Men (Masculinity) Dangerous to Society?

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by Starchild23
 


star child, perhaps in your dualism view you have confused yourself.

In your posts you repeatedly detail you will not treat women like "dolls" whatever that means , and treat them equally... 0_o

Yet when a woman presents an idea to you, that you don't like - specifically based from statics and depraved acts, you not only insult and attack her -but are much more gentile to the men you are responding to.

So much so , you have started soley responding to them with me as a third person...

pot meet kettle. kettle - pot?

Masculinity cultivation anyone?


That is because, as much as I like the Divine Duality, I don't appreciate either gender glorifying itself or undermining the other. It appeared to me that you were doing such.

Also, in the interest of Divine Duality, I introduced the feminine topic as well, not wanting to make it all about the media masculinity conspiracy. Why not have fun with both genders?


Simple enough?




posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Will someone here please address the physiological differences between men and women that lead to men being more physically aggressive and metaphysically decisive?



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by pilot70
 


I like how we divide Human qualities and traits into the masculine kind, and the feminine kind. This is exactly the point of the post to show how we divide these HUMAN qualities up, and is why most men seem to be lacking becuase they don't want to be feminine, when in reality they're human.


Alright. So tell me...why is masculinity at fault here? And this is the very core issue that gets my dander up.

MASCULINITY IS NOT THE SOLE FAULT!

As long as we're playing the "point the finger" game, I'm sure there's something both men AND women are doing wrong. So let's drag all of these issues out into the open...for both the man and the woman.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff
Will someone here please address the physiological differences between men and women that lead to men being more physically aggressive and metaphysically decisive?


Easy. Left-brain activity, along with a certain balance of the chakras. This can be chemically manipulated...

...

OH GOD! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by pilot70
 


I like how we divide Human qualities and traits into the masculine kind, and the feminine kind. This is exactly the point of the post to show how we divide these HUMAN qualities up, and is why most men seem to be lacking becuase they don't want to be feminine, when in reality they're human.


There need to be a balance .... masculine values shall rule the large units where logic and rationality matters in the fight with nature ...

Feminine values have the say in the close values where nurturing of the offspring is important ....

We mixed it all up and will loose .... against other parts of humanity on the large scale because we are to feminine on the big scales ... and on the small scale with our own offspring because we are not feminine enough, and get weak offspring.

We countered the million year old order of nature and we will surely pay.

Nature is not a cuddly bear cub ... it is a harsh environment where you obey the rules or get wiped out ...

Sometimes the wipeout can take three or five generations but it will come if we misapply the talents of the genders ... genders are much older than 3 generations ... and they exists for a reason, and we choose to ignore them ... the punishment WILL follow
edit on 24-2-2012 by pilot70 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've always thought the characteristics of the sexes compliments the other quite well.

Studies have shown that a large percentage of men in prison have unusually high levels of testosterone, and some them have an extra "Y" chromosome.

But's that's something else. I like men. I'm glad we have them.
edit on 2/24/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pilot70
 


I'll never forget while helping to facilitate an afterschool program a little boy was coloring with a pink crayon.

Another little boy yelled at him that his father said that pink was a "girl color". The little boy, unaware of his offense, quickly threw down the pink crayon and hastily started coloring over it in red.

I think it was strawberries he was coloring , which we can all say is not unusual to see a pink strawberry.

How can we continue to tell children they can be anything they want yet bait then into what colors NOT to use in their crayon box.

This is not masculinity.

But it is the culuture that is creating a huge disjointment of reality within men.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by pilot70
 


I'll never forget while helping to facilitate an afterschool program a little boy was coloring with a pink crayon.

Another little boy yelled at him that his father said that pink was a "girl color". The little boy, unaware of his offense, quickly threw down the pink crayon and hastily started coloring over it in red.

I think it was strawberries he was coloring , which we can all say is not unusual to see a pink strawberry.

How can we continue to tell children they can be anything they want yet bait then into what colors NOT to use in their crayon box.

This is not masculinity.

But it is the culuture that is creating a huge disjointment of reality within men.



