It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon's Belief and Practice of Wearing Protective (Magical) Underwear: What!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Hi and thank you once again. It's just too wild for me to get a grip on

I still say if it's not supposed to be magical...I'd just tie a ribbon round the ole finger lol

Appreciate your replies!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I agree. What's the difference between underwear and a ring?

Every time you're about to get it on with someone, you look down and say, "Oh, crud. I forgot. I'm saving myself for divorce"?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I'll go a bit further with that one...
If one is so absent-minded as this, then they need all of the help they can get. Some I'd guess would need even more bells and whistles .(just speaking of some people in general , not saying Mormons, all Mormons or all people, just some!)
edit on 25-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is so much incorrect information regarding The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - - - its often difficult to find real facts.

FACTS: The sacred garments are for those who have qualified to go to temple. Those who CHOOSE to follow and live their life at the highest level of their faith.

Known to some is the fact that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or Mormon Church) wear a special kind of underwear in connection with their religion. This is true of most faithful adult members of the Church. (Mormon children are generally dressed the same as any other children.) The special underwear is called a "garment" by Mormons, and it is directly related to Mormon temples. www.ldschurchtemples.com...

Origins

In 1842, just two months after being initiated into Freemasonry, Joseph Smith introduced the wearing of garments to a select group of men. On Wednesday, May 4th, 1842, Joseph Smith initiated nine men into his new inner-circle called the "Holy Order," the "Quorum," the "Holy Order of the Holy Priesthood," or the "Quorum of the Anointed." This ritual would later come to be known as the LDS temple endowment.

Ceremonial markings on the garment were originally snipped into the cloth as part of the man's washing and anointing ceremony. This helped keep the markings secret from those who had not been through the ritual, including the women who sewed the garments. These marks made during the endowment were much more prominent than the marks in garments today. www.i4m.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if the protective undergraments were borrowed from the Ghost Dancers' "bulletproof" shirts.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
This was just brought to my attention yesterday - that Mormon's wear and believe in protective undergarments.
Dug a bit for truth for I could not believe this. Found it mentioned and confirmed by some here at ATS and I have read it several other places as well.

My question is Why? Where do they get this idea? It's crazy, imo!

I believe in the Holy Bible and not some NEW Mormon testament
And If ANYone is safe , it is only given unto them by the Lord God Himself , the Creator, and not by some magical panties or undergarments. And this is according to God's written word -the Holy Bible.

Pro 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

I just honestly cannot imagine falling for this type of practice.
and wonder why do they do this? How is underwear going to protect anyone?

I will continue trusting in my Lord and Savior for protection....
The stinky underwear just doesn't cut it!

1857massacre.com...
edit on 24-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

Bro/sister it's like this. Believing objects have magical properties for protection or to give luck or fortune is paganism, which Mormonism is pagan. Another anti-christian cult painted up to look like the real deal, just like catholicism and their magical water and magic prayer beads. All that stuff is, is just a crutch and superstitous sorcerous garbage.

True christianity needs to shine through, and how we do this is by returning to our roots, our first and second century roots that Jesus established and not these pagan knock offs that are dolled up to look like christianity but truly are not.
edit on 25-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

May 4th, 1842, Joseph Smith initiated nine men into his new inner-circle called the "Holy Order," the "Quorum," the "Holy Order of the Holy Priesthood," or the "Quorum of the Anointed."

Translation: Joseph Smith initiated 9 men into the Order of Melchizidek which would make him the high priest and replace Jesus. This is as antichrist is it gets. This is blasphemy of the highest order.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

ive been initiated into the melchizedek priesthood does that mean im antichrist?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Annee

May 4th, 1842, Joseph Smith initiated nine men into his new inner-circle called the "Holy Order," the "Quorum," the "Holy Order of the Holy Priesthood," or the "Quorum of the Anointed."

Translation: Joseph Smith initiated 9 men into the Order of Melchizidek which would make him the high priest and replace Jesus. This is as antichrist is it gets. This is blasphemy of the highest order.

No it doesn't.

Again - - incorrect information.

Church name: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. "Mormon's" only savior is Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
True christianity . . . .

Nothing is more annoying in religious discussion - - - then someone claiming "True Christian".

