It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE ATS but I'm addicted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm going to be completely honest. This website has gone from a true conspiracy site to a complete farce. Maybe it is because I have gotten older and wiser since the day I joined but nearly everything I read on here is laughable.

I think the majority of members now are probably under 21 with little real factual knowledge of the world that we live in. There are so many threads about the end of the World, chemtrails, reptilians, hollow Earth etc. that just make me want to smash my face into my keyboard.

Does anyone here live in the real world? IT IS NOT ALL BAD! People need to get a break from the internet and look around and realise that maybe what they see is what they get. Yes there is a lot of crap in the world, yes there are lies, corruption and untruths but not all of what we see in here. The world is a beautiful place. If you have never left the country you were born in, you won't be able to accept this.

It seems that misery and paranoia have become hobbies to many members here and I am close to leaving to pursue reality as a full time career. I have been a member since 2006 and my daily fix of UFO stories and world affairs is now becoming flooded with absolute uneducated rubbish but I would miss this site if I left never to return again. I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm sure I will. If only a couple of people read this, step back and think 'wait a minute' maybe I have been wrong about this', then I will have achieved something.

Please everyone, for your own sakes, if you worry about a conspiracy you believe in on a daily basis, think about what it is doing to you and whether it is really realistic? Is it worth devoting your life to worrying about something that might not be true. You only live once and what a waste of time if you realise this too late.

Everyone here is the same, we are all humans, all naive to some extent and all a bit crazy. Remember who you are, where you came from and what you want from life, FORGET ABOUT CONSPIRACY.

50/50

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We can shake hands, i agree. I used to love this site but as of late i've seen some things of piss poor quality and persons with the attitude to match.
Was a lurker for years and have spent many hours reading thrue well researched threads and enjoying the conversations that followed. Not needing to wade thrue endless one-liners, troll remarks or the 'I'M FUNNY! give me stars' remarks.
I signed up to join in the discussion and share my ideas, make a thread or 2 and just enjoy and learn. Now not so much, i rarely post anymore. And the desire to make threads is gone, sadly.

The 'my stick is bigger then yours' mentality on this forum is appalling. Don't get me started about the forum topics they seem to consist of only a few topics: Ron Paul vs no Ron Paul, Iran, god vs no god, economic issues and a random video of a blip in the sky with no futher backstory. Starting to look like a politics discussion forum instead of a conspiracy forum.

Still i keep comming back hoping to find a great thread to dive into, and i still find them from time to time just not as frequent as before. maybe it's because of the increase of members and threads, more people is more random crap.

This site is unique keep it that way.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree that you often have to "hitch up those waders" to navigate this site and the threads contained here. But, that being said, it is also my opinion that needing those waders in the first place is part of what makes this site what it is. You say you come here for the world news and your ufo fix. I come here for alternative news and my hollow earth fix. We each may have different interests, but we are fortunate enough to have this site which caters to all of them.

However...I too have noticed that politics seems to have taken over as of late. But, one must remember that this is a big election year in the US, and the entire political scene worldwide seems to be in an uproar of sorts, so of course there are people who are going to want to discuss these things because rather than ufo's or hollow earth, they need a political conspiracy fix. So while I will admit that I'm sick of seeing political threads, I realise that those threads do for some folks what hollow earth threads do for me and what ufo threads do for you.

And finally, I agree that there seem to be some very young folks hanging out here. And while I support that whole-heartedly (it means they are reading and thinking and questioning their world which I think is good), I do wish they would at least take note that this is a grown-up place on the interwebs, and their behavior here should reflect that. Rather than acting like a teenager with an attitude problem, it would be soooo nice if they would buck up and show us they can be mature and responsible in their online conduct. Even better, they could strive to write better posts that actually convey some meaning relevant to the topic, use a dictionary and proofread before they post. Actually, I think every member here would do well to do so (myself included - I know I'm not perfect!).

But overall, I love ATS for what it is, good and bad alike.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree!

Let's send out those positive waves, man.

top topics

join