It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not one of his bones will be broken"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

"The crux of the Old Testament covenant was burnt animal/human sacrifice to the demon, YHWH in exchange for material wealth and earthly power."

Experience the epiphany of discovering the original Greek/Latin definition of the word, "holocaust".

Jesus said:

"If you do not fast from the world, you will not find the (Father's) kingdom."

"Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of that person the world is not worthy."

"How miserable is the body that depends on a body, and how miserable is the soul that depends on these two."

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I see what you're getting at, but I'm not sure how it addresses the OP which questions the claim in John... that Jesus' unbroken bones fulfilled certain scripture.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

"I'm not sure what your background is, considering you called the God of the Old Testament a "demon".
I'm sure many Christians would disagree with you."

Those who live in the Holy Spirit are free to see the truth.
Those who profess to be Christians and are not will curse like demons in the face of God.

2Peter 2:

20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by 1nOne

I see what you're getting at, but I'm not sure how it addresses the OP which questions the claim in John... that Jesus' unbroken bones fulfilled certain scripture.

Matthew 5

17“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18“For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19“Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20“For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus came to die, to shed His blood for our sins. God does rescue His servants, in this case His servant's mission was to die for man's sins. Jesus also knew what was about to happen to Him and He also cried out in the garden. He still went to the cross as the suffering servant. Good news is, He'll never be that again, He's returning in power and glory, as King.

Looks like you are trying to have your cake and eat it.

NO! Jesus came to die for us, all of us.

John 12:27

Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.”

On one hand you agree with Psalm 34, and on the other, you say Jesus was an exception to getting rescued...because his purpose was to "die for mans sins".

It's prophecy, written through the pen of David. The Father was speaking through David about Jesus, yet David was also writing about something current and applicable on a personal level to him. Same with Psalm 22. It reads first person singular from the point of view of Christ hanging on the cross in many parts of it. So accurate the AMA did a report outlining perfectly the cause of death as asphyxiation by death on the cross. Yet it was also written by David for something relevant at his time. Prophecy is pattern, not "Hey, next Tuesday at 3 pm I tell you there will be a judgment of God on Columbus, Indiana."

Abraham sacrificing Issac was acting out prophecy about Jesus, Moses leading the nation of Israel out of Egypt was a picture of Christ. The Passover. Moses and the brass serpent was a picture of Christ that Christ links Himself to specifically in the gospels. Moses and Joshua pictures Christ, and on, and on, and on. Everything pictures Christ.

Now, the part about Jesus being sent solely to die for mans sins is on shaky ground. But heres a way to test whether or not Jesus died for mans sins...

I already have a test. Jesus said at the last supper that He was dying for mans sins. He said in John 12:27 that that's the entire reason he came to Earth, for "this hour".

If dying for mans sins was Jesus' mission, then was there ANYBODY in the NT who, after witnessing the risen Jesus, ever state that Jesus died for their sins?

Paul, Peter, James, Jude, John, Matthew.

Did Jesus himself say he died for peoples sins?

Didn't you read all of my post earlier? Jesus says exactly that at the last supper, that's the cup of wine. He said it was symbolic of the blood He would shed for the remission of sins of many. Look, lol, these Jewish people knew the significance of the Passover lamb sacrifice.

The answer is NO.

You're wrong, Jesus Himself says so at the last supper when He begins the new covenant.

The people who saw him were shocked, scared, amazed, joyous... but nobody ever stated any belief that Jesus died for their sins....nothing that even resembles the christian doctrine of sin sacrifice.

Jesus says so Himself! What are you talking about. Go read that Matthew account of the last supper again, you missed something! Heck, Jesus and the Father gave a perfect illustration in the OT story of Moses and the brass serpent. For people that needed "pictures" in their books.

People were rebelling against God and He sent poisonous snakes, anyone who was bit died. The people pleaded w/ Moses to ask God to help them, and God agrees. But instead of not sending the snakes which would have been simple, God tells Moses to erect a brass serpent on a pole. And that everyone who looks at the brass serpent will be healed and will not die.

Brass is the Levitical symbol for Judgment. It can withstand fire. Serpents are the Levitical symbol for sin. So we have "sin"(serpent) judged (brass) and on a cross, and anyone who looked at it was cured (sins forgiven). Jesus even alludes to this very example as being about Him.

edit on 24-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

The crux of the Old Testament covenant was burnt animal/human sacrifice to the demon, YHWH in exchange for material wealth and earthly power.

All those feasts and sacrifices, even the tabernacle in the wilderness pictured Christ.

WHAT? God revealed His proper name as YHWH in the OT. Everywhere there is an all-caps "LORD" in the OT the Hebrew text says "YHWH". What are you talking about??