There's something like 3,500 officially registered Christian sects - - not even counting Mormons.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes

ive been initiated into the melchizedek priesthood does that mean im antichrist?

Yes, because there's only one Melchizidek and that is Jesus. Melchizidek is a title, the Most Holy Priest and King. By you saying you are of the Order of Melchizidek you are claiming to be both a King and Priest so your'e saying you are replacing him.

King Jesus, Our High Priest

David had written that the Messiah would be both king and priest just like Melchizedek had been. From Genesis 14:18 we learn that Melchizedek, whose name means King of Righteousness, was both a priest of the Most High God and the King of Salem, a Jebusite city that became known as Jerusalem following Abraham’s interrupted sacrifice of Isaac there. (In honor of the prophecy he was acting out, Abraham symbolically re-named Mount Moriah as Jehovah Jira, which means in the Mount of the Lord it shall be seen. He was referring to a future time when another Father would offer His only Son as a sacrifice for sin. When David conquered the Jebusites he made Jerusalem the capital of Israel, and purchased the land on Mount Moriah where Abraham had stood for the Temple location.)

Never since the founding of Israel had one man been both King and Priest. It was forbidden. Kings came from the tribe of Judah, while priests were descended from Levi. A king who tried to function as a priest earned the Lord’s immediate displeasure, and serves to illustrate the point. Daring to offer incense in the Temple, King Uzziah immediately contracted leprosy and was quarantined till his dying day. (2 Chron. 26:16-21) Some prophets were also priests, Ezekiel and Zechariah for example, and David was a King and a prophet. But no one was ever both King and Priest in Israel.

You can be a king and a prophet but never a king and a priest. King Saul tried it and God gave his throne to David, Uzziah tried it and God cursed him with leperousy and he died. When you are initiated into the order of Melchizidek youre allowing someone to make you a king and a priest.

Let me guess, you joined the Fremasons or Shriners? Yahweh hates secret societies. Whatever youre doing there i would stop doing it and repent and if anyone tries to talk you out of leaving don't let them. You yourself cannot take that title, Melchizidek is only something Yahweh can grant and he gave it to Jesus.

Jesus the Melchizidek
edit on 26-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

but peter, james, and john appeared to joseph smith and oliver cowdery to restore the Melchizedek Priesthood which has been passed down by the LDS church ever since

www.lightplanet.com...

so what say you?
edit on 26-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
There is so much incorrect information regarding The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - - - its often difficult to find real facts.

FACTS: The sacred garments are for those who have qualified to go to temple. Those who CHOOSE to follow and live their life at the highest level of their faith.

Known to some is the fact that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or Mormon Church) wear a special kind of underwear in connection with their religion. This is true of most faithful adult members of the Church. (Mormon children are generally dressed the same as any other children.) The special underwear is called a "garment" by Mormons, and it is directly related to Mormon temples. www.ldschurchtemples.com...

Origins

In 1842, just two months after being initiated into Freemasonry, Joseph Smith introduced the wearing of garments to a select group of men. On Wednesday, May 4th, 1842, Joseph Smith initiated nine men into his new inner-circle called the "Holy Order," the "Quorum," the "Holy Order of the Holy Priesthood," or the "Quorum of the Anointed." This ritual would later come to be known as the LDS temple endowment.

Ceremonial markings on the garment were originally snipped into the cloth as part of the man's washing and anointing ceremony. This helped keep the markings secret from those who had not been through the ritual, including the women who sewed the garments. These marks made during the endowment were much more prominent than the marks in garments today. www.i4m.com...

Ah, so J. Smith and this movement all stemmed from freemasony ?
*lightbulb*
This explains things a little better for me, thank you.

Am assuming everyone MUST wear these garments since no one answered my question. Please correct me if I am wrong on my assumption.
Is this a requirement of this so-called faith or would I have a choice in the matter if I were a Mormon?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Thank you so much for you informative post.
You have a great point & oh how I agree that this isn't right !

Facts Mormon's won't tell you , up front.
www.macgregorministries.org...

