It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wishes cause suffering? Of course not, without will, there is no life - Your thoughts please :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I like this subject, so here is my humble opinion.

The most important thing in life is will.

The will to do something makes the world go round, the heart beat, the blood flow through the veins.

Without will life fades away.

Existence depends on will, the creator of it all WANTED to do it.

So, if you don't know what you want to do you are fading away, your life is being drained, your root chakra is weakening.

Ask yourself all the time: What do i want to do? The answer will give you life, enthusiasm, passion.

The more will, the more life you have.

So don't be afraid, want it badly, don't be afraid to be strong-willed, when the will is strong, life is strong, nothing is impossible.

All life starts on will, in astrology the sign Aries is the first one, the main trait of Aries is: you guessed it - strong will!

But you have to be prepared and accept any outcome, win or loose, it doesn't matter, playing the game with enthusiasm, do it fairly, that's what matters, the wish is just the fuel to walk the path, the path is important, the outcome is not so important...

Its like a soccer game, you like the game, you want to win it, but in the end of every match you are happy even if you lost it.
Why?
Because you love the experience, you love the game, you love the passion, the enthusiasm, the lessons learned, you are transformed after every game, you love it... You have to have the will to play it, you must like it. And when you are playing it, you must want to shoot the ball, run, dribble etc etc, the more you want every action of it, the more life and enthusiasm you get, that's life

Your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Its like a soccer game, you like the game, you want to win it, but in the end of every match you are happy even if you lost it.

This is not human behavior. Unless someone is taking a bribe to throw a match, no-one enjoys losing.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Manula

This is not human behavior. Unless someone is taking a bribe to throw a match, no-one enjoys losing.

Did you read it all?
I like to play, even when i loose, because i like the game!
Sometimes you don't get what you want, but the chills and thrills of trying are awesome.
With life its the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Did you read it all?
Sometimes you don't get what you want, but the chills and thrills of trying are awesome.
With life its the same.

What you are describing is not desire or will; what you are describing is the spirit of play. You claim to "know about Buddhism" yet you cultivate delusion. Desire binds you, play can liberate you.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Attachment is very different from having wishes.
I know the diference, don't know about you.

To be attached is to be dependent of things you cant control, that are impermanent, that will come and go. You will suffer, like a drug addict when the objects of attachment go away.

Example: You are attached to your girlfriend, you are not prepared to live without her, when she leaves you you will suffer like an addict without its drug.

So different...can you tell the difference? I want to play, its a wish, where is attachment?

Get your ideas straight before you say other people are cultivating delusion...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Maybe its just a confusion of words, what is desire?
I am talking about wanting to do something.
I want to feed my family, so i want to work and earn an honest living.
I have this wish. Where is suffering? It doesn't bind me, it gives me fuel for action, makes me move, gives me life.
Is this wrong according to Buddhism, of course not...

You are talking about attachment, i am talking about the will to do something....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i disagree fundamentally with u, the will is wether induced by slavery of wills or evil being will source to possess relative superiority as an absolute one from abusing truth concept knowledge and objective truth rights and subjective possible freedom individuals rights

in logical terms, how do u justify the enthousiasm of being by itself? if it is not about smthg objectively existing or perceived or seeing then it is a lie, impossible
why would u create such a thing and how

while if u perceive smthg positively then u must be relative reality with, by recognizing positive quality to it before meaning u from meaning it

the mean value of meaning smthg cannot be a will, it is a fact being meaning that would be objective mind till it could realize it free since it is true so by constant present of its fact

so if u enjoy football then it is the game that is objectively meant being positive fact, while u by meaning it positively is the one that enjoy positive objective things while the joy can never b one, but totally by detaching it from all that is its reason, so then it cant b objective but to u as being urself while never the reason of any relation to else nor others

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Please write better, i cant understand you. sorry

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Manula

Did you read it all?
With life its the same.

That's the right way to view corporeal life. This will be your only opportunity to experience it, so get right into it and learn from it. Losing is relative anyway. If you gain experience and a slice of wisdom from that incident of defeat, then you're the winner when all is said and done. Nothing is all good and nothing is all bad. What is good or bad is how you apply what you experience to your own self development.

Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

i disagree with u fundamentally too lol

if u lean on ur wishs to learn how to be real, then u will never be real and more never u will witness urself existence as a fact positive, bc learning is exclusively about constancy profits

being happy of experiences profits is being an illusion that in truth will quickly turn in constant terms being nothing

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What should be done? why?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

What should be done? why?

well u should die and why lets see, bc only true exist, sorry

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am dead, have never been born, will never live, im not real..... after i "die".... then what should be done, to fit into your model of absolute?

its funny you are mad at me and wish me to die, because I question you? and when you cant answer, instead of thinking where your wrong it would be easier for me to die?
edit on 24-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As I think of it, Will does not cause suffering, but who is to say that by just will suffering is inevitable? A Man who has trouble supporting his family, probably willed himself to take night jobs. He suffers in return lack of sleep but in return his family is happy. Life in it self is suffering but acknowledging that will make us realize that suffering is what it takes to experience lessons that are important to the individual.

As for wishes, in my opinion wishes are just hopes that an individual might want but understands that he/she cannot possibly get it. Desires may be the reason why we suffer mentally as people, because desires cannot be fulfilled and needs can be.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

u cant but state ur life and positive existence to urself only, ur death is not ur business

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The will to do something makes the world go round, the heart beat, the blood flow through the veins.

I'm confused. Who's will is it that "makes the world go round, the heart beat, the blood flow through the veins"?

As far as I know there isn't anyone "up there" spinning the earth around like a basketball, and no one will's their heart to beat or their blood to flow. These things happen without a doer, what makes you any different? Suffering exists because there is the belief you (the mind) are the doer.

You do not live life, life does not live you. Life is. Allow it to be.

top topics

join