It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Tops Dropping Closer to Earth, NASA Satellite Finds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Afterthought

El Nino and La Nina affect the climate globally, so I wasn't speaking just about the equator.

Well globally to a lesser degree but the effects vary across North America.

I'm just simply not buying it.

I'm not clear on what you're not buying. On the one hand you seem to think that geoengineering is already going on and on the other you seem to think that global warming is a hoax and that the geoengineers are in a hurry to get going with something they are already doing.

The website I cited states that El Nino and La Nina affect weather globally. I'm not going to go tit for tat about this. I was simply pointing out that La Nina causes a cooling where you stated that it causes warmer temps.

For the record, I do believe they are currently tinkering with the weather, but I believe that they want to ramp it up. In order to get more funding, they have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that global warming is a threat to the planet. I do believe that contrail activity has increased. If these contrails are trapping in warmer air, I don't know. I'm only speculating. Even if this increased activity is not by design, they can certainly use the increased temperatures to push their agenda. We already see how they are using lower "cloud" cover to demonstrate how it can curb global warming.

I do not believe global warming is a threat to the planet. As I have stated numerous times already, if they would release Tesla technology and begin weaning us off of our fossil fuel addiction, we would not need geoengineering. If they were to release clean fuel, this would squash all avenues necessary for them to begin developing weather warfare technologies. This is the end game once all the chips have fallen. Sure, they are acting as though they care about the planet and people as the basis for needing to geoengineer Earth's climate, but in all reality, we know how this technology can be used against other countries' citizens as well as their own.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Clouds which produce precipitation form at much lower altitudes than contrails and cirrus clouds. The moisture which produces them also originates at much lower levels. A reduction of ambient water vapor levels at 30,000 feet has no effect on water vapor levels at 3,000 feet.

Everything on earth has an effect on everything else. It's a closed eco-system. The water cycle of earth can be affected a number of ways. And is affected by cirrus aviaticus (artificial clouds created by jet emissions.) In fact, 'proposals' on the table currently aim to directly affect that system in the name of 'saving' us. First, a note on troposphere and tropopause which are both latitude dependant.

www.localcolorarts.com...

The troposphere is the lowest portion of Earth's atmosphere. It contains approximately 80% of the atmosphere's mass and 99% of its water vapor and aerosols.[1] The average depth of the troposphere is approximately 17 km (11 mi) in the middle latitudes. It is deeper in the tropics, up to 20 km (12 mi), and shallower near the polar regions, at 7 km (4.3 mi) in summer, and indistinct in winter. The lowest part of the troposphere, where friction with the Earth's surface influences air flow, is the planetary boundary layer. This layer is typically a few hundred meters to 2 km (1.2 mi) deep depending on the landform and time of day. The border between the troposphere and stratosphere, called the tropopause, is a temperature inversion.

www.windows2universe.org...

The troposphere is the lowest layer of Earth's atmosphere. The troposphere starts at Earth's surface and goes up to a height of 7 to 20 km (4 to 12 miles, or 23,000 to 65,000 feet) above sea level.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

The tropopause minimum acts as a barrier between the troposphere and stratosphere

The atmospheric temperature profile is latitude dependent. The tropopause height varies from ~16 km at the equator to only ~8 km at the poles. It depends also on sea level temperature and season.

And just to clear up the height on cirrus which is also latitude dependent:

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

Cirrus clouds generally appear white or light grey in color. They form when water vapor undergoes deposition at altitudes above 16500 ft (5,029.2 m) in temperate regions and above 20000 ft (6,096 m) in tropical regions.

All earth processes are intricately linked. Hydrology - earth's water system - is not limited to certain heights but is fluid.

www.nwrfc.noaa.gov...

The global water cycle can be described with nine major physical processes which form a continuum of water movement. Complex pathways include the passage of water from the gaseous envelope around the planet called the atmosphere, through the bodies of water on the surface of earth such as the oceans, glaciers and lakes, and at the same time (or more slowly) passing through the soil and rock layers underground. Later, the water is returned to the atmosphere. A fundamental characteristic of the hydrologic cycle is that it has no beginning an it has no end. It can be studied by starting at any of the following processes: evaporation, condensation, precipitation, interception, infiltration, percolation, transpiration, runoff, and storage.

