It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning formally charged with 'aiding the enemy' by giving files to WikiLeaks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

So because you are completely clueless and ignorant of US law, UCMJ and treaties, that somehow makes you an expert to continually attack me?

I have come to find that when people behave in the manner you are, its because they are unable to support the false claims they made. In order to distract they bring up all of the non sense issues to obfuscate and nothing more. Your observations about the US legal system are so wrong that you arent even on the same planet.

Since you made all those claims in your response to the other poster (Here) how about you back them up and cite your sources that allowed you to come to your conclusion.

Aside from having an issue with me, do you have any opinion on the op? Or when you complained about the thread being derailed by people, you meant everyone but you? All I see from you is jealousy and nothing more.

Please explain why you think Manning was right or wrong and what charges / penalty he should face and why?
edit on 25-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Mannings lucky the prosecution is not seeking the death penalty, which was an option for him since we are at war when the info was leaked.

You are a victim of state mind control, and you are seeking to defend the indefensible. I'm going to say it openly. If the moderation staff choose to discipline me as a result of my making that statement, so be it.

This is a case of the American government attempting to have things both ways. There has not been a formal declaration of war, of the kind required by the Geneva Conventions; and a major element of Gonsalez' job when he was Bush's AG, was finding ways to subvert and/or work around GCW. In memoranda which were exchanged between him and Bush, he stated that openly.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

(Emphasis mine)

The only crime of which Bradley Manning is guilty, is the apparent crime of vigilantly upholding his oath to defend the American Constitution. The current President openly holds both that document, and its' authors, in contempt. The military operation(s) which Manning has taken part in, as part of the spurious, treasonous, and illegal Global War on Terror, have served to both economically gut America, and critically endanger the Republic whose Constitution Manning swore to defend.

If you are an American, you are a traitor to your country, Xcathdra; as is any other individual who supports the current War on Terror, or the two administrations who have started and continued it. If you are military, which I suspect, you are guilty of issuing apologetics for those who are committing actions which serve ends, that are in direct opposition to your oath of enlistment.

I am not an American citizen, and yet I apparently have a much more passionate interest in the survival of the Jeffersonian Republic, than the majority of those who are. It is a genuine tragedy, that more of America's own people, do not recognise the value of their Constitution, to the same degree as many of the rest of us in other parts of the planet do.
edit on 25-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
You are a victim of state mind control, and you are seeking to defend the indefensible. I'm going to say it openly. If the moderation staff choose to discipline me as a result of my making that statement, so be it.
I would prefer they not remove it as it demonstrates and reinforces my point that you and several others have absolutely no idea how our Government / Laws work.

This is a case of the American government attempting to have things both ways. There has not been a formal declaration of war, of the kind required by the Geneva Conventions; and a major element of Gonzalez' job when he was Bush's AG, was finding ways to subvert and/or work around GCW. In memoranda which were exchanged between him and Bush, he stated that openly.

Actually yes there has been a declaration, for Iraq as well as Afghanistan. Contrary to the movies / tv shows / and just plain ignorance on how the US government operates,, the manner in which Congress declares war does not require that term to be used.

Feel free to research Article 1 section 8 of the US Constitution to confirm that.

Public Law 107 - 243 - Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002

Public Law 107 - 40 - Authorization for Use of Military Force

In addition to the above, the US invoked article VII of the UN Charter - Self Defense.

The only crime of which Bradley Manning is guilty, is the apparent crime of vigilantly upholding his oath to defend the American Constitution. The current President openly holds both that document, and its' authors, in contempt. The military operation(s) which Manning has taken part in, as part of the spurious, treasonous, and illegal Global War on Terror, have served to both economically gut America, and critically endanger the Republic whose Constitution Manning swore to defend.

Uhm yeah.. Your wrong, respectfully.

If you are an American, you are a traitor to your country, Xcathdra; as is any other individual who supports the current War on Terror, or the two administrations who have started and continued it. If you are military, which I suspect, you are guilty of issuing apologetics for those who are committing actions which serve ends, that are in direct opposition to your oath of enlistment.

