It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Muslims become Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone

A couple of threads today that i read out of interest.

Not one of his bones will be broken
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Antique bible turns up in Turkey
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok first of, i must say that
ive never believed in religion, even as a small child (couple of relatives in the early 80s got involved with jehova)

Now with my limited knowledge of religions i have tried to understand and remember what i have read, but its difficult
(if ilove a subject i will soak it up like a sponge, non interest is hard to digest)

So far just with them 2 threads it shows (to me) and all other stuff ive read, that all religions have similaritys.
I wont go into detail here (dont want to cause a war)

Im thinking now, with new discoverys on everything from space to new species
maybe in the near future religions can be merged into one, and eliminating these petty arguments over whom god is who.

After a short search of the wonderful web looking for more similaritys
i came across an interesting site

Why Muslims become Christians
www.answering-islam.org...

This is a good read of personal stories of why and how people have turned from 1 religion to another
this a little extract from the first story

JOURNEY AS A MUSLIM:

General background: I was born and raised in an Arab-Muslim country. My parents and their forefathers were Muslims for generations. When I was born, my father named me after his ancestor, the prophet Muhammad. I grew up in an Islamic environment from all sides, surrounded by Muslims. I attended national schools, which are pro-Islamic, from elementary to high school and even to college. During my growing and educational journey, I received a balanced Islamic education at every level. When I reached adulthood, I was a very typical Muslim, who has tremendous zeal for his religion and culture. I was very proud of my identity to the point of looking down on all non-Muslims. I was anti-Western (Christians) and I hated the Jews. My encounters with Christians had some tremendous impacts on my life, both positive and negative. However, I was determined to be a Muslim.

New idea: While I was totally hopeless and all my plans were screwed up, a bright idea appeared. An acquaintance advised me to associate with Christians perhaps they would help me. He assured me that unlike the Muslim brothers, Christians would help me and even provide me a job. Regardless of my sentiments against Christianity and Christians (Westerners), I decided to follow the friend's advice, to go to Church and to try my chance.

New plan: I had no proper idea about Churches and the difference between them. Anyway, my motive wasn't to look for a new religion or God but finding a way to exit from my turmoil. One Sunday morning, I found a church in the newspaper. I went and I attended their service, it was very different from what I expected but I enjoyed it. During that first visit I didn't make any friends, but within a few weeks I made several. Most of the Christians there were friendly and nice to everyone. They welcomed me at their Church services and at their home gatherings, even though I told them that I was a Muslim. Out of curiosity, I joined several of their activities. My bad attitude toward Christians began to change and I began to appreciate them. The job didn't remain as the highest reason for me going to that Church but mostly the friendship with the people. I also began to think about converting them to Islam.

False conversion: After exploring the church for awhile, for several wrong motives, I decided to convert to Christianity and call myself a Christian. It was an outward conversion, but in the inside I was still a Muslim and the same old person. When I got baptized and immediately after my coming out of the water, I secretly confessed in my heart the Muslim's Shahadah (There is no God but Allah Muhammad prophet of Allah). However, only God and I knew what was really in my heart at that time.

Like i said i dont believe in religion
but this site is a realy good insight from personal testiments
cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Hi Dave, interesting thought you've brought up!

I can safely say it is possible, based on what you've posted about Muslims turning to Christianity, I actually know a few people who were Christian and converted to Islam!

It wouldn't be a bad idea if proposed, if people only work past the minor /insignificant details, they will find there is so many overwhelming similarities. All religions are tied, I mean all share the same miraculous figures, hell and heaven, prayer etc etc

Thanks for sharing brain food.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

hya
thx for your reply
i only posted this because ive got past the thinking of:
will i be ridiculed for lack of info on religion
will i flamed anyway by a troll
but i knew at least a couple of people will like it
cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hmmm... like The First Amalgamated Church in Futurama?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Hmmm... like The First Amalgamated Church in Futurama?

en.wikipedia.org...

hi datroof

thx for the link, just read
brilliant
especially the reference to planet of the apes (always loved them films)
i think that even sugests that 1 religion has split into several others
just makes you think
the more we learn
the little we know
cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
People get bored and unsatisfied with things, so they change. Like a haircut.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You have any links as to why christian become atheists?

Muslims become Hindu?

Hindu become muslims?

Christians become hindu?

Atheists become christians?

Etc. etc.?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
it wouldn't surprise me at all if a muslem became a christian considering they already believe in the prophets of the bible, the only thing that would separate them from a christian would be sharia law and the rejection of Muhammad being the last prophet

"According to Islamic belief, Allah has sent various Prophets to the world at different times and different places to guide the people on the righteous path. The names of the following Prophets are mentioned in the Holy Quran: Adam, Sheth, Idris, Nuh (Noah), Hud, Salih, Lut, Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail, Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Shuaib, Dawud (David), Sulaiman (Solomon), Ilyas, Al-Yasa (Elisha), Musa (Moses), Aziz (Ubair or Ezra), Ayyub (Job), Dhul-Kifl (Isaih or Kharqil Bin Thauri), Yunus (Jonah), Zakariya (Zachariah), Yahya (John the Baptist), Isa (Jesus Christ) and Muhammad.
Prophet Muhammad is considered as the messenger of Allah and the last of all Prophets who restored Islam to its pristine purity."

www.culturopedia.com...
edit on 24-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
You have any links as to why christian become atheists?

Muslims become Hindu?

Hindu become muslims?

Christians become hindu?

Atheists become christians?

Etc. etc.?

alright mate
calm down will you
i dont know have the answers ok
im just posting an observation
peace
dave

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
alright mate
calm down will you
i dont know have the answers ok
im just posting an observation
peace
dave
I am calm. No hostility here.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Muslims under Sharia Law are not allowed to leave Islam on pain of death. Anyone who converts will be in hiding for the rest of their lives...try boasting about that conversion in front of hard core Muslims...see if that faith holds.

new topics

top topics

join