It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karen Santorum: Husband's surge 'is God's will'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Is this the year we finally realize how stupid our political leaders really are? In the February 23, 2012 edition of The Washington Times we are treated to this tripe from the wife of Rick (God's man) Santorum:

"I personally think this is God's will. I think He has us on a path, and I do think there's a lot more happening than what we're seeing," Karen Santorum told Glenn Beck as she and her husband sat for an interview on his Web-based show, GBTV. "Personally I mean I think Rick's a great guy, and he's really smart and everything. But I think a lot more is happening than what we can actually see."

www.washingtontimes.com...

I thought George W was "God's man". Must be fickle God, huh?

As a Christian, I am outraged when I see politicians try to invoke God on their behalf. It defames God. Anyone who would wrap themselves in the "God's man" theme is a fraud and a lier, IMO.

What say you?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I say I'm with you on this, since a Santorum presidency - god forbid it defy the odds and somehow happen - would likely result in even more wars and innocent deaths, more orphans and widows, less christian liberty and not taking the planks out of the eyes of authorities (while they blindly focusing all the more intently on the specks in our own eyes).

If Santorum and his policies can't walk according to the beatitudes and the other words of Christ, I'd truly like to know how on earth she thinks it's god's will, outside her self-delusion.

edit on 2/24/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Well said.

Is it not interesting how the most enthusiastic support for more wars are so-called Christians. I am thinking of the debates in South Carolina and the audience reaction to Santorum's call for war on Iran. What ever happened to "Blessed are the peacemakers"?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just hope that after he loses, she admits that God wants him out of the public arena.

What are the chances of that happening?

When things go their way it is God's will and when things go against them it must be evil.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

What does god have to do with it. All of these lying politicians always want to speak for god. If he wanted them to be in charge they wouldn't have to spend their time convincing people that he is on their side. This in and of its self shows they will stoop to anything to win an election. when all else fails bring religion and the bible into the election. Perfect example of the total lack of morals and respect they have for God and the general public.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Makes you wonder, do these types pray before going to the grocery store to make certain it is of God will for them to go shopping.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Praetorius

Well said.

Is it not interesting how the most enthusiastic support for more wars are so-called Christians. I am thinking of the debates in South Carolina and the audience reaction to Santorum's call for war on Iran. What ever happened to "Blessed are the peacemakers"?

My thoughts as well. I guess todays "Christian" denies the "golden rule", Unbelieveable IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's "God's will" when the situation is desirable, otherwise it's an "attack by Satan". My family's Catholic, I know this mentality.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow is Karen trying to declare jihad against the Muslims? No wonder the Muslims called the Middle East Wars a Holy War.

new topics

top topics

join