It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry's 1971 Testimony That The" Swifties" Twisted ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

www.richmond.edu...

Kerry said, quote " They told at story at times , they had personally raped, etc...... , he was speaking of the Veterans (THEY), that testified in Detroit, during a investigation into "war Crimes", so with that said, John Kerry was only giving testimony to what HE was told,..... not what He had actually seen and the Swifties are trying to twist it to make John Kerry look bad, since he is running for President this election year.

John Kerry DID NOT do a dis-service to our country and troops in 1971, He told the truth which helped END the war in Vietnam.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by nanna_of_6]

[edit on 19-9-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Just remember Kerry's motives for protesting the war (emphasis mine):

In a 2002 conversation, Kerry told me he thought it would be doubly advantageous that "I fought in Vietnam and I also fought against the Vietnam War," apparently not recognizing that some would see far too much political calculation in such a bifurcated record.

This was said to David Broder. You can see the whole article here, among dozens of other places:

Kerry

Sad but true; this is the real John Kerry. He was my Senator for over 10 years. This opportunistic attitude is par for the course for him.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nanna,

Much like alot of John Jerry, he did what was good for John Kerry. The simple fact is he used the vets for personal gain (Not that he is the only one to have done so) and in fact may have coerced some of the vets into saying those things. A vet by the name of Steven Pitkin has made just such a claim. The thread can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The proof is in the pudding. Kerry's personal admission of atrocities was not made during his congressional grandstanding, and the SwiftVets NEVER made that claim. They simply played a recording of Kerry making those admissions. To whom did he make them?

To Crosby Noyes, a reporter for the Washington Evening Star on April 18, 1971.

Then, he tried to spin it away on "Meet the Press". Here is a video PROVING he said what you claim he never said...

You should really do more research before you put you foot in your mouth like that....

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I couldn't put any better Affirmative. This nanna_of_6 person scares the sh!t out if me. I'm glad I don't live near her, at least I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Then, he tried to spin it away on "Meet the Press". Here is a video PROVING he said what you claim he never said...
You should really do more research before you put you foot in your mouth like that....

Im going to use a line I saw in another thread:

Are we in a restaurant? Cause somebody just got served!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

I am just SOOO TIRED of the "lying libs" who post this trash. It's inconceivable how hypocritical they are. This one was easy, and there are several more posters who make it this easy. Others simply make a statement without any links or proof of any kind to back it up, and the rest of them jump on the band wagon right along with them. Then you get things like the little girl who got her Bush sign ripped up by the fanatical libs at a Kerry rally. Boy, did they ever jump on that, saying it was the fathers fault for taking her, like that gives someone the right to assault a child. Disgusting. Then they said it was all a set up, and he own brother ripped the sign up...talk about grasping at straws. Of course, when it was a protester at the RNC convention that got roughed up, it was a national disgrace! So basically, by their standards, it's ok to assault a little girl because she isn't a Democrat, but it's a travesty to assault a grown woman because she is. Unbelievable, despicable, unmitigated hypocrisy.

Don't get me wrong, I think both events were disgusting...I'm just tired of the liars and spinners here who try to sugar coat one side while vilifying the other when things like this that should be decried by all happen....

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Uh, doesn't this belong in the political forum? Where's the War on Terrorism connection?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder
Uh, doesn't this belong in the political forum? Where's the War on Terrorism connection?

I guess you would have to ask the individual who started the thread....

