Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mormon's Belief and Practice of Wearing Protective (Magical) Underwear: What!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Bro/sister it's like this. Believing objects have magical properties for protection or to give luck or fortune is paganism, which Mormonism is pagan. Another anti-christian cult painted up to look like the real deal, just like catholicism and their magical water and magic prayer beads. All that stuff is, is just a crutch and superstitous sorcerous garbage.

True christianity needs to shine through, and how we do this is by returning to our roots, our first and second century roots that Jesus established and not these pagan knock offs that are dolled up to look like christianity but truly are not.

I am offended by this. Paganism and wicca have both been given a bad rap by the Church, the very organization that teaches not to judge.

In fact, the extreme hypocrisy displayed by the Church in both judging other faiths that do no harm, and being prideful and arrogant enough to say that Christianity (or whatever religion) is the ONLY path to salvation.

My religion (if I can even call it that) is love. Love everyone, and you will see no need to sin. A lot of these things that are called sinful are absolute tripe. Half of the "sinful" things in the Bible are perfectly natural. And a lot of the things that are approved in the Bible are absent of love, and would be considered by many religious people to be malicious, rather than constructive.

There's a laundry list of hypocrisy to be had concerning the activities and history of the Church, but I wont name all of it. Suffice it to say that Christianity has done more harm and evil than many of the faiths it has demonized.

So, in simple terms...practice what you preach, people of the so-called "faith". It's been too long since you actually deserved to be called Christians, or to even serve your supposed "God".

Shame on you for exalting your hypocritical religion, let alone imposing it upon innocent, healthy nations.

LOVE is a good thing...and yes we should love ! God is love but he also hates sin. HE LOVES the sinner but hates the sin. Big difference. So when I point out a dislike or something I think is wrong, it isn''t towards the person per se.... it's towards the belief system! If only folks could see this.

I agree that many so-called Christians have done more harm than good...and many Christians that are too stern or forceful can and have turned many away from the faith. Tis sad. God's wisdom is needed in these situations as to how one should witness or etc.

No, we as Christians , are not to judge. But at the same time the written word of God has given us standards to live by and thus we judge accordingly.

You can't go wrong with lOVE - for sure! But I have found that the Love of Jesus, my Savior is far better than rubbies or gold.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

oh do tell us more about the book of mormon, a book u clearly have never read

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

but peter, james, and john appeared to joseph smith and oliver cowdery to restore the Melchizedek Priesthood which has been passed down by the LDS church ever since

www.lightplanet.com...

so what say you?
edit on 26-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

I say it's lies. No apostle has been seen since their deaths. Those that claim they have are lying. I suspect anyone of lies when certain apostles appear to only 1 or 2 people. You can go chasing ghosts if you wish but i'm going to keep my eyes on Jesus and not go running off after dead men. The Apostles are still dead and in the ground, they will not be raised until Resurrection Day Joseph Smith cannot have seen them. he is a false prophet. It takes a prophet to confirm a prophet, and no prophet confirmed Smith. The last prophet was Jesus the Messiah, the Melchizidek.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Oh, and yeah, I have a prob with catholics too.
just thought I should mention it .
Catholics confess to a mere man and think that this man can forgive them of their sins.
NOT!
People with faith can talk to God the Father for themselves...Jesus is the mediator!
What another farce that organized so-called religion is.... It has masses deceived.

Oh but we were discussing Mormons , weren't we?
It bothers me that there are so many groups that are destroying real Christianity.
edit on 26-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

oh do tell us more about the book of mormon, a book u clearly have never read

Dude, you are a mormon and have no need of me telling you the contents.

Besides I can't, I BURNED mine- that was given to me by one of your group.

I did read it btw, and it goes against MY Bible. So no thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

rule #14 applies here

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Do you have tunnel vision?

When it comes to FAITH, I guess you could rightly say so.
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I did answer your question about who wears garments. But your selective reading didn't see it.

It wasn't real clear to me. So this makes sense to me that if they want to go further in the 'faith' one MUST chOOSE to wear them, correct? Otherwise you can go no further?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
this needs sauce

Originally posted by SeekerLou

edit on 26-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

needs sauce

I'd steer away from that Tabasco if I were you.
That stuff burns.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

My religion (if I can even call it that) is love. Love everyone, and you will see no need to sin. A lot of these things that are called sinful are absolute tripe. Half of the "sinful" things in the Bible are perfectly natural. And a lot of the things that are approved in the Bible are absent of love, and would be considered by many religious people to be malicious, rather than constructive.

You are trying to argue apples and oranges. Naturally we are not going to see eye to eye with people who have different beliefs.

Jesus came bearing the sword of truth to cleave the wicked from the righteous. He came teaching people how to love their enemies and their neighbors and how you do this is by keeping his commands which he preached largely about the 10 commandments, he came teaching forgiveness, for by being able to forgive someone who tresspasses against you and offends you, you remove yourself from being their judge. Those who can forgive will have forgiveness.

You see christianity as being malicious because we disagree with you about your beliefs. If we offend you i apologize, it is impossible to avoid conflict on websites like this because people have varying opinions and beliefs. It is what it is, but this is between mormons and christians, this has nothing to do with you at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

LOVE is a good thing...and yes we should love ! God is love but he also hates sin. HE LOVES the sinner but hates the sin. Big difference. So when I point out a dislike or something I think is wrong, it isn''t towards the person per se.... it's towards the belief system! If only folks could see this.

I agree that many so-called Christians have done more harm than good...and many Christians that are too stern or forceful can and have turned many away from the faith. Tis sad. God's wisdom is needed in these situations as to how one should witness or etc.

