It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN team has 'serious concerns' about Iran's nuclear program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

UN team has 'serious concerns' about Iran's nuclear program

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

The U.N. nuclear agency says Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last four months, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic Republic could produce an atomic bomb.

Friday's report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also said Iran had failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats have said the missing amount could be used for experiments used to arm a warhead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-2-2012 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This isn't going to help ease tensions with reports like this coming from the IAEA. Lets hope no one jumps the gun, but I wouldn't be surprised if this situation keeps getting worse. Especially when news like this keeps coming out to support some kind of conflict, physical or economic. It doesn't look like this situation will go away anytime soon.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
More propaganda without substance. Exactly like Iraq, there will a lot more people dead with this if we do not remove the traitors within our government.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
makes one wonder if any of the I.A.E.A inspectors aren't getting a little on the side...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
More propaganda without substance. Exactly like Iraq, there will a lot more people dead with this if we do not remove the traitors within our government.

What about it is propoganda, Mr. Phyisist?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Man, what would it take for the US to drop the UN like a bad habit and kick their offices out of the country.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
makes one wonder if any of the I.A.E.A inspectors aren't getting a little on the side...

For having "serious concerns"?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

What about it is propoganda, Mr. Phyisist?

i dunno, show me the WMD'S from Iraq and we'll talk, although i realize this wasn't directed at me, i couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

i dunno, show me the WMD'S from Iraq and we'll talk, although i realize this wasn't directed at me, i couldn't resist.

What does that have to do with Iran pursuing nuclear technology?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

War propaganda, to make money and to destabilize the region for the benefit of Israel. Where are the WMDs of Iraq by the way?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

What does that have to do with Iran pursuing nuclear technology?

same inspectors from the same organization, comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nuclear power would dramatically boost Iran's presence in the world. And I don't mean weapons. Who is to say they are not being truthful and want nuclear energy?

Look at Syria. The UN is sitting on their asses while its government has been brutally killing its own people. Hearing people begging for intervention from the UN and what do they do? Send more observers. Yeah observers nowhere near active combat zones are going to stop the useless killings.

I have serious concerns the UN is not doing its job. Countries themselves are not united with the way governments are being run. Let alone uniting nations.

Look at that I have serious concerns too. I'm sure my concern is far worse than this whole Iran business could ever be.

Running governments should be no different than any job any citizen has. If you own a business and your workers weren't doing their jobs, would you continue to let them kill your potential profits, or fire them and hire someone new? Its not that hard if you look at it. Problem is people have let the governments have the reigning authority, hence why nothing changes.
edit on 24-2-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
More spectacles and no pudding. But we have to trust them because they gave credible evidence against Iraq and its WMDs'.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

War propaganda, to make money and to destabilize the region for the benefit of Israel. Where are the WMDs of Iraq by the way?

First off, two separate issues. Lets at least try to stay on topic.

Second, why would the UN try to destabilize Iran to benefit Israel?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Not two separate issues when you have the same countries and organizations, same people, same special interest groups, and same accusations at another muslim country.

It is for the security of israel. This is too complex and a side topic for another thread.
edit on 012929p://2America/ChicagoFri, 24 Feb 2012 13:28:57 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Because the UN only does things for the Security Council, and anything that is, or isn't in their interest is always differed to them for final response.

The United States has a HUGE interest in attacking Iran, both economically ( or so they would like to make you think) and morally.

There is no solid proof of a nuclear weapons program. US intelligence even states there is no Iranian Threat. This is just part of the plan started decades ago to control the Middle East.

It also benefits Israel in a variety of different ways. None of which justify war.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The U.N. nuclear agency says Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last four months, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic Republic could produce an atomic bomb. Friday's report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also said Iran had failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats have said the missing amount could be used for experiments used to arm a warhead.

So this is a confidential report that somehow gets released?
and diplomats have said that missing uranium could be used for experiments to arm warheads.

diplomats? are they experts in nuclear technology or experts in spin?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It is for the security of israel.

That answer is lacking and is a contradiction to your first impression of the article.

More propaganda without substance.

But you stated that they are trying to destabilize Iran to protect Israel. If your assertion is true, then obviously the UN does have some "serious concerns". Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying to protect Israel.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You just dont misplace enriched uranium behind the cookie jar. We need to be carful to not go off topic, we need to focus on the consequences of unsatisfactory information or lack their of with regards to the Energy commissions report....
edit on 24-2-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What if they are? I mean look at it, if you were a little country and had the worlds super powers and half the globe trying to bully you and breathing down your neck wouldn't you vamp up your ability to defend yourself or create a deterrent? Too bad people wont see it that way and get all scared like little school girls.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join