ATS has a discussion here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I must say that my uncle was a very intelligent man. He was a Colonel in the US Airforce, was an engineer and very ''brainy'' , he worked on crossword puzzles that were extremely difficult for me. Always thought him intelligent but when it comes down to setting apart underwear (making them sacred) ...I oftime wonder where his thinking brain went on this--and it isn't only about the undergarments . I believe J. Smith was a false prophet!

edit on 26-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So typical. Go with the guy who don't know crap and find a website that tells you what you want to hear.

I was Mormon for only 5 years - - - but the first thing that got my attention was how Non-Mormons thought they knew it all.

You could face-to-face tell a non-Mormon the truth - - and they'd tell you you were wrong.

Its no wonder they stick together.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

*lightbulb*

Am assuming everyone MUST wear these garments since no one answered my question. Please correct me if I am wrong on my assumption.
Is this a requirement of this so-called faith or would I have a choice in the matter if I were a Mormon?

Do you have tunnel vision?

Do you just zero in on one aspect "Freemason" - - - and decide that tells you every thing? It doesn't.

I did answer your question about who wears garments. But your selective reading didn't see it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So typical. Go with the guy who don't know crap and find a website that tells you what you want to hear.

I was Mormon for only 5 years - - - but the first thing that got my attention was how Non-Mormons thought they knew it all.

You could face-to-face tell a non-Mormon the truth - - and they'd tell you you were wrong.

Its no wonder they stick together.

Hi Anne
Have researched a lot of this out for MYself. I take no man's word for anything as fact.
I have been in nearly all ms denominations, and am led to my own conclusions, so don't jump the gun.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has one, right?

I believe the Bible when it says to not add to it or change. The Bible also tells us if any man preaches another gospel - let them be accursed.

You may want to take a look at this.
Christians, in the faith? Evaluate yourselves according to Scripture.

He tells us to examine ourselves to see whether we be in the faith . So this tells me it must be possible for folks to be deceived into thinking all is ok between God and man.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Bro/sister it's like this. Believing objects have magical properties for protection or to give luck or fortune is paganism, which Mormonism is pagan. Another anti-christian cult painted up to look like the real deal, just like catholicism and their magical water and magic prayer beads. All that stuff is, is just a crutch and superstitous sorcerous garbage.

True christianity needs to shine through, and how we do this is by returning to our roots, our first and second century roots that Jesus established and not these pagan knock offs that are dolled up to look like christianity but truly are not.

I am offended by this. Paganism and wicca have both been given a bad rap by the Church, the very organization that teaches not to judge.

In fact, the extreme hypocrisy displayed by the Church in both judging other faiths that do no harm, and being prideful and arrogant enough to say that Christianity (or whatever religion) is the ONLY path to salvation.

My religion (if I can even call it that) is love. Love everyone, and you will see no need to sin. A lot of these things that are called sinful are absolute tripe. Half of the "sinful" things in the Bible are perfectly natural. And a lot of the things that are approved in the Bible are absent of love, and would be considered by many religious people to be malicious, rather than constructive.

There's a laundry list of hypocrisy to be had concerning the activities and history of the Church, but I wont name all of it. Suffice it to say that Christianity has done more harm and evil than many of the faiths it has demonized.

So, in simple terms...practice what you preach, people of the so-called "faith". It's been too long since you actually deserved to be called Christians, or to even serve your supposed "God".

Shame on you for exalting your hypocritical religion, let alone imposing it upon innocent, healthy nations.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

*lightbulb*

Do you have tunnel vision?

Do you just zero in on one aspect "Freemason" - - - and decide that tells you every thing? It doesn't.

I did answer your question about who wears garments. But your selective reading didn't see it.

Such hostility. You wouldn't happen to be a hard-core Catholic, would you?

You could be a little more gentle with these things...after all, you would expect the same courtesy.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes

but peter, james, and john appeared to joseph smith and oliver cowdery to restore the Melchizedek Priesthood which has been passed down by the LDS church ever since

www.lightplanet.com...

so what say you?

Sounds like the two got together to conspire for one of the biggest deceptions ever
Another testament - pffff. Christianity was just fine and has all the Book it ever needs.
IMO, Mormonism - is a false church. Oh, too, doesn't the real New Testament talk about adultery? That's another issue.... some Mormon's think it's ok to marry many wives. I have a prob with that too. There is to be sanctity in the marriage and between ONE man and woman..not women.
edit on 26-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join