At what point might you take the time to do research so you know what you are talking about? As I stated before just because your personal, and wrong, opinion of the laws and violations, does not mean those laws are irrelevant just because you say so.

I am not an American citizen, ...

Then maybe you should learn how our Government works before making claims that aren't true?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Actually yes there has been a declaration, for Iraq as well as Afghanistan. Contrary to the movies / tv shows / and just plain ignorance on how the US government operates,, the manner in which Congress declares war does not require that term to be used.

That is convenient. Abu Ghraib, and Guantanamo more or less in general, would likely prove internationally illegal, if that were the case.

Your argument of technicalities here is unassailable, and I concede that point. I will, however, re-iterate what I have said before; and that is, that the majority of Americans will predictably both applaud and defend their government's outrages against liberty.

Right up to the point where the front door which has a combat boot and an assault rifle come crashing through it one night, just happens to be their own. As they are carried away for processing, their perspective will likely change.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

That is convenient. Abu Ghraib, and Guantanamo more or less in general, would likely prove internationally illegal, if that were the case.

The international community has complained about it, some have tried to do legal action (and some have succeeded.

As a side note, the Taliban are also in violation since they are still holding an American POW, and have used that pow to make propaganda to show on TV. It is strictly prohibited to use a POW in that manner.

Any reason that is ignored?

Your argument of technicalities here is unassailable, and I concede that point. I will, however, re-iterate what I have said before; and that is, that the majority of Americans will predictably both applaud and defend their government's outrages against liberty.

True, but you will also have Americans who arr fed up with those government actions.

Right up to the point where the front door which has a combat boot and an assault rifle come crashing through it one night, just happens to be their own. As they are carried away for processing, their perspective will likely change.

An interesting visual, however its such an extreme where if that were to occur, you would have the population making a very quick stand.

The one irritation for me when people make those comments (police state / military control / fema camps, etc etc) is the implication to it. In order for that to happen Every single person in Federal Government, active duty military, state military, every single member of the States governments as well as law enforcement.

To automatically discount armed resistance from those groups towards the entity trying to pull a coup is extremely shortsighted and very naive.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The international community has complained about it, some have tried to do legal action (and some have succeeded.

As a side note, the Taliban are also in violation since they are still holding an American POW, and have used that pow to make propaganda to show on TV. It is strictly prohibited to use a POW in that manner.

Any reason that is ignored?

Not at all. I would advocate immediate legal action in the appropriate venues. I found the Taliban's defacement of some Buddhist statuary in Afghanistan to be another, particularly objectionable act. I am aware that they are extremists of a fairly detestable nature.

An interesting visual, however its such an extreme where if that were to occur, you would have the population making a very quick stand.

The one irritation for me when people make those comments (police state / military control / fema camps, etc etc) is the implication to it. In order for that to happen Every single person in Federal Government, active duty military, state military, every single member of the States governments as well as law enforcement.

To automatically discount armed resistance from those groups towards the entity trying to pull a coup is extremely shortsighted and very naive.

I suspect that a coup, in such blatant terms, will not occur. I think the cabal have learned from WW2, that the direct approach is not likely to be successful. My guess is that a veneer of legality will continue to be maintained; and that in the event of a camp activation, residential seizures for processing will be kept incremental.

The cabal are aware of, and have paid exceptional attention to the nurturance of, American self-interest and public violation of the Golden Rule. They know that as long as it is only incremental numbers of "others," who are taken, the public as a whole will not see any reason for insurrection. You see it on this forum all the time. A police officer bashes or unlawfully arrests someone, according to some report, and the rationalisers and police apologists materialise out of the woodwork from all directions.

As long as it is someone else who is being unlawfully arrested, bashed, or tortured, even if it gets to the point where it's someone in only the next street or so...most of the public will insist that because they themselves are fine, there is nothing to be concerned about.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Not at all. I would advocate immediate legal action in the appropriate venues. I found the Taliban's defacement of some Buddhist statuary in Afghanistan to be another, particularly objectionable act. I am aware that they are extremists of a fairly detestable nature.

There in lies the problem. The Taliban are not signatories to any UN treaties, including all of the rules that govern warfare. While I am all for our military being held accountable, attempting to do so in some circumstances would be a death sentence for them.

