It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning formally charged with 'aiding the enemy' by giving files to WikiLeaks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Apparently you didn't bother to watch the video either then. Secondly learn what a war crime is before throwing the word around.

I've seen the video before, but perhaps I mistaken thought of one of many other videos of American warcrimes that I have viewed before. Ever seen the one where an AC-130 smoked a crowd of 100+ protesters on a street?

Why is that funny?

It's called sarcasm. It's not funny.

All we need to do is look at the situation in many Mideastern countries and we will find the use of children in combat roles / used as homicide bombers etc, looonnngg before the US was in the region. I find it amusing how you and the others are so ignorant to the facts when it comes to civilian deaths. To me it just reinforces my view that you guys dont care about the truth.. If you did you would be going after the governments in the Middle East as well, and since your not, your argument is clear.

Why do you speak such trivial crap at me? I already posted direct quotes from books by established authors that state that the Americans carried out direct attacks on civilians, including women and children, in "free-kill zones". The American forces simply labelled the civilians left in the area as being "complicit with the insurgency" and murdered as many as they saw. This included snipers shooting children and gunships mowing down escaping families.

Every time you try to justify your BS, I honestly hate you more and more. You don't give a crap about these people, as you constantly prove with such statements where you accuse the enemy of doing all of the morally wrong things while ignoring the fact that your own forces are actually responsible.

I cannot respect a person such as you who condones directly killing innocent civilians because they are either labelled "complacent with the insurgency" or happen to live in a targeted killing field.

If that had been an option im sure they would have. But since Saddam was gung ho on killing his own people, they could not leave the country prior to US military action. Again though bravo on ignoring history while trying to blame everything on the US. Apparently you are ok with insurgents intentionally targeting civilians to run up the body count in order to blame the US. Actually you completely ignored that part, instead opting to lay all of the deaths on the US door step.

I'm just about through with holding any reasonable discussion with you. I gave you a chance to utilize intelligence to comprehend reality, yet you keep pushing your stupid jingoist rhetoric on me as if I am too stupid to realize that it is all lies.

Saddam was not some kind of huge threat to his own people that somehow justified invading Iraq. This was an excuse, in a long line of many, to justify the American war effort as it progressed further and further. Where was the American outcry for such a thing before the invasion? THERE WASN'T. There was only the immediate threat of Iraqi WMDs raining down on the USA.

And you know who the threat was to the Iraqi people? The invasion that your country lead that resulted in over 600,000 to a million civilian casualties with over 6 million displaced to other countries, AS WELL AS a civil war between the rival factions in Iraq. And you cry about big bad Saddam? Go cry somewhere else!

And the whole Iraq operation WAS PART OF THE GREATER AMERICAN STRATEGY OF MAINTAINING ITS STRATEGIC DOMINANCE OVER THE RESOURCES OF THE MIDDLE EAST AS PER THE CARTER DOCTRINE. If you cannot understand this, which is the reason for the American campaign through the middle east, then why do you think that I even care about your tear-jerking stories about evil dictators that your country originally propped up with the very weapons that created the threat that you think is so imperative to eliminate?

Are you at any point going to research all of the records that were seized when Baghdad fell that documented the war crimes of Saddam Hussein? Or do you ignore those because it would not allow you to blame the US for everything?

You wrote that, right after you wrote this:

Going back to the old distorting / ignoring facts that dont support your argument.

I'm done with this.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The real problem in this world is that some people believe that the war in Irak was a good thing, and that US government fought for the greater good. These people are blind and should experience love more often. You should visit the middle east and meet families who lost many of their members to a war they didn't understand.

Some of you think this war was the right thing to do and this is disgusting. I'm even more pissed of that most of you believe in the 9/11 bombings. The problem with this world really is generalized incompetence, psychopaths, and lack of love.

Discussing the matter on ATS with blind members will not change anything so I shall restrain from posting in this thread. Go to war with evil Iran and kill millions, that might earn you a spot in hell

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

At 5pm EST Friday 22nd October 2010 WikiLeaks released the largest classified military leak in history. The 391,832 reports ('The Iraq War Logs'), document the war and occupation in Iraq, from 1st January 2004 to 31st December 2009 (except for the months of May 2004 and March 2009) as told by soldiers in the United States Army. Each is a 'SIGACT' or Significant Action in the war. They detail events as seen and heard by the US military troops on the ground in Iraq and are the first real glimpse into the secret history of the war that the United States government has been privy to throughout.

The reports detail 109,032 deaths in Iraq, comprised of 66,081 'civilians'; 23,984 'enemy' (those labeled as insurgents); 15,196 'host nation' (Iraqi government forces) and 3,771 'friendly' (coalition forces). The majority of the deaths (66,000, over 60%) of these are civilian deaths.That is 31 civilians dying every day during the six year period. For comparison, the 'Afghan War Diaries', previously released by WikiLeaks, covering the same period, detail the deaths of some 20,000 people. Iraq during the same period, was five times as lethal with equivallent population size.

