It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Energy Plan -- Algae

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It actually comes from the Free Energy Device handbook. There are so many suppressed technologies in that book its crazy. Clearly certain powers wish not to give up control of the petrol industry. Stagnation breeds profits, versus the benifit of mankind.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here's a few articles that show how seriously some companies are taking Algae Biofuels:

Exxon

Research

The Navy

OriginOil

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Algae is a long-term solution, and I mean decades until it is feasible on relevant scales, if ever. It is also important to conserve domestic oil until it is needed. Why drill at home when you can use up the resources abroad first?

But I think it is also quite clear that its only a matter of time before "drill, baby drill" crowd will get their oil. Because all the alternatives are pie in the sky for now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Here's a few articles that show how seriously some companies are taking Algae Biofuels:

Exxon

Research

The Navy

OriginOil

Give me some quotes and points and authorities please.

Not everybody here is going to take your good word for it.

You can't win an argument with links that could turn out to be jibberish.

Don't be afraid to be informative.

We don't bite !

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Algae is a long-term solution, and I mean decades until it is feasible on relevant scales, if ever. It is also important to conserve domestic oil until it is needed. Why drill at home when you can use up the resources abroad first?

But I think it is also quite clear that its only a matter of time before "drill, baby drill" crowd will get their oil. Because all the alternatives are pie in the sky for now.

All well and good.

But we can't afford to be naive with the psychopaths that run the current agendas.

We need to get the graft and corruption OUT of the picture.

If we don't, the fleecing and looting will never end will it ?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

We don't bite !

Check the sources and you'll find everything you need. It's pointless for me to reiterate the content of the articles in a sound-bite. Hence providing the links.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

We don't bite !

Check the sources and you'll find everything you need. It's pointless for me to reiterate the content of the articles in a sound-bite. Hence providing the links.

OP: A means D because of banana.
Poster: But banana has nothing to do with either A or D.
OP: You got proof of that?
Poster: Yeah. Here's a link.
OP: I don't wanna actually look at what I just asked you to provide to me. Can you break it down for me?
Poster: Sure, it says that Banana has nothing to do with A or D.
OP: But that source is biased.
Poster: Ok, well how about this source? It's completely neutral.
OP: I see the source but can you break that one down for me?
Poster: It says that Banana has nothing to do with A or D.
OP: Yeah, but Bananas are funny looking.
Poster: ...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We had guy quit a few months ago he has a lab at home and patened a way to make a certain alge grow twice as fast and have 4 times the oil content. Just read in the paper he is starting a business selling the alge.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
NO BIOFUELS has any where near the effiecency that oil has and the petrochemicals from where everything to asprin to plastics are made from.

Biofuels rate of deterioriation is also greater than that of oil.

Waste of time and money that should be on private business not Government and we should not be paying for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Algae is the future of biofuel. I've been researching this for many years. Some interesting points about the algae game. Because of the barriers to entry coupled with the long time horizon needed to make a profit, many, if not most, "successful" algae biofuel companies are bought out by the larger players. Second, much has been made about the costs of production, which is relatively low already but still more than oil. But that cost involved "grinding" the algae to get the desired product. The new thing is bio engineered algae which "breath out" the organic compound, which is much closer to the costs of refinined oil.

I think in 10 years this will be our fuel alternative.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I read somewhere during the BP Oil spill that there was a plot to turn the Gulf Coast into an algae production place. Of course it would ruin it as a place to live.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A couple more questions I thought of. What will be the effect on the eco-system of the mass harvesting of algae from the oceans, lakes, streams, ponds, etc.? Certainly that algae serves some purpose, in its natural state, and some harm surely will result from human intervention.

Secondly, I seem to recall being told global warming, greenhouse gases and a dozen other damn things are already destroying the oceans algae.

Sorry Obama, you can't have your algae and burn it, too.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

"A" for effort.

But how do they replace billions of barrels of oil ?

Realistically.

Ha....ha....!! I was waiting for this question my friend. In fact, how do/would, you/they "whomever they are" disprove this to be factual?

Have you "EVER" produced a conclusive factual basis/thesis/hypothesis against this research to be a fact of ineligibility? And...by the way, if you or anyone ever has, please provide your proof of such existence.

I don't think you can and if so, I'm patiently waiting for such proof.

ETA
Thank you for the "A" for effort! The same goes out to you

edit on 2/25/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

"A" for effort.

But how do they replace billions of barrels of oil ?

Realistically.

Ha....ha....!! I was waiting for this question my friend. In fact, how do/would, you/they "whomever they are" disprove this to be factual?

Have you "EVER" produced a conclusive factual basis/thesis/hypothesis against this research to be a fact of ineligibility? And...by the way, if you or anyone ever has, please provide your proof of such existence.

I don't think you can and if so, I'm patiently waiting for such proof.

ETA
Thank you for the "A" for effort! The same goes out to you

edit on 2/25/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

Well again I draw attention to investors (and lack of),

If this these theories were realistic, the money people would be jumping through hoops to get in on it.

I am trying to find any comparisons at all that directly apply.

Things like costs to produce an equivalent of let's say, 1000 gallons of gasoline.
Or like how many acres of corn it takes to get 1000 gallons of ethanol.
Or how many pounds of algae to get and equivalent of 1000 gallons of gasoline.

Then calculate how much time it takes to use up the yields.
Is there enough land to even grow enough corn for example.

Then get realistic time-frames and volume comparisons for the entire world's use of fuels to be replaced.

And then get a life projection on the new materials.

It always takes refined energy to retrieve raw energy. Like it takes gallons of refined fuel to run equipment that retrieves raw oil for example.

I'm just not seeing anything that is proving the concept on a long term world wide scale.

Oil and natural gas seem to be the only thing the money people are interested in.

It seems the biofuels use more resources than they produce.

We are also up against technology suppression.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I like alge. Alge could be genetically mutated to produce any food molecule or industrial chemical and Alge is easier to handle than bacteria.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
I like alge. Alge could be genetically mutated to produce any food molecule or industrial chemical and Alge is easier to handle than bacteria.

Again, I understand the concept.

But are there any conclusive details on how ?

We are talking about replacing all the refined fuels world wide.

I guess that includes

Gasoline
Diesel fuel
Heating oil
Jet fuel
Kerosene
etc.

How much of that stuff is used every year.

Can an Algae program produce enough in a timely fashion with a steady supply

And let's not forget about plastics and other materials that use petroleum.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The transition wouldn't be like flipping a switch from petrochemicals to bioreactors. The first places to use alge would be where it costs less to use alge than gasoline. As the alge techniques were developed and productivity increased the number of people and industries finding alge to be cheaper than petrochemicals would increase until eventually bioreactors or biomanufactories or whatever would become the default energy source. Could happen as fast as one boom cycle in the economy or it could take decades.

BTW what happened to the all roads lead to rome guy? Just curious.

Another nice thing about alge or microbes is that all of the chemicals can be contained and recycled like the water and the carbon and nitrogen and minerals and such.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join