It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Karzai Wants Americans Tried for Quran Incident; Will Obama Defend Troops?

page: 4
7
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 



Thanks to Barack Obama’s failure to lead


And that is where I stopped reading. Trolls, some are more obvious than others.




posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Obama will bow down to his knees and kiss theier arses.


Have you spent one day in a warzone?



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well that karzai fellow is full of it.

Obama should have call for karzai head on a silver platter.

Old karzai is playing both sides of the fence just like the pacs were.

He will mess up to and get caught wait and see.

And on top of that one of the correct ways to dispose of the quran is

to burn the thing.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
But lies written on paper could kill untold millions, and your OK with that.

Sure.. But then again I am not a Muslim and I dont follow the Quran. So your observation here should be directed at those who follow that religion.


Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Revealing.

And yet people are so completely blind by their hatred, like you, that its only revealing after the body count.


Originally posted by Tw0Sides
By the way the untold millions would have nothing to do with this incident either.

Yet Muslims defile their own religion and continually push for the slaughter of Jews in the Middle East.

Here is a hint and take it for what its worth. The US / Western countries would have no reason to be in the ME if they could get their act together. We would have no reason to be there if Muslims would just kill themselves, instead of trying to force their religion on everyone else. I could go on but I won't since its fairly obvious the issues stem from a 9th century mindset in a 21st century world.

The more and more Islam comes at the West, the more there going to continue getting their asses handed to them.

If



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4


Deny ignorance.

We didn't defile the Koran, the terrorists who wrote in it did.

According to Islam a proper way of disposing of a defiled Koran is burning it. Much like the proper way of disposing of an American flag.

Your Muslim apologist angle is sickening.

 


I was talking about being responsible for crimes committed on foreign soil, nothing to do with Muslims or whatever, learn to read before spewing insults and garbage.
edit on 26/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk
 


Aren't the Taliban committing crimes on foreign soil as well? Not all members of the Taliban or Al Queida for hat matter are Afghan citizens?



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Whether Taliban, Afghan, Russian, European, American, Australian or wherever, if you EXPECT a citizen of another country to respect your laws, and punish them when they do not, then when one of your citizens commits a crime in their countries, it is only fair they are punished according to those laws, no matter how bizarre.

EDIT: That being said, I do not condone stonings, executions, or any other barbaric forms of punishment....but if you are in a country where it happens, then it really is your own stupid fault if you get yourself into that predicament.
edit on 26/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If American soldiers were tried in the local courts of the countries whose laws they violate, there would be lots more consideration of those laws among American servicemen. Instead of bringing them back to America for a mock trial or mock court martial.



posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
LOL He calls Muslims evil..




posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Whether Taliban, Afghan, Russian, European, American, Australian or wherever, if you EXPECT a citizen of another country to respect your laws, and punish them when they do not, then when one of your citizens commits a crime in their countries, it is only fair they are punished according to those laws, no matter how bizarre.

EDIT: That being said, I do not condone stonings, executions, or any other barbaric forms of punishment....but if you are in a country where it happens, then it really is your own stupid fault if you get yourself into that predicament.
edit on 26/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)


They should have thought ab out those consequences when they killed more than 3k people on 9/11.



posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.gmic.gov.af...

Evidently the US may have agreed to trying those responsible for burning the Korans.This won't sit well at home, not to mention among the troops. Who is going to be tried those that gave the order or those that carried out the order? Maybe both ?

But they won't do s**t to get the individual who shot and killed 2 Americans inside the Ministry of Interior or the one who threw a grenade wounding 7 soldiers. Or to the Taliban who are now claiming they poisioned the food supply.

www.foxnews.com...



posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Fine. When do we get trails for those who burn bibles, the writings of Darwin/Dawkins, or other religious texts? Or is this really just more Chamberlainian appeasement?



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am getting really tired of this. President Karzai should do well to remember that he is only in power because British and American troops are there stopping the Taliban from taking over the country again and who would probably kill him the instant they got back into power. Not only that but many brave soldiers have died in the fighting the Taliban as well.