The Geneva convention is very specific about rules of war, including the requirement of Uniforms, chains of command etc etc etc. It forbids military personnel from posing as citizens. It is also one the main reasons "spies" that are captured can face summary judgment and execution.

If we followed it to the letter, we would be forcing our military to wait until they are being shot atand then forced to identify the target. Since there is no uniform present, it creates a hell of a problem, especially in the fog of war / heat of the battle. By extension the US is not solely to blame in this area, as Taliban / Al Queida dont subscribe to the rules of warfare. The Geneva convention allows retaliation when one side violates.

I suspect that a coup, in such blatant terms, will not occur. I think the cabal have learned from WW2, that the direct approach is not likely to be successful. My guess is that a veneer of legality will continue to be maintained; and that in the event of a camp activation, residential seizures for processing will be kept incremental.

The cabal are aware of, and have paid exceptional attention to the nurturance of, American self-interest and public violation of the Golden Rule. They know that as long as it is only incremental numbers of "others," who are taken, the public as a whole will not see any reason for insurrection. You see it on this forum all the time. A police officer bashes or unlawfully arrests someone, according to some report, and the rationalisers and police apologists materialise out of the woodwork from all directions.

Followed up with a 100 meter rush to judgment while those commenting are absolutely clueless on the laws that govern law enforcement.

Comparing the actions of idiot officers who go outside the box with a slow coup in the country is still ignoring those people who would say no, which will include law enforcement, military and citizens.

As long as it is someone else who is being unlawfully arrested, bashed, or tortured, even if it gets to the point where it's someone in only the next street or so...most of the public will insist that because they themselves are fine, there is nothing to be concerned about.

Again, respectfully, just because you or someone else perceives a law / action to be illegal, does not make it illegal. Also suggesting the people would simply be quiet and allow it to happen is unrealistic, and proof of that is in the town of Quartzcite, AZ.

As for the last part I have seen it and take exception to it. To me its a statement about cowardice and inaction, and I truly believe the American people would rather stand up and draw a line than shirk in the corner in fear.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

As an ex Ranger who was decorated and had a high clearance in the service I have this to say to the fellow member I am commenting to and all respect to you,

I wish ATS would have an anti star so I could just click rather than post this.

VN should have been the last gunboat war. IMHO these last wars were/are illegal... Both USA and UK countries are going down the tubes. So how would we all feel if another government who shares my attitude over these illegal wars do to US n UK what we have done in the past 25 years. Same justifications. War ships entering DC n No 10 with a payload? Remember how we have toppled two dictators that we paid tons of taxpayers money to in support to set them up!

Put the record straight this is not what I want to see but I could not blame another country leader for doing the same. After all ppl are denied in both countries realistic medical. Homeless are increasing. Jobs are being subscribed to our old enemies. LOL I imported Hi Tech vertical market hardware from Huntsville Al because although I did not agree with my counties attitudes and wars does not mean I didn't love my country or fellow country men. I could have bought Taiwan copied kit but I wanted to do something about the trade deficit and see Americans work. I could have made far more money had I bought the imitation which now outsells the Original company who invented this kit. I am loyal. They were not. First 3 visits to Huntsville I saw 500 women working making cable it was a wonder site. Everyone enjoy working there it was a happy factory! Then 7 years later the cables came in from Malaysia. 2 years later circuit boards came from China.

Now who is aiding and abetting the enemy?

The normalization of VN made me sick. The Viet Cong receive more aide than my fellow veterans benefits and worse those of us with disabilities are not getting a fair shake! Case in point I ended up in a VA hospital after 6 years of service with a broken leg. After 5 days in hospital they wanted to put a walking cast on me and discharge me. Kool. Nope, the Intern (not a doctor yet) did not do his job correctly. I won't go into details but almost lost my left foot due to a wound they did not address turned rotten. 59 days later and a huge skin graft my foot was saved. Lucky! I swear this is true, I was awoken by a head nurse the night before discharged and was told that if I sued and I had a good case the VA and this Intern then the next time I need the VA hospital I may not survived the treatment.

