It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men (Masculinity) Dangerous to Society?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

At present, women make 75 cents to the dollar in comparison to men. Class wise, women have no social power over men - and thus can not be sexist.

They are women, and therefore exempt. This is how they view themselves. No wrong, no responsibility. Men will always take care of them, and they will always ride men (no pun intended).

I rest my case.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

well, Starchild, I think the real issue is as I had stated. Men are emotional,but it comes out more often than not in a retaliatative format. It is always a competition of some sort.
I do not think you are abnormal, by what is our unfortuanate normal, you are the norm.
I think that men are way more emotional than they feel is the normal to let out. And when the emotions to submerge, it many times, not always, comes out sounding angry and with demeaning tones.
I don't think i twould be a bad idea for there to classes in elementary that separate the males and females to teach a different way to think, react, feel, communicate, and so on. It would be a nice test to experiment with.
But, women have issues too, of course. I think that too is stemmed from emotion, don't you?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

I can agree with those that have called you sexist as you most certainly are however no one seems to see wherein the real problem lies.

It is not masculinity in and of itself or femininity but the extreme of either and lack of any of the other.

Women who are extremely feminine and have no masculinity are unbalanced tend to expect men to serve them and are usually the ones who do depraved things though in a woman's world it rarely is raping or molesting anyone as it is far to easy to satisfy their sexual desires by merely going around "whoring it out". It only takes enough time at a bar and even the most unattractive woman can find a lay every night of the week. This same overly feminine state creates the nanny types that will not mind their own business and try to take care of everyone and tell them all what to do. That is a woman's violent side, controlling others through manipulation or nagging.

On the other hand men with too much masculinity are the ones who tend to fight, want wars, and even rape or molest especially if they are unnattractive while still being "manly". A man whom is not "in touch with his feminine"certainly fits your lump sum of men as you have posted.

The truth is there must be a balance a Yin and yang. No a man doesn't have to like flowers or what not or reduce his manliness to "pansy" status or even to the degree that he might be suspected as a flamboyant homosexual. However he should have just enough femininity to understand the female side and use some degree of emotion in his decisions and judgement. To not have this is to be a purely brutish being which in a lack of logic only leaves a depraved individual whom will do whatever they want merely to satisfy themselves. I do admit our overly masculine society without enough of the feminine has led humanity to act in such a way and the lack of compassion in the world due to this is appalling.

Just the same to the feminine they need not be "butch" but to have a bit of masculinity to look out for ones self and to not be controlling and overly emotional. To use some logic is the well balanced female. Without it as previously stated you get a busy body whore. also parts of society have become too much of the feminine. Our laws reflect this as we have many that state what I may or may not do in my home that is no ones business but my own.

If we could but trade a little and have a bit more masculinity in the laws and a bit more feminism in our military and monetary policies I believe we would see a much more progressive balanced and all around healthier society emerge.

By the way I am a heterosexual Man and I find myself to be quite well balanced.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo

well, Starchild, I think the real issue is as I had stated. Men are emotional,but it comes out more often than not in a retaliatative format. It is always a competition of some sort.
I do not think you are abnormal, by what is our unfortuanate normal, you are the norm.
I think that men are way more emotional than they feel is the normal to let out. And when the emotions to submerge, it many times, not always, comes out sounding angry and with demeaning tones.
I don't think i twould be a bad idea for there to classes in elementary that separate the males and females to teach a different way to think, react, feel, communicate, and so on. It would be a nice test to experiment with.
But, women have issues too, of course. I think that too is stemmed from emotion, don't you?

I was never the norm. I am abnormal. In fact, me and a friend of mine have a standing joke: "Normal...the other N word."

I have, I believe, a deeper understanding and appreciation of Divine Duality than most people I hang around. They may say they do...but they just don't realize how much more there is to it.

No, I am not what I would call a typical male. I may act like it, but what my mind thinks and my body does are two very different things. Sometimes, I do or say things just to play around. It's a game to me...I am bored by this world, and these things amuse me.

It is because of all these things in my head that I am frustrated when women pretend that they can "do away" with men (and yes, I have heard, on several occasions, my female acquaintances making jokes about it) and just having sperm banks. Do you have any clue how degrading that is? To overhear your gender being referred to as a commodity that has become obsolete?

And you wonder why it irritates me to see women acting godly, like they are better than the rest of us. And as soon as something goes wrong, they hand the majority of the blame to the men (just like this thread), like a child handing the sibling the bat after accidentally smashing mom's vase.

No, I have no tolerance for this sort of thing. You have the same number of legs, arms, and heads; you have the same number of braincells, the same approximate height, and with age, you become just as ugly. You were born crying, you will die feeble. There is no difference.

I want women to accept men as their equals instead of treating us like toys. That's what I want. But that's not what I keep seeing.

Is this such a bad thing? Am I really asking so much?

Battle of the Sexes is a board game...not reality. Let's keep it that way. And women, it's a two way road. Always has been. Just because you're now being treated as humans (and I'm glad for that) doesn't mean you take up guns and march on the Isle of Men. That's childish, irresponsible, and a thoroughly repugnant way of carrying yourself.

Is this how you want to make your mark in your first century of true freedom?

Namaste
edit on CSaturdaypm080827f27America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

So you suggest we teach children that we are fundamentally different? That will inevitably lead to studies suggesting that one gender is better than the other. That always happens.

