It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space ball: UFO shocks Brazilians (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ah ha! Here we go:

"For anyone wondering what it actually is, it's likely a 39-litre hydrazine bladder tank (based on its apparent size; there are also much larger hydrazine tanks). They're used on unmanned rockets for satellite launches, which would explain why they're falling down in such a specific geographic footprint."

gawker.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There was a report the other day on ATS telling about a Satellite in danger of falling on earth, with the same kind of fuel on board, so they decided to fire a low orbit rocket at it to destroy it.

So danger for people on the ground would be minimized.

I guess the space powers that be didn`t find Brazil important enough to intercept this one.

Or the Brazilian government did not wanted to pay ;-)

Edit: Added link to ATS post

Shot down satelite
edit on 24-2-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The best thing to do with anything that falls from space is to pick it up and start banging on it

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by judus

smh it can be contaminated and they are touching it. Maybe a part of some of the falling materials of recent like uars satellites and others. Makes me thing maybe there is large amounts of radiation up there shorting things out. nice catch OP

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Atzil321
A few questions that come to mind when looking at this thing.

1, Why do they not show the impact crater on the video? An object this size striking the ground would create a large hole 'if it came from orbit'.

2, It looks like it is made of aluminium. Aluminum rarely survives re-entry, and even if it did it would be vapourized on impact... This thing does not have a single dent on it.

The most likely explanation is a hoax, the village idiot having a laugh at the at the expense of others
Or a nutter from the next town over built himself a catapult/cannon and launched this thing out of it. There is no chance this object came through the earth's atmosphere, nonsense.

Actually, a hollow spherical object made of titanium would not make a large crater. When an object re-enters Earth's atmosphere from orbit velocity, it still travels "forward" much faster than it travels"downward". After passing through the various layers of atmosphere (the stages where heat damage are present), the object succumbs to gravity and eventually plummets faster "downward" than "forward". Upon reaching terminal velocity, the crater would be no larger if the object fell from space, or was dropped from a high enough building.

Shouldn't it be a lot more burnt looking, blackened?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Depends if it was part of something else and this something else burned away partially exposing this sphere and causing the burning on this.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They have these things on display at an Aerospace facility as well as Los Angeles Air Force Base.

Aerospace calls 'em "space junk" for kicks, but the little placards explain from which satellite they came and it's purpose.

Looks a lot like "space junk" to me. Then again, I only clean toilets, so I only know crap!

Zing!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Threads about metal spheres from the skies have been posted a bajillion times..

This is a tank used for holding fuel ( hydrazine ) on satellites.. do you have any idea how many satellites circle the planet? in 1997 the count was around 25,000 ... so honestly I'm not very surprised by this ..

Wake me up when thousands of these satellites start dropping their fuel tanks at once.. can you imagine?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by judus

judus,
Thank you for your post! This is a cool article. I don't know how I would feel if I saw a huge metal sphere plunging from the sky, but if it didn't hit me or my car I'd be alright I guess, jk

I do second the proposed idea on questioning the existence of an unknown number of satellites orbiting us than we do know of, and one being old or at its end, or even malfunctioning, is back here with us!
I think this is fascinating, but do hate knowing since the military has taken it for testing and evaluation, that we most likely never hear what it was! Dang! Well, most likely this is the first of many events to come, maybe we will find out for ourselves. Giant Metal Spheres falling to Earth coming to a City Near You!
Thank you for posting and sharing this article, these are the types of things I love to read!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

There's over 25,000 known satellites orbiting the planet.. you bring up the interesting point of unknown numbers of others.. black op, spy satellites.. etc .. nevertheless.. 25,000 - 30,000 rather large bulky metal things circling the globe .. most of which are in a gradually decaying orbit .. is a scary proposition! .. one day someone is going to be very unlucky and be walking down the street only to be clobbered by a chunk of metal from the sky ..

or woke up in the middle of the night by one crashing through their roof and into the ground.. I've heard of that happening with meteors ..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Hey instead of derailing everyone else why not answer what I posted? I'd like to see your spin on the pic's I posted.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's the planet Nibiru!
Now we can all relax knowing how small it really was.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by miniatus

Hey instead of derailing everyone else why not answer what I posted? I'd like to see your spin on the pic's I posted.

Well my spin is:
1. what's it's scrap value?
2. how much should I ask for it if I list it on eBay?
3. What's the big deal? It's oviously fallen out of orbit and looks manmade.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

no... no... no it is Optimus Prime's urine droplets. You know the Autobots from Transformers. Just my early morning point of view..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So it's a hydrazine bladder tank? Good, thought it was something else. Those pictures make it appear nasty to touch.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
after you watch the video scroll down to the comment theres a link for nasa that shows,a picture of what it is its part of a shuttle.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There was a story very similar to this not long ago at all somewhere else, turned out to be very mundane. This looks like the same thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
At the end of the day you can see its man made, it is bloody strong to only have superficial scarring but deffo one of ours and has been identified as to what part it is many times over.

Thread now needs closing as the title is now misleading..

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I think I have seen something similar inside the Vatican??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join