It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space ball: UFO shocks Brazilians (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
nice christmas tree ball jajajajjaja

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Maybe this could be related with big bang heard on the Hawaiian islands...? I looked at the path of flight on Google maps , maybe this debris reentry started above Hawaii and plunged into Brazil,

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They should built Space Shuttles out of this material..

No problem with heat shield tiles

No problem with crash landings.

Ideal stuff.

I smell a conspiracy.. ;-)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

By the way...Hydrazine Bladder Tank is apparently made from EPDM...or rubber This thing in the video sounds metalic in nature...

The tank is a bladder tank... A titanium tank, with a rubber bladder inside. The bladder is pressurized with a gas, such as nitrogen and has the job of pushing the hydrazine out of the tank, no matter what position it is in during rocket ascent.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

The space shuttle would have certainly burned up without heat tiles.

The reason that these tanks survive is that they are not very heavy in relation to their surface area. Feather vs rock falling thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by judus

That thing looks like an old toilet flush ball. It must belong to a crappy satellite.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not like I give too much credit to this kakkerlaks but this must be the same:

COPV

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
For those not too familiar with Titanium:

Titanium

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Dodgy stuff Hydrazine, they're lucky none of the liquid escaped. What scares me most is the fact it survived re-entry, if it had split on impact we would be looking at a few dead villagers. If memory serves me well 3-5 parts per million of this stuff can be fatal,

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

If there were a few dead villagers we would never hear of the ball hitting the earth. There would have been a coverup by the agencies that put these things into orbit. Everyone knows how things work.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The metal drill looking thing on the top is interesting...

I do believe the guy who said its a bladder tank filled with Nitrogen is right. If that metal ball was filled with nitrogen and fell at terminal velocity and made that crater of color, perhaps the nitrogen stained the ground with blue, purple, and violet. If it can change the color of light, which is a wave and a PARTICLE, and the earth is made up of PARTICLES, it should have the same general concept, right? When its connected with light, it still a wave, so its free-form. but the earth is solid, so if those particles got excited when it hit the ground at terminal velocity, mixed with the gas that was more than likely emitted after impact, by theory, perhaps the stains around the impact crater were cause by Nitrogen?

Nitrogen glow. Electrical discharge in air. Particle beam from a cyclotron. The ionized-air glow is the emission of characteristic blue–purple–violet light, of color ...

edit on 24-2-2012 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

As for the part as to why its in tact; The inside is rubber with pressurized gas, think of a pressurized raquetball coated in metal hitting the ground. If the metal is in fact titanium(which more than likely it is), it would make sure the pressurized raquetball survived re-entry.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
space cannonballs....
2nd
edit on 24-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That's one of Optimus primes' balls. Debunked.

Says the debunker.

Actually nobody here knows what it is nor will we know. Period.
But go on, debunk my professional friends we need your knowledge and wisdom upon this ball o steal.

If you got the balls...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Looks to me in the closeup photograph it appears as if something burned it's way out chemically on one end. Note the odd doscolorations and drip trails outward.

I also noticed in this does appear to be man made. Notice in this vidcap there is a collet ring in the middle of the nozzle and a snap ring that connects it to the assembly to the sphere.

edit on 24-2-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
maybe thats where ufos put their poop and then eject it out the ship. kinda like joe dirt's giant poop metor

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe its a U.S. Sphere holding a deadly virus that will spread cross the country killing millions

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Something like this one

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by judus

I wonder if this is the foreshadow of the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still"?

edit on 24-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So whose liable if one of these falls on your house? You? lol.

Space debris insurance anyone?
edit on 24-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ah ha! Here we go:

"For anyone wondering what it actually is, it's likely a 39-litre hydrazine bladder tank (based on its apparent size; there are also much larger hydrazine tanks). They're used on unmanned rockets for satellite launches, which would explain why they're falling down in such a specific geographic footprint."

gawker.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join