And within women. I cannot emphasize the feeling of being under a judgmental microscope I get from this thread. You may want to tone it down or share the interrogation spotlight with the females, because men aren't the only ones being programmed.

Also...I'm pretty sure I've only seen red strawberries in cartoons...and I mention cartoons because those are the only things with strawberries in something other than realism.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
I've always thought the characteristics of the sexes compliments the other quite well.

Studies have shown that a large percentage of men in prison have unusually high levels of testosterone, and some them have an extra "Y" gene.

But's that's something else. I like men. I'm glad we have them.


Why thank you. I'm glad we have women too. Imagine how boring it would be without the feminine aspects hanging around...teenagers would be doomed...



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by femalepharoe
reply to post by pilot70
 


I'll never forget while helping to facilitate an afterschool program a little boy was coloring with a pink crayon.

Another little boy yelled at him that his father said that pink was a "girl color". The little boy, unaware of his offense, quickly threw down the pink crayon and hastily started coloring over it in red.

I think it was strawberries he was coloring , which we can all say is not unusual to see a pink strawberry.

How can we continue to tell children they can be anything they want yet bait then into what colors NOT to use in their crayon box.

This is not masculinity.

But it is the culuture that is creating a huge disjointment of reality within men.



And within women. I cannot emphasize the feeling of being under a judgmental microscope I get from this thread. You may want to tone it down or share the interrogation spotlight with the females, because men aren't the only ones being programmed.

Also...I'm pretty sure I've only seen red strawberries in cartoons...and I mention cartoons because those are the only things with strawberries in something other than realism.


my dear starchild.

This is my thread.


It is based on a thought that was spawned by recent crimes in the spotlight committed by men, and a documentary made by very brave masculine men (that you didn't google)

If you would like to talk about women's programming - which is indeed a factor in the world we live in. Start a thread lovely face, I'll respond.


But its counter productive to keep going tit for tat because you refuse to look in the mirror before pointing the finger.


;-)
edit on 24-2-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
And another thing. If you really want to talk about this "masculinity paradigm" crap...

I have noticed that while females want to have the same rights as men, they still prefer to be treated like china. In other words, they want to choose whether to be responsible or not, and interchange it day to day. They want to live the heavenly life, while men have no choice but to slave away.

IT amuses them, it relaxes them, it pleases them, whatever.

No. No, no, and NO! You don't get it both ways. If we work, you work. If you play, we can play too. If you want to go out and buy a new pair of shoes every weekend, we can go and splurge at the bar every friday and saturday. We are not your personal slaves, and you are not goddesses who can choose the schedule fate gives you.

You are not special. You are human, just like all of us. Live life like the rest of us, with its ups and downs. Stop playing mental games, and stop seeing problems where there are none. Stop picking fights to take out your frustrations, and start realizing the guy you're dating is a douche, and that man who's been your best friend for years is secretly in love with you.

You pretend you know everything, you get insulted when someone implies you don't...get with the program: YOU ARE HUMAN.

Start acting like it, and stop playing, "Little Miss Gift to the World." You are not perfect, and neither is your life. Accept it. And here's my little confession: sometimes, I think women act the way they do because they are the most insecure of them all. They feel the need to doll up and play games and do whatever...because they are lost and insecure.

Maybe if they stopped pretending to be helpless females, they might not be insecure, and then we'd all be happy HUMANS. Female =/= Insecure. Stop acting like it does. If you wanted to rule the world, you could, just like any man. Don't act weak, don't act coy, don't be anything except a strong woman, because no woman is incapable. Look at Stephen Hawking! He's a man, and he's crippled, and he's a freakin' genius! Now you're a healthy woman, full of life and vigor, and you can't do as well as he has? Bull#!

Stop playing at being the damsel in distress. Stop playing at being high and mighty. Just...BE. Be yourself. Be strong. Be human.

I'm finished here...I'll leave it to the other men to get their points across. I just thought if someone was going to start a feminism thread, I would interject some masculinity in the interest of equality.