Oh now for the best part since I was in the service there is no workman's comp paid to the State of California! Therefore I did not qualify for assistance. WTF since 14 I was gainfully employed. Next a SSAN administrator told me that the $10,000 quad sound system could be sold for readies and since I owned so much that I did not qualify. SSAN had another payment but since I would be unable to work for only 9 months + 59days hospitalization I did not meet the 1 year requirement for that payment.

Now here is the best news my unemployment payments were stopped as I was in the hospital therefore could not seek work.

I did many illegal things to keep myself alive. Rather not get into that but this should not have happened.... but had I not I would have been homeless.

Welcome home soldier boy...... Now since these illegal wars the VA has gotten better but once the wars are over and soldiers home to find like me that the jobs we left behind with our promise card if in a union like me will NOT be reissued you will see the VA not getting the funding AGAIN. History repeats itself! We have no jobs now so how will our soldiers get their old jobs back? My situation I worked for Safeway and the Manager said he did not want to chance delay stress syndrome in his shop. The Retails Clerks union would not go against Safeway for my job.....

The GI bill yes I used this but I can bore you with more stories of American government pitfalls making it difficult to go to school and collect the much needed EARNED GI Bill. Yep I got through. I got a New York Job in Ca. When I got a promotion, I took over one IMHO best areas of Ca. Yep I received that Safeway as an account.... You should have seen that managers face when I came to visit and told him I was out of contract deals as we gave cash under the table in kick backs. Several years later I just got sick of it all and left my country but as I said above I exported American technology which soon became manufactured by our enemies.

So who is worse a soldier seeing immoral things (referring to the video ATS was one of the first sites to release) like the heli crew that killed the reporters and parent driving by with his kids in the van who stopped trying to help the news crew that was shot!!!!!

Who is the real enemy of American and British citizens today

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To finish that sorry tale I learn at University that I could have gotten a "Fair Market Quote" for the sound system as the value is what you can get for it on the day not what you paid for it.

Bill Gates paid tons of money for his mansion. The Washington State government argued with Bill over this on property tax. He won as the house was not worth what he paid for it to be custom built but what he could get for it.

Hmmmmmm you would have thought the SSAN rep would have understood this as she was Uni qualified to get her job!!!!!!!

I stand behind Bradley Manning and personally think he is a hero..... When USA n UK start proceedings on their selves and corporations who moved US n UK jobs to our enemies or give tax payers money to aide countries and give them weapons that in future kill our children I question the real subversive aiding the enemy and who had created the worse terror. I refer you back to the video that we ATS members were so proud to release because of Bradley Good Deeds! We all witness murder and war crimes on that video....

ATS Staff I am not well today other wise I would have created links.... It would be nice if we had a "Thumbs Down" anti star.....

Edited to say Stars and Flag OP thanks for this posting..... I pray for our members to try and understand what I with a drugged mind was trying to say and revisit Bradley Mannings actions as I truly believe he is one of the last American Heroes. I support our soldiers but not their actions. VN was an example (we did not have at the time) and "The Viet Nam Vets Against the War" has done much to educate what we did was not right and was immoral again IMHO. BTW 911 (I was on a flight to the USA from London lol going for a VA medical assessment for service connected disabilities seeking a medical retirement. I tried with a disabled body to work in an able body world. Disabilities have caught up with me now.... We were force landed in Edmundon Canada. I missed my appointment..... I DO NOT believe the OS therefore our soldiers actions are immoral!
edit on 2/25/2012 by IceHappy because: Edited to say Stars and Flag OP thanks for this posting.

edit on 2/25/2012 by IceHappy because: correct as per usual spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am sorry, I dont quite understand.

Are you saying its okay to expose classified information as long as a small portion of that information contains evidence of a crime?

If so, is okay if I release details of a American base and the soldiers there as long as I include a footnote about the time one of soldiers broke a wartime law?

Is okay if I release documents detailing our informants and their locations and what they told us as long I include an(unrelated) footnote about the same soldier who broke wartime law?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anyone giving money to Obama, Romney, Gingrich or Santorum should be charged with aiding the enemy since they all work for the banksters.

Anyone who voted for the banks bailouts in congress, including Obama, should be charged with aiding the enemy.

