It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience with XBOX live new update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So, everyone who owns a XBOX and has a gold membership knows there was an update yesterday, and you know you cant just not choose to have an update they basically force them on you.

I did the update all was well until i turned off my xbox. I then returned later to play the coveted SKRYIM but nope come to find my profile was missing. So in turn i log into my girlfriends profile to see what had happened. Next thing i know her profile gets corrupted.

So right away im freaking out, now i cant play any of my games, i cant go online because my profile was simply not there. All my downloaded games where there just not my GOLD MEMBERSHIP profile. AAAGGGHHH

I then called customer service only to be on the phone with them for the next 4 hours only to be told in the end, it was their fault. Mines was the 1st corrupted profile they had seen since the new update and it will take 18 days to fix on their end. Im just thinking what is going to be fixed and why is it going to take 18 freaking days. A weird number just to shoot out there.

Horrible horrible customer service. I had to ask to be refunded the 10.00 bucks it cost to play online for the 18 days i will not be able to use my xbox. I had to beg them to refund the stupid money a blew on the Netflix service i had payed for cause now i cant go online to watch netflix. This is my only sorce for television and it lame i know but geez im on vacation and now cant play any games really. cause xbox saves your user info on their site not on your actual hard drive......what a joke. why do they do that?

I cant play BF3 now cause why no profile cant go online and Dice instead of saving your weapon unlocks on your hard drive saves them on theirs. So if their system is down or if your profile gets deleted because of their stupid update, your ish outta luck!

Now my perfectly good xbox seems to run slow, what the heck HAPPENED.....im just so mad right now. i want to go back 500 years ago when things that mattered actually mattered and this wouldnt be a problem.

RANT OVER!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

basterds, glad i dont have live anymore i would be uber POd
i have no idea why that would happen did u contact xbox at all and ask?
edit:
oh u did ummm anon attack possibly?
edit on 24-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
First world drama, I hear there is a really awesome simulator with the best graphics to date. It's called The World Outside, the mechanics are awesome and you can do almost anything you set your mind to. Just remember you only get one life.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ahahahahaha real funny terd.

There is a special place in my heart for folks like you. I probably play the outside game allot more than you, you have no idea.

But thanks for dropping by

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

wait did u install a new hard drive in your xbox recently? ive heard of accounts getting banned for not having an official xbox hard drive

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

I love folks like you too :3, it takes a special kind of person to put up these little vapid gems of sphincter leakage. Keep em coming winner.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
First world drama, I hear there is a really awesome simulator with the best graphics to date. It's called The World Outside, the mechanics are awesome and you can do almost anything you set your mind to. Just remember you only get one life.
Played that game before. Wasn't really that great
farm5.staticflickr.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

No...no new hard drive. Just accepted their stupid update which caused my xbox to go loco

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i take it you've tried the 'recover gamertag' function.
this has never happened to me but i can imagine how POd i'd be if it did.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
wow, that doesnt seem right?, if you can get on twitter search for major nelson the "major" might be shortend but the "nelson" isnt not sure.... he works for xbox and releases note ect for updates, if you can message him he may be able to help.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
LOL thanks guys but ya did everythang under the sun and nothing. I gotta wait the 18 days for the XBOX techs to figure it out. They supposedly got it covered but im still mad. *SHAKING FIST AT THE SKY*

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That sucks dude. I always usually get great customer service from XBOX. I'm really happy this didn't happen to me or I would be pissed off too. My budget is really tight and that "small" amount of money I spend on Xbox is usually the only fun I get to have after a long day. Netflix and xbox live is all I use for tv as well. Nothing like hanging out on the couch watching a movie with my girl.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Can't play Skyrim or BF3?

Oh well, if you couldn't play games that were actually good and not totally overhyped crap I'd have a little sympathy.

Kidding, I do have sympathy but those are still bad games. Can't be a problem in a wider sense because this is the first I've heard someone having an issue with yesterday's system update.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Can't play Skyrim or BF3?

Oh well, if you couldn't play games that were actually good and not totally overhyped crap I'd have a little sympathy.

Kidding, I do have sympathy but those are still bad games. Can't be a problem in a wider sense because this is the first I've heard someone having an issue with yesterday's system update.

Yup thats what they said too, they kept trying to lame blame on me. They accused me of deleting my own profile. I had to basically scream no i did not.

Im serious 4 hours, finally i got transferred to a supervisor who said they should have escalated the call hours ago. Meaning they should have got someone who knows what their doing, freaking idiots.

Now i have a new problem played the campaign on BF3 and now it wont save nothing. Freaking great.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

found a glitch in this so called game of life

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So my friends i have a new update lol, after all the B.S. i went through. I was really P.O'd of course. I finally came to terms and decided to start over in skyrim and bf3 and just play the freaking campaigns.

Just to find out my 250 gig hard drive is fried or i just cant access it. Which means i cant play the campaign mode on any of my games because my xbox is saying i dont have a hard drive now.

Lol why xbox why! I guess im going to go paint something now!

new topics

top topics

join