Evaporated moisture is lifted into the atmosphere from the ocean, land surfaces, and water bodies as water vapor. Some vapor always exists in the atmosphere.

Condensation is the process by which water vapor changes it's physical state from a vapor, most commonly, to a liquid. Water vapor condenses onto small airborne particles to form dew, fog, or clouds. The most active particles that form clouds are sea salts, atmospheric ions caused by lightning,and combustion products containing sulfurous and nitrous acids.

(see next post for continuation)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

(continuation from previous post.)

Precipitation is the process that occurs when any and all forms of water particles fall from the atmosphere and reach the ground. There are two sub-processes that cause clouds to release precipitation, the coalescence process and the ice-crystal process. As water drops reach a critical size, the drop is exposed to gravity and frictional drag. A falling drop leaves a turbulent wake behind which allows smaller drops to fall faster and to be overtaken to join and combine with the lead drop. The other sub-process that can occur is the ice-crystal formation process. It occurs when ice develops in cold clouds or in cloud formations high in the atmosphere where freezing temperatures occur. When nearby water droplets approach the crystals some droplets evaporate and condense on the crystals. The crystals grow to a critical size and drop as snow or ice pellets. Sometimes, as the pellets fall through lower elevation air, they melt and change into raindrops.

So when a study says:

www.nature.com...

We also find that contrail cirrus cause a significant decrease in natural cloudiness

It is also saying:

www.atmos-chem-phys-discuss.net/9/14735/2009/acpd-9...

The role played by cirrus clouds in humidifying the underlying atmosphere through evaporation of falling ice crystals is important. The associated pattern of evaporative cooling may act to significantly alter the pre-existing static stability in the sub-cloud region and, together with humidification effect, may ultimately result in the formation of new cloud layers (Starr and Wylie, 1990).

Furthermore, crystals precipitating from cirrus clouds can seed lower super-cooled liquid water clouds and influence precipitation mechanisms (Ramaswamy and Detwiler, 1986).

And not only is it saying that but in this ongoing study it is saying again (for a thousand times) that 'it is little understood.'

www.nccr-climate.unibe.ch/proposals/CCC.pdf

It will then investigate the importance of homogeneous and heterogeneous freezing on cirrus clouds with implications for future global and regional scenarios, the surface energy budget and for the hydrological cycle.

And, of course, cirrus aviaticus are not natural cirrus and never will be.

www.intechopen.com...

The most studied SRM method is to reflect incoming sunlight with sulfuric acid aerosol injected into the stratosphere (similar to how volcanic aerosols cool climate). Although this method may have serious drawbacks such as a likely interference with the hydrological cycle (producing drought in some regions), ozone destruction and turning the sky white...

www.geology.iastate.edu...

Increases in aerosol increase the droplet number concentration in clouds, which increases cloud extent and leads to global cooling. If the amount of water available for condensation in the cloud is not changed, this means that there will be more smaller drops, which are less likely to grow to sufficient size to fall out as precipitation and making clouds last longer,

Therefore the impact (cooling)of excess atmospheric aerosol will be felt predominantly in the Northern Hemisphere, most notably in regions of high emission such as southeast Asia. These regional changes could lead to weakening of the hydrological cycle and reduce the availability and quality of fresh water.

Because when it is said:

thecanadianencyclopedia.com...

A veil of cirrus clouds (cirrostratus) may be the precursor of deteriorating weather, since it often occurs ahead of lower, precipitating clouds.

