It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supported Browsers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Im using Mozilla Firefox and am finding that the post layout is a little out of wack. Some items dont line up and others appear to overlap parts of the thread structure. Also some posts seem to leave a blank gap before the actual post text starts.

Its not bad, the forum is readable and they are only minor anomalies, but I'm just wondering whether the development of this site favoured a browser such as IE and whether other browsers had been tested thoroughly for use in viewing ATS.

(edited for spelling)

[edit on 19-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have used all kind of browsers with ATS : IE, Netscape, Opera, Firefox. I didn't have any problems with any of the browers.

Probably your config of the browser, try setting it to default or using a different skin.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I do notice there is alot of black space above and below posts in firefox. That, and the chat plugins are unavailable (and therefore I have to use IE to enter into the chatroom).

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Actually, I think my browser is as default as it can be. I havn't really changed anything since installing it some time ago. I guess what I am seeing is the way it is supposed to be.

Your above text, for instance, is centred right in the middle of the space your whole post takes up, and is sectioned off by a brownish line above it and below. Yet my text is flush up against the top of my post space right under the subject area. Perhaps all people see their own posts this way?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Esoterica, I am in the chat room now and am using Firefox. Maybe you just need to install the Java plugin for this browser?

I cant actually remember needing to download a plugin for Java, but I may have.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Esoterica, I am in the chat room now and am using Firefox. Maybe you just need to install the Java plugin for this browser?

It says I need to download the plugin. When I click to download, it says none are available.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Doesn't firefox come with java, I never installed it either.

Cargo concerning your previous post, try then using a differnent skin and playing around with options and stuff.

SMR

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Im using FF 1.0pr and I can use the chat just fine.
As for the blank spots before a post starts,I believe it is due to the avatars people use.
I notice if someone does not have one,the post starts at the very top.
If someone has an avatar,it starts alot lower.
Other than that,I have no issues at all.Well other than when people post large images and it makes the board scroll left and right,but thats only when large images are posted.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
ok I will have a play around.

Esoterica, you are probably better off downloading an executable java file than allowing the browser to search and download one.

I believe Sun now own Java.

SMR

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
plugindoc.mozdev.org...
More specific,
plugindoc.mozdev.org...-java

And a quick note:

Can I use Microsoft's Java VM?

No. There is not a Netscape-compatible plugin for the Microsoft Java VM. In any case, the Microsoft Java VM has been discontinued, and the Sun Java VM should be used instead.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
By the way, where do you change your forum theme/skin? Cant find it in Edit Profile.

EDIT: Oh you mean browser skin perhaps. But in and case, are we stuck with the one ATS theme?

top topics

join