It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel is out of the question' when it comes to supporting a syrian invasion, according to CNN. B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
m.cnn.com...:newsml:CNN.com:20120223:syria-intervention:1

Sorry if the link doesnt work, this article is titled 'why the wotld isnt intervening in syria.'

The article is talking about a lack of support from the syrian border countries as a reason for not starting a war. The article says something unexplained about Israel.

Iraq and Lebanon have their own sectarian issues, writes CNN Tim Lister. Jordan would likely be hesitant to help, too. And Israel is out of the question. Turkey is the most likely launching ground

But why? Am I miseing something here? Is there a reason why Israel is so out of the question that it doesnt even deserve an explanation? Im sorry to not know all the ins and outs of middle east politics, but when you say israel is out of the question and then dont explain yourself i have to wonder why. Even more strange is this article i found.
edit on 24-2-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Israel threatens to bomb Syria if Syria attacks Israel. So if Israel is ready for war with Syria, why is it 'out f the question' for Israel to help the UN or US if they attack Syria? Also, why does this kind of statement need no clarification by the author? Is it said with disgust for Israel, an assumption that Israel cant or shouldnt intervene? Its a vague statment is it not?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Israel can't fight its own wars nor does it have the guts. Peres was saying recently that the burden of Iran should lie on the superpowers, meaning the USA. As in getting the USA to do its dirty work for them. Gutless they are.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There is already enough tension between Israel and Palestine at the moment, throw in Syria and the regional backlash could easily get out of hand. With Russia already having a Naval base in Syria there is some responsibility for this nation to take the lead in sorting out the ongoing hostilities. Sounds like US, NATO is preparing to step in if Russia does fail in its leadership.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Israel can't fight its own wars nor does it have the guts. Peres was saying recently that the burden of Iran should lie on the superpowers, meaning the USA. As in getting the USA to do its dirty work for them. Gutless they are.

Thats kind of what I figured, but just trying to understand the inner workings of a cnn analyst. Surely an msm mouthpiece cant say israel is weak, so they must instead be talking about israel as the 'little brother' that cant go to a fight, but even that is ridiculing israel, so instead cnn buries their heads in the sand and says 'out of the question' and move on. It must be nice to simply use that phrase. Should we bomb iran? Out of the question. Should we invade syria? Out of the question. Ha i kinda like this.

If anyone wants to correct me on my thinking feel free to try.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
There is already enough tension between Israel and Palestine at the moment, throw in Syria and the regional backlash could easily get out of hand. With Russia already having a Naval base in Syria there is some responsibility for this nation to take the lead in sorting out the ongoing hostilities. Sounds like US, NATO is preparing to step in if Russia does fail in its leadership.

Since Russia vetoed the UN resolution they wont be invading Syria, so I dont see any ifs to if Russia will invade Syria, they were already clear they wont.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The first article has some interestin info, but mixed with heavy propaganda to get the reader into the mindset of "we need to do something!", totally ignoring the "whys" of the situation. Why is this happening now? Who started it and why? Why should outsiders intervene at all? But most importantly, why not help the Assad regime instead of the CIA/MOSSAD planted terrorists called "the rebels"? Get the answers to these questions, and the propaganda in that article is apparent. Surely, most people are not stupid enough to swallow the same BS as they did with Libya, especially after the truth came out about the Libyan war when Gaddhaffi was murdered.

The second article is not very current... alot has happened since then.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah, israel does not fight wars.
They get big brother to fight them for them.
They are constantly on guard against children that might throw rocks into israel via Gaza.
Plus there are some areas over there that I'd imagine would not like israelis on their soil.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Since Russia vetoed the UN resolution they wont be invading Syria, so I dont see any ifs to if Russia will invade Syria, they were already clear they wont.

It is clear that there are big problems in Syria. Taking the body count from 5000 to 50 000 with an invasion does have some problems in addressing the situation in a responsible way, not to mention all the social infrastructure destruction and resulting power vacuum.

There is also some disagreement in the global media about the actual cause of the problems going on. The first step in fixing any problems are to clearly identify them, not an easy job in a war zone.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Its a warzone because the elite are causing riots through the xtremist terror cells, which causes the confusion in the media because they are not allowed to report on the obvious truth that these revolutions are an age old tactic to bring in regime change. And you are right, if nato or the UN gets involved there will be more deaths than just 5000, hypocrisy at its worst.

new topics

top topics

join