It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon's Belief and Practice of Wearing Protective (Magical) Underwear: What!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This was just brought to my attention yesterday - that Mormon's wear and believe in protective undergarments.
Dug a bit for truth for I could not believe this. Found it mentioned and confirmed by some here at ATS and I have read it several other places as well.

My question is Why? Where do they get this idea? It's crazy, imo!

I believe in the Holy Bible and not some NEW Mormon testament
And If ANYone is safe , it is only given unto them by the Lord God Himself , the Creator, and not by some magical panties or undergarments. And this is according to God's written word -the Holy Bible.

Pro 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

I just honestly cannot imagine falling for this type of practice.
and wonder why do they do this? How is underwear going to protect anyone?

I will continue trusting in my Lord and Savior for protection....
The stinky underwear just doesn't cut it!

1857massacre.com...
edit on 24-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why do Catholics insist on last rites? Why should any Christian worry about repentance and the final opportunity to take comfort and seek counsel from a man of the Faith? Same thing....just a weird (To my way of thinking) way to do it.

I suppose there would be a lot of make fun of here...if it wasn't the Religious Faith of other folks. I've always refrained even mentioning this aspect when discussing the LDS though..and it's that giggle factor for why. Oh Well... Maybe this thread will be different on that.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
1857massacre.com...
edit on 24-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

The video clip here would be part of a TV series John Safran vs God.
John Safran's an unusual investigator, but getting right into the spirit of things in a different series, you can see him get CRUCIFIED in this video...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I'll admit. Have wondered if Mitt Romney sports this nifty attire......

Des

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Passion killers..Keeping the devil and angry mobs away from your tender portions since 1842.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

this is why www.ehow.com...

ha magical, anyways asking this would be like asking muslems why they wear hijab

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Religious thread.

I find it hilarious that you make fun of magical undergarments, but will believe in a book written by man about an all-powerful guy floating in the clouds and judging us all with an all-seeing eye. Not only this, but he constructed the earth in 7 days, then made a man and woman, whereby they made an entire race. Not too long after this, incest was declared sinful, despite the fact that incest is clearly the only reason we are all here.

Yep, magical undergarments are clearly the pinnacle of ridiculous in this thread.

Anyone else seeing the irony here?

Oh, and one more thing. I don't see any justification for you making fun of other religions just because you think yours is right. Isn't pride supposed to be a sinful thing? And you call yourself a Christian...

Such arrogance.
edit on CFridaypm414145f45America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm from Mormon HQ and I can tell you they do in fact wear garments.

It does seem kind of silly but lots of religions wear a certain type of clothing or have some idol. As cool as it is to believe they think it's some sort of bullet stopping magical underwear, in reality it's like an ultra CTR ring (google it)..a constant reminder to keep the faith. Strong psychological effect, so while they may not stop lead bullets they just might stop mind bullets.

I must admit I respect those that adhere to their professed moral code, even when it's a little wacky. Sadly most Mormons don't do this, in my experience.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
www.ehow.com...

Gift ideas for newly married Mormon couples range from books and Scriptures to gift certificates. In addition, there are myriad other gifts that you can give, depending on how well you know the couple and what their specific wants and needs are. The only important thing to consider before you purchase a gifts for the couple is to be sure it's something that will be useful and appreciated.

So fluffy handcuffs and passion fruit edible lubes probably a nono then.
No wonder the bishop told me not to come back.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

SeekerLou, I wonder what is your flavor of religion?

As a Christian you're obligated to answer truthfully.

Matthew 10:33
"but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

H-E-dubblehockeysticks is a hot place. =(

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I'm from Mormon HQ and I can tell you they do in fact wear garments.

It does seem kind of silly but lots of religions wear a certain type of clothing or have some idol. As cool as it is to believe they think it's some sort of bullet stopping magical underwear, in reality it's like an ultra CTR ring (google it)..a constant reminder to keep the faith. Strong psychological effect, so while they may not stop lead bullets they just might stop mind bullets.

I must admit I respect those that adhere to their professed moral code, even when it's a little wacky. Sadly most Mormons don't do this, in my experience.

nice, good point kinda like what i was trying to say just better worded, forgot about the ctr rings got mine when i was 8
dont wear it much anymore nor do i wear these magical undergarments lol

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

No indestructible sacred nipple symbols then?
Shame.
I'm starting to like the sound of it all again...Sacred nipples. Bet they won't let me back in though, the power of their nipples will compel me and I shall be forced back into outer darkness for mine eye's shall be offended by all the chintz clad females.
And there I shall stay for all eternity...And lo there shall be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This thread has lost all potential for being serious.

