It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New WikiLeaks Drop Alleges That Sweden's Foreign Minister Has Been A US Spy Since The 1970s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

New WikiLeaks Drop Alleges That Sweden's Foreign Minister Has Been A US Spy Since The 1970s

www.businessinsider.com

Bildt is alleged to have reported to Karl Rove, the former advisor to George W. Bush, in the document — Bildt has publicly admitted he meets with Rove but in an informal manner. However, the document reportedly reveals he has acted as an "informer" to the US government since 1973.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If this turns out to be true, it is interesting to me on several levels. The obvious being the "infiltration" and/or collusion between appointed officials of a sovereign state and the U.S. intelligence apparatus. It is not much of a stretch to imagine that if this is true for Sweden, then in how many other countries does this situation exist.

The second concerns the (alleged) fact that this person reported to non other than Karl Rove. Now, Mr. Rove is not an elected official, and, in fact, is officially nothing other than a political advisor.

Does this recent allegation somehow implicate Rove with American intelligence? It may sound far fetched, but it has been the modus operandi of the CIA for decades to infiltrate decisional positions in government and politics, yes, in foreign countries, but more importantly, on home soil.

One to keep a close eye on for sure.

the Billmeister

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is exactly why TPTB wanted to charge Assange with 'sexual crimes' - so that any future leaks from him or wikileaks can be written off as a 'smear campaign' from him as retaliation. That's the first defense Bildt jumps too, and I'm sure we'll hear the same from Rove.

I say ignore the straw man personal attacks and consider the pending leaked document on it's own merit.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I wouldn't be too surprised if ALL the various intelligence agencies--even our "enemies"--work together to their mutual benefit... It simply makes sense. If your jobs depend on political and military conflict, then why not make sure every one stays in business? It's a win-win relationship. And then, if ever anything get too serious, it'd be easy to pull the plug or just defect.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I would not be surprised in the slightest. Every nation has spies to some degree. There will be Americans also working for Sweden so it all evens out in the end!

It has been this way for as long as there have been nations.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Flavian because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Has he fled the country yet? Run rabbit run, your going away for the rest of your life if you dont. HAHAHAHA

Yes it does sounds like Karl Rove is CIA doesnt it.

PS its well known that the intelligence agencies fund these political youth groups, they raise them from grass roots, it is believed Tony Blair is/was MI5, I suspect the Torys put him there when the scandals started to look like they could bring down the governement.

Tony Blair brought us new Labour or as we like to call it Tory

EDIT and indeed Karl Rove came up through "Teenage Republicans"

edit on 24-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

You mean the same Karl Rove that called the Iowa caucus and said they had an agreement who won. Not who really won. Or the same Karl Rove who has on the front of his web page about a brokered deal for the Republican Nomination. The same Karl Rove who 3 weeks after George Bush SR. announced He was having Rove investigated did a 180 and chose Rove to he the head of the college Republicans. Rove has been the Bushs shadow ever since. The same Karl Rove who has been subpoenaed one several occasions about wrong doings by Congress and has a habit of not showing up. The same Karl Rove who on March 9 2008 while at the University of Iowa two students attempted to perform a citizens arrest for crimes they alleged he committed while in the George Bush administration. These are just a few examples of Karl Rove and his past. It reads like a whose who of criminality. Could he be a CIA mover and shaker? I don't see how he couldn't be.

top topics

join