Eliyahu (Elijah) in Aramaic means: "MY God is YAH" (YHWH) is what's called a "consecrated name" because it held the name of God. Yahushua (Jesus) in Hebrew means "YAH saves" (YHWH), Jesus' name is a consecrated name as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 1nOne

The crux of the Old Testament covenant was burnt animal/human sacrifice to the demon, YHWH in exchange for material wealth and earthly power.

All those feasts and sacrifices, even the tabernacle in the wilderness pictured Christ.

WHAT? God revealed His proper name as YHWH in the OT. Everywhere there is an all-caps "LORD" in the OT the Hebrew text says "YHWH". What are you talking about??

Eliyahu (Elijah) in Aramaic means: "MY God is YAH" (YHWH) is what's called a "consecrated name" because it held the name of God. Yahushua (Jesus) in Hebrew means "YAH saves" (YHWH), Jesus' name is a consecrated name as well.

A person cannot mount two horses or bend two bows.

And a slave cannot serve two masters, otherwise that slave will honor the one and offend the other.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Yes, that's true. but that has nothing to do with Elijah's Aramaic name meaning "My God is YAH". Or the fact that Jesus' Hebrew name means "YAH saves".

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

reply to post by 1nOne

Yes, that's true. but that has nothing to do with Elijah's Aramaic name meaning "My God is YAH". Or the fact that Jesus' Hebrew name means "YAH saves".

Let me ask you this: to what degree of faith do you put in the god of the Freemasons?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne

reply to post by 1nOne

Let me ask you this: to what degree of faith do you put in the god of the Freemasons?

lucifer? None. Which sucks, my dad is a 33 degree Freemason. My faith is in Jesus. Elijah still means "My God is YAH" and Yahshua still means "YAH saves".

Why wont you tell me why that is?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Pontious Pilate wrote "JESUS THE NAZARENE, KING OF THE JEWS". Which in Hebrew read:

"Yahshua Ha'Nazarei W'Melech Ha'Yehudim"

Which in Hebrew acrostics is "YHWH". This pissed off the Pharisees and the Sanhedrin, and they demanded the wording be changed slightly to say "He said, I am the King of the Jews." They wanted the acrostic removed from in front of his cross.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

JUBILEES 49:13
And they shall not cook it with water, nor shall they eat it raw, but roast on the fire: they shall eat it with diligence, its head with the inwards thereof and its feet they shall roast with fire, and not break any bone thereof; for of the children of Israel no bone shall be crushed.

There was already a preexisting concept that linked the suffering servant with the symbolism in the Passover commandment.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NO! Jesus came to die for us, all of us.
John 12:27

Exactly what part of John 12:27 tells you Jesus came to die for all us?

Just How do you read "Jesus died for all of us" in the verse that you quoted.... "But for this purpose I came to this hour"
Please

I already have a test. Jesus said at the last supper that He was dying for mans sins. He said in John 12:27 that that's the entire reason he came to Earth, for "this hour". .

Read above. The " hour" in John 12:27 does not teach christian doctrine about Jesus dying for mans sins... you guys are assigning your own meanings to the term "hour".

Look, lol, these Jewish people knew the significance of the Passover lamb sacrifice.

Sure they did.
But did they associate a Roman execution with their ritualistic passover feast???
No. Christianity does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If dying for mans sins was Jesus' mission, then was there ANYBODY in the NT who, after witnessing the risen Jesus, ever state that Jesus died for their sins?"

Paul, Peter, James, Jude, John, Matthew.

Paul does not count, he is your teacher, not mine... and James does not even write about the crucifxion or the "sin sacrifice".

As for the rest...you mean they all directly acknowledged that Jesus died for their sins?
Please cite specific verses, which show that they did so. Im curious to know...

Heck, Jesus and the Father gave a perfect illustration in the OT story of Moses and the brass serpent. For people that needed "pictures" in their books.

Jesus speaking about the brass snake...
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life."
'
Ok???
So,according to Jesus, who has eternal life? those who simply believe in him? .... or those who believe he died for peoples sins?(as christian doctrine teaches)

YOU are reading in the doctrine of "sin sacrifice" into the brass serpent.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by 1nOne

lucifer? None. Which sucks, my dad is a 33 degree Freemason. My faith is in Jesus. Elijah still means "My God is YAH" and Yahshua still means "YAH saves".

One of the names of the Masonic deity is Jahbulon: Yahweh/Baal/On (Heliopolis).
Now are we compelled to worship this god for the mere fact that YAH prefixes its name?

Do the portly have a greater appetite than the gaunt?

You wrote earlier Jesus had come to die for the sins of mankind.
Is it not more correct to say Jesus came to mankind for the death of sin?