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Nanna,

Much like alot of John Jerry, he did what was good for John Kerry. The simple fact is he used the vets for personal gain (Not that he is the only one to have done so) and in fact may have coerced some of the vets into saying those things. A vet by the name of Steven Pitkin has made just such a claim. The thread can be found here:

Fred T, I have been up all night till now doing research on this subject, I found a site put up by a man that was in the Vietnam War, I just finished reading everything and emailed him to get permission to "post" his site "URL" here,.... I am waiting for his response as we speak. If this Veteran gives his permission, I HOPE and PRAY that members on this "thread" will take the time to read "everything", it is very long but very imformative and factual, a VERY VERY GOOD READ for anyone that wants to know the TRUTH on what was said in the 1971 testimony of John Kerry. As soon as I hear from this Vietnam Veteran and he says "yes" than I will post the URL , it is 100% better than the first "URL" I posted.
A lot of the Vietnam Veterans do not know what actually took place or was said in 1971 by John Kerry, so they only know what the "SWIFTIES" are spewing out, maybe after they have a chance to "READ" what a veteran that was there, that kept record of everything that was said,.... Word for Word, by all involved, plus his own account of what did happen that he saw first-hand and was also told by other veterans , then maybe thoughts will change.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Then you get things like the little girl who got her Bush sign ripped up by the fanatical libs at a Kerry rally. Boy, did they ever jump on that, saying it was the fathers fault for taking her, like that gives someone the right to assault a child. Disgusting. Then they said it was all a set up, and he own brother ripped the sign up...talk about grasping at straws.

Hummmm, let me ask you this,...... DO YOU HAVE PROOF that this man with his "poor little girl" and the "supposive - Democrat", didn't set this little scene up, to make it look like a Democrat attacked them ,... when in FACT, it wasn't a Democrat at all. I've got my PROOF that it wasn't a democrat, but in FACT it was this Poor little girl's brother ! I suggest that you look very very carefully at the "PICTURES" in the "URL" below .

www.truthout.org...

Would YOU like something to drink, sir, to help that "chunk" of Pie to go down a lot smoother.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6

Would YOU like something to drink, sir, to help that "chunk" of Pie to go down a lot smoother.

Dude, I hope you don't choke on that "chunk" you swallowed yourself, because anybody that would take a THING that "truth.org" prints as anything but lying propaganda bull is a sad excuse for a "researcher". I think a better moniker for the site might be, �Our-poor-excuse-for-the-truth.org!!!� Of course, the "fact" that the union who represented the individuals involved issued an apology wouldn't make a BIT of difference to you, now would it??? Hmmm???

Come on now...how about some "real" information from a source that isn't debunked as bull on a daily basis...you have done nothing but take your credibility from �zero� to �sub-zero�.

But hey, nice try...if I got burned as bad as you did at your attempted misinformation in this thread, I might be pretty mad as well...but then, I don't post obvious fakery that is so easily debunked....

Laughing righ back in your face!!!

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
nanna_of_6,

You had taken the time to do research, and that is very commendable, now due to the type of information and this been a political issue and very sensitive to some, I have to say you just started some big thing I wish you luck and I read the link very impressive.

It will probably end in he mud pit.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder

You are correct, thank you.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
nanna_of_6,

You had taken the time to do research, and that is very commendable, now due to the type of information and this been a political issue and very sensitive to some, I have to say you just started some big thing I wish you luck and I read the link very impressive.

Yes...very impressive attempt at subverting the truth....It's too bad that the ACTUAL truth is out there and very simple to find...but please...feel free to try again....

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
nanna_of_6,

You are probably right, marg6043. I'm not worried,...... the late 60's and earily 70's is my time, I seen how the Veterans were treated,...... it was not good, and I remember John Kerry during that time, I was young,.... but I remember. A lot of things were going on during that time in the USA, ..... young men trying to avoid the draft and Vietnam ( as George W Bush did ), protesters against the war in Vietnam, Streakers in the streets, even John Lennon got involved " Give Peace A Chance", etc. ect, ect. It was a time that my generation will not forget, because of a President that didn't want to be the first President to lose a war, so he kept our men and women over there to fight and die,...... to save face. It was a very sad time for everyone, but moreso for the Vietnam Veterans.

I started this thread so the ones that don't know about that time can learn and for those that are still around but did not know the whole truth of that testimony in 1971, can learn the truth.