There is a lot more going on than just that and it is not going on with artificial clouds produced artificially using numerous and varied injections having, at this point, who knows what consequence. But clearly...drought is not good. And it's nicer without it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
Do you NOT understand that the possibility of future geoengineering projects, should they ever be implemented, means to some people a potential business opportunity, and thus a profit stream.....they (many of these concepts) are jockeying for attention, to be "The One" selected someday, if it comes to pass.

yeah I can imagine what one could do for Geoengineering with a fleet of these babies

Just imagine what they could do if those containers were not filled with water like they claim
I wonder what those labels really mean

[[[gets more popcorn...]]]

edit on 29-2-2012 by zorgon because: Weed Whackers Ghost did it... I know NOTHING

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

You said:

Cirrus aviaticus form where natural clouds fail to go. Forming, they use up the available moisture that could have allowed the eventual formation of natural clouds. Persisting, they spread using up more and more moisture.

You said that contrails "use up" the moisture that would form natural cirrus and thus could cause drought conditions. You use this to support your claim:

We also find that contrail cirrus cause a significant decrease in natural cloudiness

Let's look a little closer at that article. What exactly does that mean? First we have the information that persistent contrails can form under conditions which cirrus may not.

Contrail cirrus form and persist in air that is ice-saturated13, 14, whereas natural cirrus often require high ice supersaturation to form15. This implies that in a substantial fraction of the upper troposphere, contrail cirrus can persist in supersaturated air that is cloud-free16, 17, thus increasing high cloud coverage
Contrails form when natural cirrus doesn't. We know this from simple observation, we see persisent contrails in otherwise clear skies. So, the water vapor in the air, instead of forming natural cirrus, may tend to form contrail cirrus instead. I don't see the difference. If the contrails weren't there, natural cirrus would have "used up" the water vapor if they formed, but they wouldn't have because the conditions weren't right for them to form in the first place.
Now, moving on a bit we see this:

Contrail cirrus exist alongside and interact with natural clouds and, depending on their overlap with natural clouds, can increase overall cloud coverage.
It sounds to me like there is a trade off of sorts, with contrails replacing natural cirrus to a certain degree but resulting in overall greater cloud coverage. Either just contrail cirrus where natural clouds wouldn't form or a combination of the two (with contrails dominating) where they would.

So how might this affect the lower atmosphere? You posted this which seems pretty clear:

The role played by cirrus clouds in humidifying the underlying atmosphere through evaporation of falling ice crystals is important. The associated pattern of evaporative cooling may act to significantly alter the pre-existing static stability in the sub-cloud region and, together with humidification effect, may ultimately result in the formation of new cloud layers (Starr and Wylie, 1990).
What causes the ice crystals to fall? Are cirrus contrails less likely to produce those falling ice crystals than natural cirrus are? I don't think so, I don't think the ice crystals in contrails are so different that they would not behave in pretty much the same way as the natural ones.

Contrails dissipate as their ice water content is reduced by sublimation and precipitation.
Source
This sounds pretty much like natural cirrus to me.

But you say this:

And, of course, cirrus aviaticus are not natural cirrus and never will be.
Can you elaborate on exactly what the specific characteristics of cirrus aviaticus are which make them so different from natural cirrus? Why would the ice crystals from contrails not fall and sublimate the same way they do from cirrus clouds?

Then you go here:

The most studied SRM method is to reflect incoming sunlight with sulfuric acid aerosol injected into the stratosphere (similar to how volcanic aerosols cool climate). Although this method may have serious drawbacks such as a likely interference with the hydrological cycle (producing drought in some regions), ozone destruction and turning the sky white...
I don't know why you are associating SRM with the effects of contrail or natural cirrus. The mechanism by which the stratospheric aerosols may affect the hydrological cycle isn't exactly the same. Besides, SRM is not being undertaken.

Not sure what this has to do with it.

A veil of cirrus clouds (cirrostratus) may be the precursor of deteriorating weather, since it often occurs ahead of lower, precipitating clouds.

But yes, cirrus clouds have been known to be precursors of approaching weather systems for a very long time.

Cirrus are often an indication of the leading edge of a warm front at altitude, especially if they are spreading out from the west or south-west sector, thickening into a denser sheet of cirrostratus. The approaching depression is some 24 to 36 hours away. Jet stream cirrus are often indicating an depression or occlusion from the western sector, some 12 to 36 hours away. However, cirrus can also be true fair weather clouds. If they appear irregular and patchy, slowly shifting from easterly directions, often dissolving, they are indicating increasing high pressure and dry, sunny and quiet weather.

edit on 2/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Here's the original source of the first two photos, with several other cool photos therein.

www.x-plane.com...

