SA whites face heavy employment and study restrictions via quota systems.
The past is re-imagined and twisted to make young people in the white minority imagine they were the worst people on the planet.
The ruling party promised us a non-racist, non-sexist country in 1994, but this is not the case.
Songs are sung about killing whites (in defiance of recent court orders), and the media downplays a lot of racial hate crime against whites, most horrifically against the farmers.
The growth of white poverty is rarely highlighted.

It's strange, because in my younger years I was always very concerned about being an activist for the rights of other people.
Now, the tables have turned.
They are the majority and the system, and we are the oppressed minority.
The only problem is that some of the ideologues cannot see themselves as "the system" (they will never), and they come up with ever more creative ways to frame "white exploitation", which justifies their decadent corruption and theft from all the poor, while they would cut off the nose to spite the face to get rid of whites.

Not all black people are racist, and some see through the lies.
However, feeling racism is quite a dreadful experience.
And the sad truth is: racism feeds more racism.

I wish you strength and all the best.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

And you continue to kick a person while they are down. "Stick it to whitey"? Nah, but you wanted to stick it to this poster for some reason. One liners are sure fun, especially when the stars start appearing! Then you know you are clever!

On topic!

I never understood racism. There is only one race on this planet, humans. Now, I understand colorists, and culturists. Those have been around since the begining of the race! Impossible to change ignorance, just as it is impossible for me to "fix" the past actions of "whitey"...funny how that name is allowed in threads...

But, like I say in other threads. Prejudice is funny like that.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Who is we? I believe in holding individuals responsible for their actions, not demonizing entire groups of people.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Originally posted by adigregorio

And you continue to kick a person while they are down.
Who?

you wanted to stick it to this poster for some reason.
It would be helpful if you would use names and/or arrows. When you say "this poster", I can't see who you're looking/pointing at.

If you are referring to martianmallow: I simply asked a question, in response to his implications accusing me of creating racial tension. Was that wrong of me? Am I not allowed to ask questions?

One liners are sure fun, especially when the stars start appearing! Then you know you are clever!
Huh?
What the *snip* are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join