So some Holy Quarans were burnt. Obama et al has apologised. There is no need for the rioting, murder and bombing of soldiers and barracks. A peaceful protest, absolutely, but not this barbaric behaviour! It seems to me that a lot of Afgans are ungrateful. I am all for bringing the troops home. Why should soldiers lay down their lives with attitudes like this. Once the troops are out, the Taliban will re emerge, take over the country and the Afgan people will live in fear and oppression again and demand help. But in my opinion they dont deserve it if they and President Karzai are going to behave in a selfish, demanding and ungrateful manner. I am finding it hard to make ends meet at the moment, I have not had a proper pay rise in over three years. Why? Because my money is being diverted to fund the war effort. I desparelty need my money. And my country needs the money to get itself out of debt. Perhaps Karzai can think about that before making selfish demands!



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra



Im getting tired of the forced PC when it comes to Extremist Islam and the radical savages who defile their own religion.


Then the conditioning is working. This is all an exercise to undo the last century or so of social development.



posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Nobody will be tried. What they did is not a crime by American law. It was stupid and shouldn't have happened, but it's not against the law and there's no way something like this is going to get prosecuted on American troops. Just won't happen.

Karzai knows this, but he has to say the right things for his own internal political situation. If he doesn't say this sort of thing it will make him look bad to his own people. They know he can't really push Americans around too much, but as long as he's seen to be standing up to us it makes him look good in their eyes.



posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
www.gmic.gov.af...

Evidently the US may have agreed to trying those responsible for burning the Korans.This won't sit well at home, not to mention among the troops. Who is going to be tried those that gave the order or those that carried out the order? Maybe both ?

But they won't do s**t to get the individual who shot and killed 2 Americans inside the Ministry of Interior or the one who threw a grenade wounding 7 soldiers. Or to the Taliban who are now claiming they poisioned the food supply.

www.foxnews.com...


Maybe now you can disabuse yourself of any illusions that the federal government gives a # for an enlisted man.



posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Nobody will be tried. What they did is not a crime by American law. It was stupid and shouldn't have happened, but it's not against the law and there's no way something like this is going to get prosecuted on American troops. Just won't happen.

Karzai knows this, but he has to say the right things for his own internal political situation. If he doesn't say this sort of thing it will make him look bad to his own people. They know he can't really push Americans around too much, but as long as he's seen to be standing up to us it makes him look good in their eyes.


This is not clear at all. These troops were not on American soil, and it seems obvious that they have to obey Afghani law when in Afghanistan.



posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou
 


Actually they aren't under Afghanistan law. They are covered under a status of forces agreement.

Still nothing about the Muslims who wrote in the books when its forbidden to do so.. They have killed 4 service members who were not even involved in the Quran issue.. Again I see no actions to bring those people to justice.

What this incident has shown is that the Taliban has more influence and control over the people than the government does. Once we withdraw, its going to go back to the way its always been.

sad.



posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33
 


"who gives a crap it is a book it is not the word of god"

Apparently the locals give an amalgamation of crap.. you know, the folks who live there.. but who cares what they want, eh?.. certainly not the GOP & DNC mafioso gangsters. Scores of people who call themselves "Americans" would lose their collective sphincter fortitude if a brown person burned a red, white and blue colored cloth on a stick..aka US flag...right?.. so what the difference?..

People all over the planet have irrational programmed affinity for easily replaceable inanimate objects..

"si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre; si fueris alibī, vīvitō sicut ibi"

...learn it, know it..live it... or not, no skin off my back.. watching " the man" fail in Afpak-Iraq-istan is a win for locals & their self determination.

"“if you were in Rome, live in the Roman way; if you are elsewhere, live as they do there"
en.wiktionary.org...



posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by HattoriHanzou
 


Actually they aren't under Afghanistan law. They are covered under a status of forces agreement.

Still nothing about the Muslims who wrote in the books when its forbidden to do so.. They have killed 4 service members who were not even involved in the Quran issue.. Again I see no actions to bring those people to justice.

What this incident has shown is that the Taliban has more influence and control over the people than the government does. Once we withdraw, its going to go back to the way its always been.

sad.


You are misinterpreting this, in my opinion. If the Commander in Chief, or his subordinate officers in the armed forces, cared about the enlisted men and women they would hunt the criminals down regardless of whether or not Karzai decided to act on his own. This should be proof to every soldier that his own government views him as a meatbag.

And if you think we are ever going to totally withdraw, you should see how fortified the Kabul embassy is. It's the same as Iraq - we will "withdraw" but simultaneously increase the number of acknowledged or unacknowledged mercenary and undercover government forces stationed there.



new topics




 
7
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join