It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Suggestion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just finished reading the thread on refining Gold at home and deeply enjoyed the one on Silver. While reading the Gold thread, something hit me though. If I hadn't been on while that topic was either in the Fire Hose display or new topics, I could easily have missed one of the better threads ATS has had in recent times. How many more lurk down deep in the forums and archives? How many others are lost to sheer volume but might change my life in a positive way by learning what is there to be seen?

So here is my suggestion. We need a new forum around here. We need a forum whose only purpose is the collection of what I may call 'Super-Threads'. By that, I mean those threads which cover topics or impart knowledge that make them truly timeless in nature. Presidents may come and go... Wars may start and end....Even entire nations can rise, fall or end all together. Those threads on Silver and Gold will STILL be as valuable then as they are today or would have been years ago.

I wouldn't necessarily leave such a forum open for anyone to START new threads, although contributing to existing ones is important in adding value. No, I would suggest that the threads which find their way to such a special place among all the others reach that point by consensus or review of some kind.... Member voting seems too fickle and easy to warp the purpose here..and I'm not sure how to accomplish THAT side of things to end up with a forum carrying the best of the 'Timeless' category of contributions.

What does everyone think in general though? It just seems an idea whose time has come..and then some.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So here is my suggestion. We need a new forum around here. We need a forum whose only purpose is the collection of what I may call 'Super-Threads'. By that, I mean those threads which cover topics or impart knowledge that make them truly timeless in nature.

awesome idea!

and i'm all for it!

I DID miss the gold thread so maybe you got a link for me?

Maybe it's even possible to add an extra button to a thread?

beside the normal flag button, if you deem a thread worthy of that (hypothetical) extra forum, maybe a 'superthread' button could be installed?

LOL if anyone got that and might put that into more sensible words, please be my guest

but GREAT idea though!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What a neat idea!

2nd.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

It's at the top of the Newest Flags list at the moment, but who knows for how long.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is the link. Particularly since it features as a main point of my suggestion, I should have posted it in the OP. I didn't expect that thread to roll quite so fast though.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Nice idea..

I would like to see Fusion research in there.

Polywell Fusor.

JET.

ITER.

Z-Machine.

Cosmic..

new topics

top topics

join