It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dummies Guide to GOLD bullion refining at home as a long term precious metal investment - made EASY

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have tried this tonight. I feel like I messed up. need help. I have a mason jar now of brown liquid. is there any way of getting my gold back???

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi this is a really informative thread it has inspired me to dig out the boxes of old pc equipment i have and go gold refining.
Would it cause any problems to the process if you delayed any of the stages after starting the process, such as leaving the pins, memory board clipping etc sitting in the acid for several days. Or left the gold suspended in the yellow liquid stage for several days? before completing the process.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi has anyone bought any of these melted ingots of gold cpu pins from Israel or Germany that are sold on Ebay? They say they can't guarantee the gold content so it seems a big gamble although they seem to sell for £30 to £50 for a 100gm or so.
Anyone had any experience of processing this type of scrap and what percentage of gold did you manage to refine?
Also as these are a melted mix of metals etc am i right in thinking you need to start the process from the very start with nitric.
Sorry about all the questions but am looking to expand my knowledge of this process.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Dear Dummies Guide and user

i am tried to gold and silver process i very happy to thanks .

3. apply a mixture of 1:3 nitric/hydrochloric acid (aqua regia) to the gold to completely dissolve it
4. filter the resulting yellow liquid to remove any remaining impurities
5. neutralize any left over nitric acid still in the yellow liquid with urea
6. stop Fizz then to put sodium Bisulfite (NaSHO3) after 24 hour wait but precipitate the brown coloured "gold sediment" very small (MUD precipitate ) not clean water what happened how many time long wait
please to reply thanks

([email protected])

reply to post by morder1

edit on 30-9-2013 by minash because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2013 by minash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Hello, Great and very informative. Just had 2 questions in regards to your statement, ' With the quantity of gold in this tutorial, using the plastic pipette, I added 5 drops of nitric and 15 drops of hydrochloric making a 1:3 mixture of Aqua Regia, ' how did you come up with those specific measurements? Is it like a ratio of the weight of the gold to so much solution or what? If so about how much weight were you working with?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

what do you do with the sodium meta bisulphite? didn't see it used in the process/ Again thank you for your time in putting this together for us!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I have several gold plated contact pins that I want to reclaim the gold from. These particular pins have rhodium plating as well. Is it worth trying to reclaim the rhodium or should I just sell the rhodium plated portion as scrap?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have read through the thread and have not found a ratio.
Is there a index for AR mix to gold ratio?, How much ml of AR per 9ct/kt gram for instance.
One has put cell phone pins plus bits of board with gold on plus some 9ct/kt scrap, Started to bubble so I left it over night.
Come back next day it had finished reaction but there was still much gold, So One added some more AR with no reaction like the first time.
Can One get some help please.
Regards

P.s Thanks for this thread

edit on 3-1-2014 by klassik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hello, amazing posts!!!!
Only got one question for the moment at least..
Is there any chance for providing time/duration for all the steps???
I am currently doing the first step with the nitric acid and the water, been two hours and there is still bubbling, so I was wondering how much time it will take.
Thanks in advance, keep it up!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tauristercus

JUST A FEW WORDS ABOUT THIS GOLD PROCESS,THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LIST IT HERE. I NEEDED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS A STEP MISSING ACCORDING TO YOUR SUMMARIZED LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. STEP 6 THE PART WHERE IT SAYS use SMB to precipitate the brown coloured "gold sediment,I DID NOT SEE THIS IN YOUR POST.WHERE DOES THIS NEED TO GO IN THE PROCESS ? THANKS,ACC8131958.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hi New to the site this is a great post but i have one question
i see you used 20ml of acid and water mix 50/50
for the amount of pins in the jar but at what ratio to pins?
i have about a pound of pins saved up and would like to try this meathod
what amount of acid/water should i use?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ACC8131958

JUST A FEW WORDS ABOUT THIS GOLD PROCESS,THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LIST IT HERE. I NEEDED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS A STEP MISSING ACCORDING TO YOUR SUMMARIZED LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. STEP 6 THE PART WHERE IT SAYS use SMB to precipitate the brown coloured "gold sediment,I DID NOT SEE THIS IN YOUR POST.WHERE DOES THIS NEED TO GO IN THE PROCESS ? THANKS,ACC8131958.

If you read through all the posts i believe it is continued on page 3 or 4

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Does the stones in scrap jewelry stay in the liquid? What is the best way to remove these stones?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hello, I am trying to see where the SMB is added but I do not see where it has been mentioned other then where you mention the items that are needed and at the bottom in the steps.. listed as step #6.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
how much time does it consume for this whole process?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi tauristercus, A couple of questions regarding your gold purification method...

I did everything in your post up until the point of "dropping" the gold. I used urea to neutralise the HNO3 and I get a precipitate which is NOT brown but yellowish/white that I suspect is some compound that was formed upon addition of the urea (maybe also some undissolved urea in there).

In your summary at the end you refer to using sodium metabisulfate to "drop" the "brown" gold out of solution but you do not clearly refer to how this will be done in the main body. Did this slip through the net? Can you edit the post to explain how this will be done? I have save all solutions and dried yellow/white precipitate and I'm waiting to see what you advise.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Can I just give a important tip.
When using Acid always
Have a tap running slowly or a big bowl of water.
if you get ANY stinging or burning
wash it immediately !
if you get acid in your face put head in bowl !
this is a life saver !

ware old cloths to.
after you wash they you may see small holes!
and cloths you can get off quick.
I lost half a leg of my trousers.
but did not hurt my leg one time.

acid gets VERY hot when you mix it with some things.
the heat shattered the pyrex glass.

thats it ,be safe.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I love it.
And I now give you.......

The Anal Rententive Boullion Maker!

Seriously, it was very informative and think I'll tell the Wife I'm just "huntin for junk jewelry down here".

I most likely won't get off that easily, as a matter fact, I MAY be rooting through the junk jewelry I GAVE her 20 y/o. Now that I think about it, this "crap" is worth a lot scrap wise.

Jeez guy's, don't tell me you didn't get a great deal on a 14kt gold rope chain like everyone wore back 20-25 years ago?

And she will remember every P.O.S. I had gotten her 5 minutes after midnight. (Guys, a bit of advice here. Put some thought into your gifts).

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DISINFORMANT

u said u have a easier method can u share it with me/

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

ur post was great. and i did exactly as u mentioned with 1 part nitric and 3 parts hcl but the all the gold doesnt seem to dissolve and the color is not yellowish but greenish. i dont now what ot to now do help me with the next step please?

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join