And for this, I am glad.

Ah, why can't we all accept that religion is like a map...each path of faith is a unique road, but if you follow the right ones, they will all lead you to the same glorious place (no, not heaven).

No religion is the only one, as long as there is love and unity in it. Why do you think Christianity and Buddism have survived? Because love and unity brings peace.

Namaste
edit on CFridaypm585823f23America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
No religion is the only one, as long as there is love and unity in it. Why do you think Christianity and Buddism have survived? Because love and unity brings peace.

Those are among the wisest words I've heard in awhile.

Agreed on the thread going sideways.... Referring back to my first reply, I guess this didn't turn out different after all. What a shame. Just some basic respect, if not understanding, of Faiths and beleifs we can never share would go so far to bringing peace as you so eloquently note there.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Magical panties of divine protection.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That i didn't know... but i might get an answer from my friend.

I have a thread on Mormonism, and once i get to the (bottom?
) of this mystery... i'll be sure to post it

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hi and thanks. I'll be adding a link or two to yours

Appreciate that.

To ALL:

Appreciate your input. And please don't get me wrong. I had an uncle who was Mormon and I loved him dearly!
I am trying to understand this way of thinking and again . Every Mormon I have known has always been nice. So this is not aimed at the person.....the practice is what I disagree with and question .

Hope this helps you to know where my heart is in this matter. Hopefully some of you will catch my drift.

Thank you all for reading and I appreciate your input. Love to you all and to each his own, I say... I just like to know the ''Why's".and at the same time, maybe reading this thread may spark a change in their thinking? IMO, we should evalute ourselves/do a self analysis as to why we believe the way we do. Are we thinking for ourselves? You know, that type of thing, especially in case if we are wrong. Sometimes, we just need to take a closer look at ourselves, rethink things over, and thing outside the box.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Those are among the wisest words I've heard in awhile.

Agreed on the thread going sideways.... Referring back to my first reply, I guess this didn't turn out different after all. What a shame. Just some basic respect, if not understanding, of Faiths and beleifs we can never share would go so far to bringing peace as you so eloquently note there.

I am right quite a lot. Yet people are always surprised...

Regardless, people ask me what my faith is. In fact, I went to a friend's house after a party once and his mother grilled me on my religion. Wasted and stoned, I simply shared this little tidbit of my opinion...

RELIGION DOES NOT MATTER.

Only love matters. All else is classification and labeling, and that never does any good except to make sense within the human mind. Religion is the road, not the destination nor the purpose, not even the definition. It is simply a path for those who do not know where they are going, nor why.

Namaste

edit on CFridaypm393906f06America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by Akragon

Hi and thanks. I'll be adding a link or two to yours

Appreciate that.

To ALL:

Appreciate your input. And please don't get me wrong. I had an uncle who was Mormon and I loved him dearly!
I am trying to understand this way of thinking and again . Every Mormon I have known has always been nice. So this is not aimed at the person.....the practice is what I disagree with and question .

Hope this helps you to know where my heart is in this matter. Hopefully some of you will catch my drift.

Thank you all for reading and I appreciate your input. Love to you all and to each his own, I say... I just like to know the ''Why's".and at the same time, maybe reading this thread may spark a change in their thinking? IMO, we should evalute ourselves/do a self analysis as to why we believe the way we do. Are we thinking for ourselves? You know, that type of thing, especially in case if we are wrong. Sometimes, we just need to take a closer look at ourselves, rethink things over, and thing outside the box.

I find this especially amusing coming from you. Many Christians do not think for themselves. They let the Bible think for them. I experimented once, question a man about whether he chooses not to drink because of God, or because it's poisonous.

His answer: I don't know.

Nuff said.
edit on CFridaypm404008f08America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I find this especially amusing coming from you. Many Christians do not think for themselves. They let the Bible think for them. I experimented once, question a man about whether he chooses not to drink because of God, or because it's poisonous.

His answer: I don't know.

Nuff said.

Hey, I love bringing smiles to people's face...glad you found this amusing.
Experimented oncelol. Now I'm amused.
Yes, sadly many Christians do not think outside of the box. In this we are in agreement.
But , believe you me, lol I don't fall into that category.

Go on with your anger... it will get you nowhere and you are only harming yourself...it starts eating away from the inside...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join