The real enemy are the banksters and their puppets in Washington DC.

Or what about charging Eric Holder and Obama, who gave thousands of guns to drug cartels with aiding the enemy?

Or Clinton for giving weapons to Libyan rebels... that are Al-CIAda as aiding the enemy? Or same thing in Syria? Or in Iran?
edit on 25-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree with you on this issue.

Manning was given a security clearance for his MOS. I am sure he signed many legal documents the explicitly forbids leaking, sharing, misuse of that information. Leaking the information can be considered treason which can be punishable by death. When someone is trusted to handle classified documents and that person goes on to share said documents with the world, a court martial is necessary.

Frankly if he were to get executed for his crimes I would applaud the decision.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I believe the information that Bradley Manning release on a whole was important. And yes when war crimes are involved YES. I don't believe our government are working for their citizen best interest any longer and has not done so for many decades. We have killed many foreign people for war crimes (remember we put those people in power only to kill them later when "our TPTB" lost control over them) but somehow we are immune? Keeping the last sentence in mind who is at fault for our troops deaths and major disabilities and PTSD, those we remove from power by undeclared wars or the government who put them in power and the money needed to create their power? I forgot the innocent people who suffer as well which are those who love the soldier before his life has been ruined? Should we not police our own military? If the wars are immoral then ppl who know better should stand up and bring the evidence forward. Illegal wars need to be stopped. Its not done in our names but for the TPTB / Are. Americans who travel know they are at risk in foreign lands as a result of TPTB by their war mongering actions. If I believed 911 was truly done by foreign nationals I would stand up and support that effort like I did when I was innocent and easily fooled when I was 18 and thought my country was right.

Why can we not lead the world by example??????

I have as of yet been shown any proof of Bradley's leakage has been done to our security that our leaders have not put us into by their forcing our nations to accept the liabilities.

I guess this is the age old problem of did the chicken come before the egg..... Had TPTB not put our counties citizens in this situation there would have been no need for this leakage!

BTW how do you feel for all of the lives these wars have ruined both ours and our so called enemies. I know and can tell you my life plans were derailed by my service. I was the last draft-able generation thus my volunteer was not volunteer as my number was so close to being drafted it was a matter of time.... The rumours of how draftees were treated vs a volunteer soldier was my reason to join.

The costs? I lost my fiancée, my job and 6 years of my life to be behind all of my none military peers. I feel for current soldiers but IMHO they should have learned from our example.... Oh wait a min there are no jobs so many of these soldiers have joined for work experience and are fooled by future GI benefits that will change by the time they are to collect them....

The PTB who created 911 need to be stopped. We need more Bradley's IMHO.

BTW did you see the video that ATS was the first to release about that helicopters gun crew murderous actions?

How did that feel? Were you proud to be an American when you saw that? Is the kind of terror that gunship created the reason we topple governments for? The crew of that gun ship were having a good time you can hear their conversations as if this was a video game.... sort of like the SS and I hate to bring up Nazis as ATS always seem to go down that road but many governments went after soldiers for their actions how is this different?

NOT IN MY Name!

Oh and with the elections not working in America (I site many ATS postings over the years covering this American Election fraud) are we not being run non elected government. Dictatorship almost comes to mind. hmmmmmmm

In my high school we studied Henry David Thoreau works and he believed On the Duty of Civil Disobedience is every citizen's concern. I feel this link might help you understand where I am coming from Henry David Thoreau On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

You have not replied to any of my other points in your last post and invite you now to do so please!

BTW I am a Member of the Viet Nam Vets Against the War" since I was decorated and wore my medals to protest marches the press grabbed me many times for filmed news stories. Here in ATS Photos are pixs of my last protest march and a plane ticket that will show "SSSS" on it. I have never been arrested worse crime speeding tickets... Many lol... Halo Jumpers drive fast and as Sammy Haggard sang I Can't Drive 55! I have been out of USA for 28 years exported American goods so the question is why am I an enemy of the State or on the no fly list. If you don't understand seek my photos on this site and I refer you to Naomi Wolf book "The End of America". She was the one who in her book taught me my protest with the group has earned my name on the No Fly List and I cannot believe the horrors of what I go through when I fly. This is the reason I don't fly with my family. Since 911 I fly with my medals in their presentation cases so that when I spend 2.5 - 3 hours being questioned with my hold baggage and carry on searched beyond belief!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Anyone making these suggestions should learn the difference between domestic law and the UCMJ. If for no other reason than to know what they hell they are talking about.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Those of us who sign those papers you are talking about were/are young and without the knowledge that their government can do any wrong. They did not sign up to cover up war crimes. Had they understood this from the start do you think they would have still joined?