Where does that leave us?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

would it be too abrasive of me to say that I see you were emotionally scarred at an impressionable age by a female? If so, my apologies, I will say no more of what I see. It is not my business or place.
It is just another day. I will silence my voice once again, for the males.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

would it be too abrasive of me to say that I see you were emotionally scarred at an impressionable age by a female? If so, my apologies, I will say no more of what I see. It is not my business or place.

oh snap

Yes, that was extremely aggressive, so see, women can be just as competitive as men.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Would it be too abrasive of me to speculate that you are a female that is wounded by this thread and it's fatal accuracy? If so, my apologies. I will - no, to heck with that.

I'll continue to spout the truth until it is heard.

And by the way, my past has no relevance to my present. Nice shot in the dark, though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No, I have no tolerance for this sort of thing. You have the same number of legs, arms, and heads; you have the same number of braincells, the same approximate height, and with age, you become just as ugly. You were born crying, you will die feeble. There is no difference.

I want women to accept men as their equals instead of treating us like toys. That's what I want. But that's not what I keep seeing.

Is this such a bad thing? Am I really asking so much?

I thought Battle of the Sexes was a board game...not reality. And no, it doesn't have to be.

There is a difference between men, and women, and I think the world would be better off if we accepted that, and embraced those differences instead of living in a politically correct grey world.

I enjoy, and embrace the differences between men and women. That is why I'm engaged to a women, who is the opposite sex as me. We both agree that there are differences, and have no problem with our children growing up knowing about those differences, and accepting them.

I don't want to live in a world where everyone is exactly the same, perfectly equal because people get so upset over anything anyone could possibly say to them about anything.

Perhaps people should stop being so insecure, and have more confidence, and acceptance of themselves instead of trying to force "society" to mold inn something that could never possibly offend them ever.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I like how you blindly ingorned his question just to try to personally attack him.

Can you explain how it's acceptable to make accusations of people that are either a) False, in which case it doesn't matter that you said it or b) True, but since you followed it by an apology that you were correct, and such a skillful guesser, that makes it ok?

Back to his original question you made the suggestion that males, and females be educated differently. He pointed out that would lead to studies suggesting that one gender is superior to another, and thus are not equal. Can you explain away the contradiction that would occur if the studies showed that males were superior to females? Since you would be forced to change your argument, or recant and agree that males are actually superior. Starchild was looking for an answer to that....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

Thank you. I'm glad to see that some do view these matters with one eye open.

edit on CSaturdaypm272755f55America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Nine year old girl dies after being forced to run for three hours

Authorities say 9-year-old Savannah Hardin died after being forced to run for three hours as punishment for lying to her grandmother about eating candy bars.

Severely dehydrated, the girl had a seizure and died days later.

Now, her grandmother and stepmother face murder charges.

The Telegraph

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

While you are at it, could you also try to be less passive aggressive?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
OP seems to want equality among the sexes and genders until the equality no longer suits her.

That's exactly how most of feminists are.
They want the same positive things men have while keeping all the feminine advantages.

Pretty girls should have the opportunity to live in a man's body for a month and see if it's that easy to get what they want.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xieon
Back to his original question you made the suggestion that males, and females be educated differently. He pointed out that would lead to studies suggesting that one gender is superior to another, and thus are not equal. Can you explain away the contradiction that would occur if the studies showed that males were superior to females?

Why must "different" be superior?

Generally, men and women have different forces and weakness but none is superior only different.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by Furbs
OP seems to want equality among the sexes and genders until the equality no longer suits her.

That's exactly how most of feminists are.
They want the same positive things men have while keeping all the feminine advantages.

Pretty girls should have the opportunity to live in a man's body for a month and see if it's that easy to get what they want.

Exactly what I've been saying. Star for you.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by Xieon
Back to his original question you made the suggestion that males, and females be educated differently. He pointed out that would lead to studies suggesting that one gender is superior to another, and thus are not equal. Can you explain away the contradiction that would occur if the studies showed that males were superior to females?

Why must "different" be superior?

Generally, men and women have different forces and weakness but none is superior only different.

I'm not saying that different is, or has to be, superior. I am only personally saying that I believe men, and women are different, and those differences should be acknolwedged, and embraced.

In the message you quoted I was referring to Starchild asking a question about what would happen if people discovered that men are actually superior. Would feminists change their argument to something else, or would they accept the fact that men are greater, and the sexes are not equal. The question I believe was asked to make the other poster take a look at themselves.

I think it worked because the poster of which he asked the question didn't answer. Instead responded with a passive aggressive post. So in my post I was pointing out that the poster ignored the question. I'm not stating that the question has any validity, or do I believe there is any basis for an argument that one sex is superior to the other, based on any differences being greater.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Would feminists change their argument to something else, or would they accept the fact that men are greater, and the sexes are not equal.

There is no fact in this, and I would make my opinion on that clear. Very succinct summary, however. I appreciate your clarification.

Sometimes, it is not the conclusion that raises controversy and starts wars, but the question itself. Fear of the question can cause more trouble than the damnation of the answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
...kinda think that as soon as we start saying "Men are....." and "Women are...." we're already starting to wander off down a road to nowhere...

Apart from some genetic make up and a different set if *bits* there's potentially bugger all difference on any given day.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...kinda think that as soon as we start saying "Men are....." and "Women are...." we're already starting to wander off down a road to nowhere...

Apart from some genetic make up and a different set if *bits* there's potentially bugger all difference on any given day.

I think it could be managed without too much drama. There's such a thing as "extreme diplomacy", but I thought we'd bypassed that stage when trolls were invented.

Trolls are the best way to make any truth sound like rotting, stinking, absolute #.

edit on CSaturdaypm373725f25America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join