It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Blocking Release of Monsanto-Linked Lobbyist’s Email

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The Obama administration is now blocking a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by an environmental group, Public Employees for Environment Responsibility (PEER), which is attempting to uncover Obama’s connections to Monsanto-linked lobbyists.

Not exactly freedom of information then, right?

Keep in mind, Monsanto’s products have been linked to some horrific effects on biological systems like the human body, not the least of which is creating necrosis and significant mutations in critical cell types.

Please see these threads for a lot of information regarding monstanto, their crops, practices etc.

Millions Of Pounds Of TOXIS POISON To Flood US Farmland

USDA To Give New Monsanto Crops Special "Speed Approvel'

New Research: GMO Food Far Worse Than We Think

The World According To Monsanto

The group suspects the Obama White House of working with these lobbyists to defend genetically engineered (GE) crops and the attempts to get these GE crops planted in wildlife refuges across the United States.

Part of the information which is currently being withheld by the Obama administration is part of an email from January 2011 from a lobbyist to a top White House policy analyst. This lobbyist was with the Biotechnology Industry Organization, or BIO, which regularly represents the interests of companies specializing in GE seeds like Syngenta and the infamous multinational giant Monsanto.

Oh people i can't say enough about Monsanto.
You probably all know it but that evil has to come down in flames.

The e-mail contained blocked parts.
The White House stated that it needed to block out those parts because it contained information on BIO's lobbying strategy.

PEER thinks along the same lines but makes it a little more intricate stating the following:

We suspect the reason an industry lobbyist so cavalierly shared strategy is that the White House is part of that strategy,” said Kathryn Douglass, the staff counsel for PEER.

PEER has been doing phenomenal work exposing the connections between our government and BIO lobbyists, including the release of internal emails last July.

The email release revealed that Peter Schmeissner, a senior science policy analyst and member of the biotechnology working group at the White House, actually had been corresponding with a BIO lobbyist about one of PEER’s legal challenges.

The article is highly interesting and gives insight into how the White House is interwoven with companies like Monsanto.

the rabbit hole goes deep
edit on 24-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
hump di bump

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Knowhow, you are finding some great stuff...

I'm sure that lack of replies is merely Read & Agree...

We already know much of this; BUT, in my opinion...

This topic and about 10 others are critical and should be 'stickies' in each particular forum.

But that's just me. S&F and Bumpasaurus for yo!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Knowhow, you are finding some great stuff...

Thanks, but it´s others finding this stuff.
I just take credit
just kidding though

I'm sure that lack of replies is merely Read & Agree...

Well some feedback would be nice though.

So that i actually KNOW people have read this thread

We already know much of this; BUT, in my opinion... This topic and about 10 others are critical and should be 'stickies' in each particular forum.

I agree, some stuff should be mandatory reading.

But that's just me. S&F and Bumpasaurus for yo!

Not just you

and thanks for SnF

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dude as always a very informative thread
I always read your threads and encourage others to do so
A special thanks for this tho as you've put soo much info and links in one post - so I can save it and throw it in people's faces
Like my doctors !
I don't often comment but when I do it's usually coz I can add something
I'm not one for posting just to get my numbers up or say agreed or +1
And GM/chemical agriculture ect isn't really an area I have great knowlege of ( do I look like a farmer or lab tech lol )
So don't take it personal dude but please KEEP PUSHING IT OUT THERE
flag for now star when I can

new topics

top topics

join