It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon flickering on and off london UK 22 feb 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That's the title of the video. Was just uploaded by Spacecowboy1954 and he claims he filmed this himself yesterday.

Never saw this kind of trick before. Is this an atmospheric thing? A play with the shutter?
Or is the sun having a power outage?

ETA- It's late and I've had a long day, if it's that obvious of a fake and I'm being slow tonight, just let me know.
edit on 23-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It'd be interesting but I don't really believe it. How could he be recording it at the exact moment it was flickering? Maybe he spotted it ahead of time and pulled the camera out but I just am taking this with a grain of salt.

And the rest of his videos make him look even less credible, this guy is a nutcase.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
That's the title of the video. Was just uploaded by Spacecowboy1954 and he claims he filmed this himself yesterday.

He's very fortunate.
Someone deeply interested in aliens, ufo's, chemtrails, Nibiru and other conspiracies is the ONLY person on the entire planet to have witnessed this.
And to be doubly amazing, he got video!

He should buy a lottery ticket.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Something black flyng over?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I did search for similar and found nothing. My last question about the sun was an attempt at humor. I said I hadn't seen this trick before, and I figured someone would post this eventually so why not get it over with in the hoax bin early.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Honestly it looks like a coffee can with the lid half off and a light bulb inside it flickering. Without better resolution or a camera pan out would be impossible to tell. But I say hoax.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

The moon is in that exact phase right now, and I can think of a million things that could cause this, but the guy is saying it's legit. I subscribe to his channel but if he's a hoaxer then I'd like to know.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The moon is in that exact phase right now, and I can think of a million things that could cause this, but the guy is saying it's legit. I subscribe to his channel but if he's a hoaxer then I'd like to know.

You haven't been able to work this out yet?

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I can think of a million things that could cause this

Start with the camera and cameraman I'd say.

edit on 24/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Editing the video doesn't make it credible. But, I'll be a skeptic. I knew there was something off with the moon.

Maybe it's those mirrors in the way?
edit on 24-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It looks like something in between the moon and the camera, could be a bat, a hand, bigfoot, anything really. It appears to be moving from top to bottom, then bottom to top.

On a side-note, the whole world flickers on and off every time i blink my eyes.

DC

link   
Looks like paper in front of a light

link   

Explanation: S&F!

Its definately the moon ... BUT his camera + telescope tripod setup is most likely NOT super stable and a single bump could be the cause of the apparent flickering motion.

Personal Disclosure:
I hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

You haven't been able to work this out yet?

IRM

OMG... I must have sub'd his channel because of some video he posted I liked but I never really checked out his video list before. Holy crap I am tired I guess. I guess they all can't be home runs, I probably have a few fouls in my sub list I should go through soon.

I'm kind of embarrassed now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
sorry guys, but after looking at the video multiple times, it looks to my like he's just waving his hand or something in front of the camera.

As for the curls? IDK
probably just reflection of some kind.

If this were real, there would be hundreds of reports, all over the hemisphere.

FAKE

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
bottom line - why did only one person notice this ???

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
bottom line - why did only one person notice this ???

People commented seeing similar, but it got me curious and I wanted ATS to break it down and be done with it early. By the look of his other videos, and the fact that he felt the need to whack it out with a fancy soundtrack and all the editing to lengthen it, which I can't stand, I'd say the source stinks.

ETA-

@JibbyJedi Yes 100% original and 100% genuine. I need to go to sleep been up all night making this, it's 6:35am and I can't stop watching it, it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen and man I've seen some weird things !

spacecowboy1954

edit on 24-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Of the approximate 7 billion people on this planet this guy is the only one who saw this? What a sad, pathetic existence one must live to have nothing better to do with their time than post stuff like this on youtube. the idiocy of mankind never ceases to amaze me
edit on 24-2-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
Of the approximate 7 billion people on this planet this guy is the only one who saw this?

I wonder how many people are looking at the moon right now?
Lets assume that of the 7 billion, there are only about half that number who are not babies, not mentally ill (so nobody would believe them) or so isolated that they couldnt tell anyone what they saw.
Lets just count 3.5 billion viewers.

How many seconds in a year? 31.56 million.
So...
*if the average viewer only looks at the moon for ONE second every year, then there are 110 viewers at any moment.
*if the average viewer only looks at the moon for TEN second every year, then there are 1100 viewers at any moment.
*if the average viewer only looks at the moon for ONE MINUTE every year, then there are 6600 viewers at any moment.

Actually its really worse than that, because there are a lot of people who, for various reasons, look at the moon for much longer periods of time.

Bottom line - Somebody else would have noticed.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

said in a much nicer and more educational way than I. Thank you sir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join