Namaste.
edit on CFridaypm070700f00America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)
edit on CFridaypm525204f04America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I miss the days when men were men, women were women, and anything in between stayed in their closets! It's no wonder kids heads are getting screwed up, what with all the crap taught them in school. Kids starting school have enough to learn with their ABCs and math etc, without having to be exposed to lessons about homosexuality and other perversions. Let children be children, and if they are to be taught anything about sex, let it be done at home when their parents or guardians deem them old enough to know.
Men are no more dangerous to society than are women, and it's my personal opinion that any danger to society comes from those women who are always stomping on anything to do with men, yet at the same time want society to treat them as if they themselves are men! Those bra burning lesbians of the 1960's must be proud of what they've done to society! Huh!



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry first time posting, but Starchild you should have stopped as soon as you said that we are all "HUMAN" and people continue to argue that A is better than A =P



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn
 


lolol.

is this satire ??

because it was truly hilarious.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I will not stop, because if this thread were about women, you canbe they would all be flocking to defend themselves. I will be no different.

Let's share attention on both sides of the line, considering your title says "Men dangerous to society?" This, in and of itself, implies that women are free of blame.

If you stood for equality, you would have made it clear straight off of the bat. As for me not looking in the mirror...well, the feminine hand in this whole debate (as in, the feminine responsibility) is mysteriously absent. Where's YOUR mirror?


We wouldn't want to forget Clyde's famous sidekick, Bonnie, would we?

In for an egg, in for the chicken.
edit on CFridaypm373745f45America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


The men alive today are descendants of the strongest, fiercest and most driven of their species. For about 3 millions years, man has been the one that needed to be all of that, to provide for his pack, his group, his family. All of the genes necessary for survival in a hostile environment are still with him.

Over the past few thousand years (a blip on the timeline), these traits have become less necessary, as our society changed from hunter-gatherers to corporate office workers. It could be said that these traits are not just unnecessary, but they are almost a disadvantage.

The unnatural way in which we live (which we have fully engineered) has contributed to making our men behave in (as the British wound say) very "anti-social" ways. Because the man has the urge to fight, to hunt, to devour, to control and modern man hasn't yet figured out how to channel those urges...

It all happened so fast.

That's my husband's theory, anyway... And he's pretty smart.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm
 


No, but thinking of feminine as weak and masculine as strong IS the real problem.
Both are equal, and it doesn't depend on your sex.

That is why I also mentioned the rise on androgynous people and a balance in everyone that must be achieved.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff
 


The men alive today are descendants of the strongest, fiercest and most driven of their species. For about 3 millions years, man has been the one that needed to be all of that, to provide for his pack, his group, his family. All of the genes necessary for survival in a hostile environment are still with him.

Over the past few thousand years (a blip on the timeline), these traits have become less necessary, as our society changed from hunter-gatherers to corporate office workers. It could be said that these traits are not just unnecessary, but they are almost a disadvantage.

The unnatural way in which we live (which we have fully engineered) has contributed to making our men behave in (as the British wound say) very "anti-social" ways. Because the man has the urge to fight, to hunt, to devour, to control and modern man hasn't yet figured out how to channel those urges...

It all happened so fast.

That's my husband's theory, anyway... And he's pretty smart.


That's what I've been saying. My thread on this topic ( What's Wrong With Us ) describes how our animal side has lead our intelligence to be the tool of our instincts, rather than the instincts be the tool of our intellect.

We are wolves with guns now.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evansr
reply to post by andersensrm
 


No, but thinking of feminine as weak and masculine as strong IS the real problem.
Both are equal, and it doesn't depend on your sex.

That is why I also mentioned the rise on androgynous people and a balance in everyone that must be achieved.


Why do you think sex is divine?

It is the merging of the two sides, the entire coin...it is the experience of the unity within duality, of the culmination of the divine.



posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think 'girl logic' is a REAL risk to society...


Sorry, Couldn't resist.

OP, Of the statistics you mentioned how do they rate as an overall percentage of the human race as a whole? I think it's probably a very small proportion. Also women are just as capable of doing all the criminal activities you listed. I grant you, their a small proportion of the total.





top topics
 
7
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join