It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Yes.

Atmospheric moisture accumulates before precipitation drops.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

Awesome pix from both of you!

Perhaps this will shed some "light" on the subject matter from en.wikipedia.org...

Check out "Night Sky" section.

It appears to have to do with the manner in which pollution filters through natural and perhaps tonight in PA, artificial light sources. Seems to make sense...

edit on 2/23/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

Other then it being overly nice and warm out nothing environmentally thats really different. As for fracking theres one thats relatively close to the Southwest of me most are in Northwest PA. Im more in central PA over to the East a little bit.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
LoL Brandon. Your image could be used for a good Spooky Halloween Image as a backdrop.

Thank you Timidgal

edit on 23-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Hahaha thats the first thing that came to mind. I was siting outside on the deck looking at it and was thinking to myself it kind of feels like Halloween.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Yeah I think Timidgal possibly got the answer to what this might be which would also tie in Fracking Chemicals as that's also pollution if you are near a well but I have no clue how far the chemicals can travel since it seems from what you say your not entirely that close to one.....Very cool pics though that's for sure you and Manhater.
edit on 24-2-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I had actually seen a pic a friend took showing whats described there a few days ago if I can find it I'll post it, but I know exactly what your talking about its looked like that in the sky here and there recently not too much though.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Thank you very much I'll try and get more pics through the coming week and post them on this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes, veryy mild the high was 61 today. Been very warm all winter I even saw a butterfly today and Februarys not even over yet.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

Seriously, what is up with this weather? 61° weather in Pennsylvania at this time of year is kind of nuts. I was looking forward to what I thought would be the eventual fresh powder to go skiing, but I'm losing hope.

In regards to the sky, I'm not sure where you are in Pennsylvania, but I live in between Lancaster and Harrisburg, which apparently because of the massive amount of trucking and farms in the area, has some of the worst air pollution in the country. This contributes to some pretty awesome sunsets. I suppose, however, that this smog could stick around if the pressure was right.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I see the occasional greenish tinge in the sky over here around 6pm some nights. And I've seen many red skies at night, they look beautiful

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

Near Westchester, but right it's been so warm all February all my friends have been trying to go snowboarding and skiing and there isn't even enough powder to go. Which is surprising cause theres always at least some kind of snow around now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

I've wanted to catch a green sky, but I have yet to see one. Im thinking its only a matter of time before I do.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
we've had some really strange coloured (oranges/pinks/reds) skies around here this whole winter.
i've generally chalked it up to light refraction since im very near detroit. However. ive never noticed it so vividly and frequent in years past.. im not really sure what to make of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As a child, I used to have end-of-the-world-time dreams of orange and red skies.
Seeing your picture gives me the willies..it brings me right back to those dreams!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Red = high concentration of winds?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is this really that unusual? I'm 45 and I've seen the sky all sorts of colors. Once it was even purple about twenty years ago, which was funny for me as a Prince fan back in the day. I was about to go eat dinner so that would have been early evening and the weather was hot and humid with some overcast overhead and clear skies at the horizon if i remember correctly. It wasnt just a sunset with some purple tinged clouds. The whole freaking sky and the cast of light was purple. It made everything around me look like an alien landscape.I've not seen such a spectacle before or since in purple, but have seen it in orange and red and a sickly amber,

Normally early morning and around sunset are when I've seen the most exotic colors. But to put it in perspective from a middle aged lady, it has been weird colors at varying times on my time on this planet.

Cool pictures!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
were i live we get orange skys quite a lot right after sunset the sky has also been pink and light purple before, if the sky was like that after sunset then its probubly the aurora borealis, i seen the aurora borealis one night with many different colors in the sky, there was red, green, blue, purple it was a pretty crazy night. havent seen the northern lights since then, but diffenatly one of the coolest things ive ever seen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join