Again I ask who is at fault Bradley or TPTB for putting Bradley in this situation that he had mental and moral conflicts with dealing with those papers?

Please show me the news clips of soldiers who have been killed by Bradley s action!

Visit the Viet Nam War Wall of dead soldiers names to see the solders killed by the US Government over an illegal war in which we surrendered from thus their lost of life is now meaningless!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Manning does not fit into your argument. In addition to releasing the helicopter footage, he released hundreds of thousand of other documents that showed no criminal.actions.

Sorry I also reject the argument that his age was a factor in releasing the info. If he is old enough to enlist, knowing full well what the papers he was signing stated, age is not an excuse. He was intelligent enough to access classified material from other branches / agencies.

He is not a stupid person by any means.. His behavior is what got him in trouble.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I was in the Navy as an aviation electronics technician(AT). I had a security clearance and was cleared/trusted to work in the cypto vault. I knew damn well the consequences of abusing my privileges/responsibilities. What Manning done is a big deal if I feel that his court martial needs to a clear message that what he did is not acceptable. He took the oath, he knew the consequences. His punishment won't be soft and it shouldn't be.

Personally I feel if there is evidence that his leaked information led to the death of US troops then his execution would be just punishment for his crimes.
edit on 25-2-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Again I ask for proof of the damage by Manning's release of information. Many posters have suggested that there has been but wheres the examples? Please name of soldiers who died as a result of the release of info and circumstances of death.

I am sure Bradley had no knowledge before signing what he would in future have to cover up!

I also have asked many questions that have gone unanswered in my postings. For an example who is responsible Bradley or a government that set up these people that had to be removed from power by their actions has caused so many American and other nationals deaths in illegal wars? I assure you this, many ppl I served with never knew what we were in for and yes we were too young and not educated enough to understand how unhonurable our government c/would be and put us into these situations! Being Young means we want to believe in our system! So I must disagree with you on that point as I HAVE lived and learned at a very high cost. Remember after a private education I thought the Viet Nam war was just! How young and dumb I was. I can tell you this had I knew VN was going to be surrendered I may have considered Canada as I served honourable but my government did not!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I was on the first Red Eye team signed the same papers as this was a secret weapon. I never talked about it until I saw in Hollywood movies the Stinger LOL..... Later I did more interesting things but that is off topic! And yes I don't believe my actions in the service were just and legal... Sometimes I consider myself a criminal for what the government had me do! Moral confilcts!

If someone provides proof not suggestions that are unquantifiable of these lost of soldiers lives by Bradley's actions maybe I would change my mind but so far nobody has done this. I am after all an ex professional soldier! Again, since I feel the wars lately are illegal and that the US Governments set up these dictators into power and gave them weapons and cash that has killed and maimed our young who is really at fault Bradley or US Government?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The act itself of obtaining, transferring and disseminating classified information. It does not matter what the material was, it was classified, meaning restricted access.

The aiding the enemy charge centers around countries not friendly to the US or countries we are currently engaged with in hostilities being able to access that information. Aiding the enemy does not require a direct encounter. Its either direct or indirect, and by Assange printing the info, which was obtained by and from Manning, it was an indirect manner.

Again, had manning stuck to the criminal aspect he would have been fine. The argument people are trying to make in that regard, exposing criminal actions, was driven off the bridge when he released classified info that show no criminal activity what so ever.

That demonstrated an action beyond whistle blowing. He essentially covered up potential crimes by burying those legitimate incidents that should be investigated needles under 10 tons of hay at 2am outside during a no moon period with no electricity with blindfolds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join