If you are willing, tell me the meaning of the following passage from Matthew:

17“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18“For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19“Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20“For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

In Egypte is standing a Sphinx what means connection The front of Sphinx is a woman, and the end is a lion. So than you know where the Zodiac begins, it start by the woman and end by the lion, the Lion of Judah.

Witness of the stars This has all that matters as what you wrote above, but you can only handle it if you believe that God send His own Son to earth to get all the sin of men of His shoulders and die with it, but that He is risen, from between all they others deads, and live. You will live too as you believe that.. and when you'll believe you get the Holy Spirit and you will understand the Bible.

It is the same if you want to read a PDF-file to read, you need a plugin from Adobe Reader, so your computer can read, similar that you need a plugin and ask God for His wisdom and He'll gave you a plugin named Holy Spirit and than you will understand the Scripture. That easy it is!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by borntowatch

Ignorance is not an excuse......
You talk some ignorant crap some times Scorpion....
Dont you get sick of being wrong and shown you are wrong all the time??

Such grade school taunts are signs that I'm dealing with someone who is incapable of mature discussion. As for being "wrong", I'll admit I'm wrong when someone proves me wrong... using Jesus' words.... not some man-made doctrines or Pauline lies... which has been the case with Pauline Christians on this site ever since I started posting here.

As for John 10:16, I don't see what it has to to do with the very specific subject matter of the OP (regarding about the unbroken bones and fulfilled scripture.) Unless you can explain otherwise, I'm not going to be baited into derailing my own thread.

It was a simple reply to your comment suggesting Jesus didnt come for the Gentiles.
He healed gentiles, forgave their sins and even told the Jews they would reject him as the Messiah and He would go to the Gentiles.
What made Abraham righteous, He was not a Jew. Faith made Abraham the Gentile righteous before God.

"The men of Nineveh will arise at the judgement with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will arise at the judgement with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here." (Matthew 12:41,42; cf. Matthew 11:21-24; 10:15)
By rejecting hatred and revenge, by citing good actions of some Samaritans and Gentiles and by summoning the Jews to repentance and love, Jesus incurred the wrath of many of His countrymen. Along this same pattern He once reminded His countrymen in His own town of Nazareth of two Old Testament incidents: During a famine in Israel the prophet Elijah aided not the widows of Israel but a widow at Zarephath (a Gentile); a little later the prophet Elisha helped not the lepers of Israel but the leper Naaman (a Gentile). Hearing these incidents, Jesus' own countrymen became furious with Him. (Luke 4:25-28)

Our point here, however, is not the furious response. Rather, it is to recall that God directed both of these prophets, great prophets of God to the Children of Israel, to help individual Gentiles. Do not these prophets supply an Old Testament precedent for Jesus' action among a few individual Samaritans and Gentiles?

The following words of Jesus at least partially summarize the direction and content of the series of Old Testament passages noted above:

"I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash teeth." (Matthew 8:11,12)

He entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold and those who bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons; and he would not allow any one to carry anything through the temple. And he taught, and said to them, "Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations?' But you have made it a den of robbers." (Mark 11:15-17)

SEE JESUS IS FOR GENTILES

Now as for your opening post, we dealt with that. Its about the time to come not about walking on this earth.

Hard for a Muslim to swallow. Christians have Jesus the Son in heaven. God the Son, not 70 virgins or whatever, not human secular wealth to rely on.
We have God as our advocate and we will be adopted as His sons

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by 1nOne

One of the names of the Masonic deity is Jahbulon: Yahweh/Baal/On (Heliopolis).
Now are we compelled to worship this god for the mere fact that YAH prefixes its name?

Do the portly have a greater appetite than the gaunt?

You wrote earlier Jesus had come to die for the sins of mankind.
Is it not more correct to say Jesus came to mankind for the death of sin?

If you are willing, tell me the meaning of the following passage from Matthew:

In ascending order, can it not be said of the ten commandments that the least are the first, second and third?
Whoever annuls one of the least and teaches others to do the same action shall enter the kingdom of heaven.
Greater still is the man who keeps (others) and teaches (others) of the Almighty Father who is before YHWH, for his reward is also the kingdom of heaven.

As for YHWH's fifth commandment, "honor your father and mother as the lord your god has commanded you", consider Jesus' response: "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." Luke 14:26 Do you understand why Jesus said this?

The 10 Commandments:

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

1 “You shall have no other gods before me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3 “You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

4 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

6 “You shall not murder.

7 You shall not commit adultery.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor’s house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

It was a simple reply to your comment suggesting Jesus didnt come for the Gentiles.
He healed gentiles, forgave their sins and even told the Jews they would reject him as the Messiah and He would go to the Gentiles.

