Mexican researchers patent heroin vaccine

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Say What ??

It says they tested it on mice !!

Jesus, how would THEY know ??

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – While Mexico grapples with relentless drug-related violence, a group of Mexican scientists is working on a vaccine that could reduce addiction to one of the world’s most notorious narcotics: heroin.

Researchers at the country’s National Institute of Psychiatry say they have successfully tested the vaccine on mice and are preparing to test it on humans.

The vaccine, which has been patented in the United States, works by making the body resistant to the effects of heroin, so users would no longer get a rush of pleasure when they smoke or inject it.

A mouse knows better !

Mexican gangsters grow opium poppies in the Sierra Madre mountains and convert them into heroin known as Black Tar and Mexican Mud, which are smuggled over the Rio Grande.

Every year, the heroin trade provides billions of dollars to gangs like the Sinaloa Cartel and the Zetas. Since 2006, cartel violence has claimed the lives of over 47,000 people in Mexico.

I wonder how the cartels feel about this miracle discovery ?

Give me a break please !!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Who said they dont like heroine????

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This will only help those who want to quit. It sounds like a long acting version of Narcan. People who want to get high on heroin simply won't take the "vaccine." I guess parents could keep forcibly dosing their kids until they're 18, so that might cut back a bit on the drug trade. But, otherwise, it won't have much effect.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
DK why this was posted here. Accidental oopsie!
edit on 24-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I can see this Patent being bought by a Government and or a Big Pharmaceutical Chain and hidden away in the dark from The world and all those that need it. This vaccine will never be allowed to help people nore will it be allowed see the light of day.

There is to much money to be made from our governments and Pharmaceutical companies to ever let this vaccine to be used.
If there were no herion, there would be no herion related crimes ,ie, drug dealing or crimes caused by robberies/murders, to support a herion additiction so that would mean less taxpayers money for the government to spend on fighting crime.
Not to mention the billions the Governments, Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies will lose from the supply of Methadone and other treatments that they are supplying to "fight against" herion addiction.

Remember, Doctors never heal, They only Treat.

This vaccine will never be produced to benefit society
edit on 24-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
I can see this Patent being bought by a Government and or a Big Pharmaceutical Chain and hidden away in the dark from The world and all those that need it. This vaccine will never be allowed to help people nore will it be allowed see the light of day.

There is to much money to be made from our governments and Pharmaceutical companies to ever let this vaccine to be used.
If there were no herion, there would be no herion related crimes ,ie, drug dealing or crimes caused by robberies/murders, to support a herion additiction so that would mean less taxpayers money for the government to spend on fighting crime.
Not to mention the billions the Governments, Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies will lose from the supply of Methadone and other treatments that they are supplying to "fight against" herion addiction.

Remember, Doctors never heal, They only Treat.

This vaccine will never be produced to benefit society
edit on 24-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

+1
I really can't add much to that, you've summed it up perfectly.

The government will never let this see the light of day, because they're the ones behind, drugs, not the good drugs like lsd, weed or dmt but bad drugs like heroin, crack etc.

Hopefully they could sell it on silkroad

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I thought all the cures used in Mexico were supplied on the tip of lead?

new topics
top topics

join