Our troops back then died and was maimed for a war that never should have happened and NOW our men and women are being killed and maimed and the Iraqi's citizens are being killed and maimed for a WAR THAT NEVER SHOULD OF HAPPENED , because of a President and Vice-President , that never personally "seen" much less fought in a war ( they avoid Vietnam), are the ones that lied and pushed for this war in Iraq.
WMD's ,........ my foot, these two want to play war-games from the Oval Office, with human lives,...... two men that did everything possible to avoid Vietnam, one's a recovered drunk and cokehead and the other a college degenerate that did his best to stay in college to avoid the draft.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nanna, thanks for the informative news. But first,look at this.
This war is soooo RIGHT, that British will start withdrawing troops.
Congratulations to Tony Blair, whatever his adulation for Bush aint gonna last, is it????? Seems, he's beginning to see the light.

Nanna, I have no doubts that Kerry was set up for saying something he never said in the first place. Look around you. There are still so many people willing to beleive such lies, and are willing to back up this satanical government its pathetic! Whatever Kerry said is of no significance compared to the multitude of lies upon lies we've had to live with for 3 years now.
These so called Christians, Bush followers and war mongers so ready to do battle and so ready to kick butt are armchair warriors and nothing more. They think its Macho to kick butt, yea, roll em....
They beleive and swallow every little story FOX feeds them and when you and I post, why, then, we're the misguided, unamerican crap that we are.
I dont post anything here to make others change their minds as to who to vote for, do you? These people lived thru the farce of 911, thru the terror "alerts", they're all read the same stories we have, yet they think Bush is a God and Kerry is slime. So be it!
I always like to say goodbye with this statement:" Those of you who vote Republican will not own up to it 1 year from now"
Greetings!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nanna,

I agree with you 100 percent I was a child in the 60s and a teen in the 70s and I remember the veterans from Vietnam because most of then (at least the ones I knew) were disable and I could not understand why I was to young. But my mother and mostly my father remember he lost a brother in vietnam.

I am old enough now to see that the war in Iraq is wrong and was force into the people of Iraq for the wrong reason.

One day the truth will come out and somebody will apologize to the American and Iraqi people for the lost of so many lives, I hope I will see that day.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have started a NEW thread here;

I hope that other members will take the time to read from "Gary Jacoubson's" URL , that I had posted on the new thread. I know that some may try to debunk the new thread and the truth, but how can they, when theres a Vietnam Veteran's account of what happened because GARY WAS THERE.

So go ahead and try as you might, but Gary's excellent record keeping "speaks" volumes and vindicates John Kerry's GOOD NAME .

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6

You are probably right, marg6043. I'm not worried,...... the late 60's and earily 70's is my time, I seen how the Veterans were treated,...... it was not good, and I remember John Kerry during that time, I was young,.... but I remember. A lot of things were going on during that time in the USA, ..... young men trying to avoid the draft and Vietnam ( as George W Bush did ), protesters against the war in Vietnam, Streakers in the streets, even John Lennon got involved " Give Peace A Chance", etc. ect, ect. It was a time that my generation will not forget, because of a President that didn't want to be the first President to lose a war, so he kept our men and women over there to fight and die,...... to save face. It was a very sad time for everyone, but moreso for the Vietnam Veterans.

I started this thread so the ones that don't know about that time can learn and for those that are still around but did not know the whole truth of that testimony in 1971, can learn the truth.

Our troops back then died and was maimed for a war that never should have happened and NOW our men and women are being killed and maimed and the Iraqi's citizens are being killed and maimed for a WAR THAT NEVER SHOULD OF HAPPENED , because of a President and Vice-President , that never personally "seen" much less fought in a war ( they avoid Vietnam), are the ones that lied and pushed for this war in Iraq.
WMD's ,........ my foot, these two want to play war-games from the Oval Office, with human lives,...... two men that did everything possible to avoid Vietnam, one's a recovered drunk and cokehead and the other a college degenerate that did his best to stay in college to avoid the draft.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join