Are you addressing a statement I had made in a previous thread? It sure looks like it.

I dont deny that Jesus healed individual gentiles, but it also stands on record that
a) Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.
b) Jesus also instructed his disciples to avoid gentile and samaritans.

Its there in the bible, and I'm going to sick by that.
Anyway, this thread is not about Jesus and the gentiles, so moving on....

Now as for your opening post, we dealt with that.

As for the OP, Nothing was "dealt" with.
The OP was about a very specific subject matter. Involving a certain scripture that was fulfilled through Jesus' "unbroken bones" at the crucifixion.

The scripture that was referred to is either...
Exodus 12:46/ Numbers 9:12 - about unbroken bones from the passover meal.... which basically compares Jesus to a cooked meal.

OR

Psalms 34:20 (which, IMO is more likely to be the scripture referred to by John)...
which is about the unbroken bones of a man who God rescued from trouble...NOT the unbroken bones of a man who God allowed to be scourged and tortured. So Psalm 34 contradicts the entire crucifxion itself.

The OP demonstrates that the writer of John seemed to be unaware of Psalm 34's context.
He takes one line about the "unbroken bones" from the psalm 34 and ties it to Jesus' unbroken bones....as "fulfilled" scripture.

So far, none of your (or anybody elses) replies have even come close to addressing this.
Like always, its a mish-mash of unrelated theology which don't address the questions posed in the OP.
But christians post it anyway, because they think constantly talking about christian doctrine in a thread about the bible automatically amounts to "replying".

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

OR

Psalms 34:20 (which, IMO is more likely to be the scripture referred to by John)...
which is about the unbroken bones of a man who God rescued from trouble...NOT the unbroken bones of a man who God allowed to be scourged and tortured. So Psalm 34 contradicts the entire crucifxion itself.

OR

the "scripture" was Exodus but, as interpreted by Jubilees (as I mentioned in my post above).
Which is what the biblical scholars think, the ones who specialize in the OT verses used in the NT.
(this is not something I grabbed off the top of my head)
Which links the saying in the law, about the bones, to the concept of the Suffering Servant, who is a type or representation in a model, of the people of Israel.

Jesus was "killed", not by a lance point, or broken legs, or being placed on a cross, but by a broken heart.
edit on 26-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The part about not breaking his bones does come from the old testament but in this case when the Lamb of God was being sacrificed.

If you know anything about the priestly duties, when the lamb was to be sacrificed it's bones couldn't be broken or it would have defiled the sacrifice and the sacrifice would have been negated. This is why Jesus died before the romans could break his legs.

The whole entire reason for the breaking of the thieves legs was that Jesus was crucified on passover eve and according to ancient jewish burial rites a person must be buried the same day he dies, but Jesus died around 6 pm, which would make it where dusk was approaching. Jewish days begin at dusk, when the sun goes down it is the new day. This being the passover eve, Jesus' body and the thieves bodies had to be taken off the crosses and immediately entombed or Passover would have been defiled. The women didn't have time to wash and prepare his body, they had enough time to tie his body with strips of cloth so his limbs wouldn't hang loose and they literally just took him to the tombs of the criminals below golgotha and dumped him the first open tomb they could find, they didn't have time to do all those preparations which are roman catholic embellishments.

When the high priest sacrificed the lamb, its bones could not be broken or it would defile the sacrifice. By all means Jesus was every bit of a sacrifice and the prophecy of this even falls all the way back to Abraham sacrificing his son Isaac.

Genesis 22 is a mirror of the future event. The whole deal about Abraham sacrificing his only son was a prophecy Moses was giving. This is how Mt. Moriah got it's name. The very name of Mt. Moriah which means "the Lord will provide" is an allusion to Yahweh sacrificing his Son to banish sin forever. Abraham was mirroring the act, as the entire old testament is a foreshadowing of future events that are written in the new testament. The act of having Isaac carry the wood for the sacrifice is also an allusion to Jesus being made to bear his own cross on which he would be sacrificed just as Isaac was to bear the wood for his sacrifice. The new testament is the fulfilling of all the prophecy in the Torah, Septuagint and Tanakh.

You can read it yourself here: Genesis 22:1-19

Abraham’s Faith Confirmed
22 Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

2 Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

3 So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son; and he split the wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him. 4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted his eyes and saw the place afar off. 5 And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad[a] and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.”

6 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. 7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!”

And he said, “Here I am, my son.”

Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”

8 And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.

9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.

11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”

So he said, “Here I am.”

12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”

15 Then the Angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time out of heaven, 16 and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— 17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” 19 So Abraham returned to his young men, and they rose and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.

edit on 26-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join