No, we as Christians , are not to judge. But at the same time the written word of God has given us standards to live by and thus we judge accordingly.

You can't go wrong with lOVE - for sure! But I have found that the Love of Jesus, my Savior is far better than rubbies or gold.

I'm surprised you aren't eating grass with that sheeple mentality.

God is incapable of hate. Along with defining our creator through human concepts, you have given our creator human characteristics, when our creator isn't human at all.

In an attempt to understand our creator, man has mistakenly created a completely new one...and you have bought into it completely, with cash and no warranty. Faith without reason is worse than cold-hearted logic.

Have fun with that...I understand ignorance is bliss. You certainly seem to be enjoying it.
edit on CSundaypm595940f40America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have to ask where you get your info on God and all, that He is incapable of hating sin....just because you FEEL this way. But to ea his own belief and choice.
I for one thank Him for His mercy and grace - for giving me the eyes to see that His written Word is just and true.

Ah, but God's Word was given unto us in completion! but the Mormon's do not think so. It wasn't enough!

I would suggest that you write you a book , like Smith did. But this would be wrong advice.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I'm surprised you aren't eating grass with that sheeple mentality.

God is incapable of hate. Along with defining our creator through human concepts, you have given our creator human characteristics, when our creator isn't human at all.

In an attempt to understand our creator, man has mistakenly created a completely new one...and you have bought into it completely, with cash and no warranty. Faith without reason is worse than cold-hearted logic.

Have fun with that...I understand ignorance is bliss. You certainly seem to be enjoying it.
edit on CSundaypm595940f40America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

You clearly never read the bible. Think Yahweh doesn't hate? Go read the first 5 books of the bible. We call it the Penteteuch, but its the same as the jewish Torah. Then skip ahead and read Revelation. If you think Yahweh is all loving you're in for a rude awakening. All loving gods tolerate sin and wickedness, and he will not. Yahweh destroys sin in his presence.

For one claiming to know alot about love you do not seem that great at practicing it, to go around calling people ignorant who do not share your beliefs. I believe the word for what you're doing is...hypocrisy. It's not faith if you use reason. When you use your own reasoning, you are doing things your way, not God's way. Eve's reasoning was what caused the original sin, when she was told not to so much as touch the tree of knowledge muchless partake of it.

You who advocates knowledge, what good is having all that knowledge if you do not have the wisdom to use it wisely and correctly? The world is full of fools like that. Youre using your knowledge and reasoning like a fool, getting angry at people who refuse to share your beliefs and making derogatory comments about other peoples' intelligence. Hypocrit.
edit on 26-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This just ''dawned'' on me:
If these folk had the Holy Ghost residing in them, they would have no need for sacred garment reminders.

The Holy Ghost helps and teaches believers --and brings thing to remembrance!!

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If these folk had the Holy Ghost residing in them, they would have no need for sacred garment reminders.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I just dug this up out of the Epistle of James:

James 5:19 19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

As to those people who get onto us for trying to correct wayward mormons and other brothers and sisters, we are only doing our jobs.

I was actually digging through James to help someone else who asked a question and found this

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Pro Fundamental Christian - - - anti-Mormon.

Finding fault with something you don't agree with and using distorted information to judge.

Intentionally selecting that which is negative to the "Mormon" belief.

Tell Christians to stop wearing a cross - - since they don't need a reminder. Mormon's (even though they are Christian) do not wear a cross - - because they believe in a living Christ. They choose to focus on the positive of a living Christ. Not the physical death of Christ.

I was raised Christian. I searched other believes over a long period. At least I can talk honestly about both Christian and Mormon.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It wasn't real clear to me. So this makes sense to me that if they want to go further in the 'faith' one MUST chOOSE to wear them, correct? Otherwise you can go no further?

Nice of you to put a negative slant on your interpretation.

By intent I'm sure.

It's actually quite clear.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Tell Christians to stop wearing a cross - - since they don't need a reminder. Mormon's (even though they are Christian) do not wear a cross - - because they believe in a living Christ. They choose to focus on the positive of a living Christ. Not the physical death of Christ.

I was raised Christian. I searched other believes over a long period. At least I can talk honestly about both Christian and Mormon.

Ummm...Not sure what Christian upbringing you've had but wearing a cross is only considered an outward show /profession of one's faith. Of course, He is RISEN! who focuses on this as a reminder or focuses on His being dead ? That's ridiculous.

The wearing of a cross is not for a reminder but an outward show of faith in WHO they believe !
, don't know where you got that.
And btw it is not mandated to wear a cross to be more Christ-like

ETA: Negative slant on a question.
A question is a question! How is there negativity to it? I just wanted an answer.
I gather that I understand the answer then - Appreciate ya

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
--------------
The original true church has always been so there was no NEED to restore anything.

Mormon doctrine is a lie!

And who is the father of lies?
----------
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
------------
Joseph Smith was subjected to approximately thirty criminal actions and at least that many civil suits related to debt collection or failed financial ventures.

www.lightplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If I may but ask just one more question...

Do Mormons have a choice in this wearing of these garments?
If say, I were a Mormon and decided that I did not want to do this 'reminder'' for myself, would I have a choice in the matter or is this a requirement to practice - to be a Mormon?

Just curious.
Thanks in advance!

Seeker, yes, they are required to wear them.

Mormons start wearing their garments once they are endowed and it's recommended they wear them at all times. There is no official mandate to do so, but when interviewing for their Temple Recommend they are asked if they wear them at all times.

If they answer anything unsatisfactorily during the Temple Recommend interview, they may be asked to correct that behavior, repent, and come back at another time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join