During my stay there, a brand new Boeing 777-200 LR came taxiing in to operate out of Mather field for it's flight-test program... the interior of the plane was filled with computers to help with flight-test, and water-ballast containers so they could shift the center of gravity around in-flight!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I can't believe it!!! I really thought you were sharper than this! (or, are you, and just "playing dumb" on purpose?? Hoping to stir up the "chemtrail" believers?)

The first three (rather large) images are of B-777s.....to include the exterior shot, the top photo. (Except that top photo shows a B-777-300. The interiors are a combination of both a B-777-300 and a B-777-240LR).

The last one is from an Airbus A-380.

Here ya go....Here's another angle of a B-777 flight test equipped (it's copyrighted, so just a link. BTW....the originals you posted are too, probably. But, it was someone else, not you, who originally violated the copyright (**) ):

Text description on the above photo:

N5016R (cn 32431/429) Showing the extreme rear of this aircraft which was rigged for the rigorous flight test program that all new Boeing types must undergo. The barrels are part of a water transfer system to simulate various loads and their effect on the aircrafts centre of gravity. The air data package (cone from top of tail) reel is visible and marked "Fin Cone" especially for you!

Now, the A-380:

Text:

F-WWDD (cn 004) This is a view of the main cabin of the A380 as seen at the 2005 Dubai Airshow. The aircraft was mainly fitted with test equipment and small sections of the proper interior. The red-topped grey containers were water storage containers and these could be filled or emptied to act as ballast and to simulate a passenger load.

NOTE the difference in the barrel design....and the color.

That "interior of a chemtrail airplane" meme is SO old....!!

(**) Oh, and FYI....in the third picture, second of the B-777 interior that you posted...if you look to the far right (ship left, since we're viewing it looking aft) you see a bulkhead with a black/yellow-striped tape holding up a sign.....in the usual "chenmtrail" hoaxed version, someone PhotoShopped that sign to read "HazMat". Which is funny in its own way, since that bulkhead is enclosing one of the lavatories!
The other Lav is directly opposite, on ship right.

And, look! that photo IS copyright by one William Appleton....and scrolling to the right, we see the "Airliners.net" logo!! :shk:

OH BOY! Here It Is!

Boeing 777-240/LR

Taken at:

Sacramento - McClellan Airfield (AFB) (MCC / KMCC)
USA - California, May 25, 2005

edit on Wed 29 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
Here ya go....Here's another angle of a B-777 flight test equipped (it's copyrighted, so just a link. BTW....the originals you posted are too, probably. But, it was someone else, not you, who originally violated the copyright

No copyright violation as I simply wrote the author for permission to reprint for my website. I do that a lot
As to the images size, don't fret as its on my server so its my unlimited bandwidth that I am using and my site is 'registered' here

Boeing 777-300
"The Long Room" (February 15, 2003)
www.x-plane.com...

I also merely said WHAT IF they used THIS equipment for other than water

But yeah I knew you couldn't resist the 'bait' Thanks for not disappointing

And I like this part

These two "sister ships" will travel the world, each along their own paths, to demonstrate to the world

But really... that the best you got? Ya know they might have job openings for decent pilots for those 'future' chemtrail flights... You might be qualified and wouldn't THAT be ironic?

ETA:

I just saw this under the photo at your link

A visitor from Canada posted Fri March 11, 2011: Just glad that HAZMAT sign I saw there was a fake. I hope you guys know that people are using a doctored version of this photo to spread a hoax. Thanks!

Was that you that posted that one?

edit on 1-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here is an interesting website titled 'Weather Modification Operations and Research Board: Reference'.
Unfortunately, it states at the top of the page that you aren't allowed to cite anything printed there, so please visit it to read what it's all about.
www.thefullwiki.org...

