It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's apparently taking all bets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So i live in colorado and yes i know football has been over for a while now but i still hear nothing but nonsense about the broncos season. Basically i want to see if its just the religous individuals in this state causing a fuss or if its still the nation as a whole. So anyway as anyone who watches espn anything knows apparently edjucated individuals are convinced divine intervention took place on the football field, aka tim tebow. Now as a person who dosnt believe that theres some old dude with a beard in a cloud kingdom making a check list of whos naughty or nice (see what i did thier *cough *cough bull# we use to keep kids in line) the idea of any form of a greater being portrayed as a man seems rediculous enough ,let alone him/hers primary focus being a man made activity for over paid indivduals. Now for those who feel diffrently i ask you why would your god save his divine agenda for thousands of years just to get the broncos to the second round of the play offs? Call me glass half full but i figured that intervention would idk cause world peace, rid us of the wicked, cure world hunger or maybe just bitch slap us into the right direction as a people.

edit on 24-2-2012 by VibratoryAgent because: didnt finish clicked enter after the subject

edit on 24-2-2012 by VibratoryAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by VibratoryAgent

'Nuff Said.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Mythfury because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

There's a bigger chance that all the players were bought off...so yeh

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Did I miss something?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

linsanity>tebow

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Jesus is the real divine intervention and while our human condition is one of hunger and thirst and selfishness and a need to be correctively slapped, our Father is gracious and loving and merciful and long-suffering. We should thank Him.

Too, no KJV reading Christian ascribes to whatever God you just described and as a degreed scientist in psychology and child and family development, I find not only your attitude towards a God you do not understand to be disconcerting but more so I find it distasteful that you would use such misunderstandings in order to exact control over your children. You did say "we" when you wrote, "(see what i did thier *cough *cough bull# we use to keep kids in line)." You're an ATS member now, deny ignorance.

Now, as far as Tebow goes, I don't want him as my QB because to win he needs as much divine intervention as an uncoordinated 5yo trying to catch his first pop-up in the outfield but that right there is what these apparently educated people are talking about imo. It's a miracle when their child catches a fly ball and it's a miracle when Tebow can lead his squad to victory over 6 or 7 other teams with below par defenses and/or a hurt QB who can't put up more than 17 points on the scoreboard. Ridiculous! Don't feel bad though, I got Romo as a QB

P.s. This thread really should be in religious rant, not philosophy and metaphysics.

edit on 24-2-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: reply to

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Did I miss something?

The Broncos didn't win again, sew in answer to your question . . .

Nope!

BTW - God doesn't take bets but the kids dew!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The last time "god" intervened in human affairs, the Hebrews went on the rampage, destroying everything in their path.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff

as a degreed scientist in psychology and child and family development

you're not a scientist sorry bobby bigwheel. if you were you would know god might exist, but bible god does not

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drgood

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff

as a degreed scientist in psychology and child and family development

you're not a scientist sorry bobby bigwheel. if you were you would know god might exist, but bible god does not

Tell it to Jesus.

And as far as my education goes you can take it up with the diploma on my wall from an accredited university. My advice however, well, you can take it or leave it but it sounds like you have a rant of your own that needs to be threaded. Care to vent?
edit on 24-2-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: typo

top topics

join