I had to quote this to help your brain out in this tough world! http://__._/irq/

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Did you even watch the video? The Apache shot up the ambulance that was picking up the injured journalist. This is a war crime.

Did you watch the video? The Apaches shot up a van. It wasn't an ambulance. Try again. No war crime for you.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
"Take your kids to war day". Hilarious. Tell that to the Iraqis in their home country that you invaded. What were they supposed to do, send their families to some other country during the fighting? Not as if there wasn't already six million Iraqi refugees that dispersed from Iraq due to the war. And most of these people joined the anti-American movement as a result of losing family to Americans.

Hilarious. Now, stand by, because I'm going to give you a clinic and my clinics are free. Obviously, from your posts, I can easily tell you've never been in the military, combat or Iraq.

I've been in all three. On the ground. Fighting insurgents. Let me tell you what I got to see once.

Early in the war, a vehicle approached a checkpoint my unit was manning. They were warned away. They continued to approach. Warned again. They kept coming, this time faster. They were engaged.

We approached the vehicle after it was stopped.

Dead male driver. Two dead children in the car, two little girls.

Back of the vehicle was filled with explosives.

So, got any smart ass comments about that? Because you're way out of your lane and running your suck about something you haven't experienced and you're just stomping on your junk (if you have any), with golf shoes.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
signal2noise, I'm utterly sorry that you had to go to war when you shouldn't have, you should have stayed home and loved your closed friends and families. The truth is you or your mate have killed innocent people and this is not acceptable. I don't care that these people were not nice to you, you went to their countries and killed their family members for no reason.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pascalt

Ah yes... Another Murtha in our midst... I really wish you guys would learn...

You and Murtha are one in the same -

It is nice to know though that you and others are ok with mass murder so long as its committed by anyone who is not a part of the US Military. Even more typical is your blindness when it comes to what our troops deal with on a daily basis overseas.

We would be more than happy to refrain from playing the worlds policeman. Provided some of the countries on this planet can control their own internal affairs to an extent it does not effect the US or her allies.

You want us out of the Middle East? No problem.. Just as soon as Islam takes a back seat to 21st century rule of law and human rights and does not try to force itself on other countries via insane wingnuts hiding behind women and children.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I feel very sorry that you are brainwashed Xcatha :-(
I wish you went to visit the middle east and realized that it is not the way it is pictured in your media or government.

Check out the video at: anonops.blogspot.com...

I'm sure you will LOVE It and agree

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pascalt The truth is you or your mate have killed innocent people and this is not acceptable. I don't care that these people were not nice to you, you went to their countries and killed their family members for no reason.

WTF, over?

Obviously, you have no clue. Like many here on ATS, you love to talk about the war, talk about right and wrong, talk about how mean the US is and how many war crimes we've committed, yet have not spent a single minute in the military, spoken with a serviceman or woman, or spent time in a combat zone.

Killed innocent people? Nope, we killed an insurgent. He's the one that killed innocent children by hiding behind them like the coward he was and used them as a shield. He tried to look like Joe Iraqi and get as close to our checkpoint as possible and used his children as cover.

And while I was there, we made sure that we honored those dead, innocent children by killing as many of the smelly, bearded cowards as we could.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
UN Official Denounces Bradley Manning's Treatment

Juan Ernesto Mendez, of the U.N. Commision on Human Rights, spoke out recently against the U.S. government's treatment of Private Bradley Manning. Cenk Uygur discusses the treatment given to Bradley Manning and Mr. Mendez's comments.

PS: I know soldiers do not care about "Human Rights" so I don't expect this to change anyones' mind

edit on 8-3-2012 by pascalt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I guess that makes free speech the enemy of the state..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Now the legal definition of "the enemy" is any person who learns the truth. That is going to be a strange legal precident to set.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Now the legal definition of "the enemy" is any person who learns the truth. That is going to be a strange legal precident to set.

Not really.. Drama aside what part of UCMJ cant be applied to US citizens are we not comprehending? What part of directly or indirectly are people not understanding?

Aiding the enemy is a charge under the UCMJ and does NOT apply to US citizens. This is not a difficult concept to understand and the apparent willingness to ignore facts in order to push some make believe agenda by people who have no idea what they are talking about is just astounding.

UCMJ Article 2 - PERSONS SUBJECT TO THIS CHAPTER

UCMJ - ARTICLE 104. AIDING THE ENEMY

Any person who–

(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or

(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;

shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.

Absolutely nothing in the UCMJ applies to civilians. Manning knew what he was doing was wrong and did it anyways. The Cherry on the Parfait would be indictments against Assange in Federal Court.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join