Please review this form, which is necessary under the provisions of Public Law 205 of the 92nd Congress:
www.corporateservices.noaa.gov...
So, I ask you, if weather modification is not taking place, what is the need for this form?

Then, there's this YouTube video (Edit: video found on this website: www.loansafe.org... ) :

I found this video while perusing this website:
www.loansafe.org...
It has a lot of interesting information including, but not limited to the following:

2007 U.S. Senate Bill 1807 & U.S. House Bill 3445 Senate Bill 1807 and House Bill 3445, identical bills introduced July 17, 2007, proposed to establish a Weather Mitigation Advisory and Research Board to fund weather modification research

PRECIPITATION ENHANCEMENT GUIDELINES AVAILABLE

This manual of professional practice, Guidelines for Cloud Seeding to Augment Precipitation (ASCE Manual No. 81), is the outgrowth of a committee report by the same title published by the ASCE Weather Modification Committee in the March 1983 issue of Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. A task committee of the ASCE Climate and Weather Change Committee has expanded and updated this report to provide water resources managers and others who might become involved in the decision-making process for implementing a cloud seeding project with the necessary guidelines.

The sections of this manual cover essentials of weather modification including the social, legal, environmental, and economic aspects as well as the scientific basis. Further, the manager is guided through the professional practice for operational cloud seeding, from materials and devices necessary to produce ice crystal-forming nuclei to the methods for distributing the artificially produced nuclei through cloud masses. In addition, methods of instrumentation that are used to provide input to real-time decisions and evaluate results are discussed.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here's a bit about Project Cumulus:
en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Cumulus was a project of the UK government in the 1950s which was investigating weather manipulation, in particular through cloud seeding experiments. Known jokingly within the project as Operation Witch Doctor,[1] the project was operational between 1949 and 1952.

The Lynmouth disaster

Main article: Lynmouth: 1952 Lynmouth flood

On 16 August 1952 a severe flood occurred in the town of Lynmouth in north Devon. 9 inches (229 millimetres) of rain fell within twenty-four hours[2] and the East Lyn River rose rapidly and burst its banks. Thirty-four people died and many buildings and bridges were seriously damaged.

Although there is no direct evidence, there has been speculation[3] that Project Cumulus contributed to the conditions that caused this flood. A few days before the disaster a seeding experiment was carried out over southern England. Alan Yates, an aeronautical engineer and glider pilot who was working with the operation, sprayed salt in the air and was "elated" to learn of a heavy rainfall in Staines shortly after.[1]

Other writers deny that the experiments could have caused the accident. Meteorologist Philip Eden claims that "it is preposterous to blame the Lynmouth flood on such experiments".[4]

Closure

The project was closed down in 1952. There are rumours that the official documents were deliberately destroyed; certainly some classified documents are missing.[3]

Of course! Simply preposterous!

Now, let's take a look at the Alberta Hail Project.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Alberta Hail Project was a research project sponsored by the Alberta Research Council and Environment Canada to study hailstorm physics and dynamics in order to design and test means for suppressing hail. It ran from 1956 until 1985. The main instrument in this research was an S-band circularly polarized weather radar located at the Red Deer Industrial Airport in central Alberta, Canada.

A vast amount of data were collected from several other platforms to conduct research into precipitation mechanisms, severe storm development, hail suppression, hydrology and microwave propagation. Numerous researchers have used the dataset and during the period 1990 to 1994, 23 publications appeared in journals and conferences, as well as 4 scientific reports were prepared. These papers have included radar meteorology, cloud physics, hydrology/hydrometeorology, computer science, instrumentation, synoptic weather, dynamic and mesoscale meteorology.

No wonder forms such as the one I linked to in my above post are necessary. They are and have been performing weather modification activities and those who do not believe it at this point in the game should seriously reconsider their opinions and stance on this subject.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Afterthought because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's just more cloud seeding, a coincidental flood, and hail mitigation. Why are you presenting this as something unusual.

They were not using the radar to modify the weather, if that's what you were thinking. It was to measure hail conditions.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The first link you posted, and the "Form" from an earlier one, are all about the already well-known techniques referred to as "cloud seeding". The second link (Alberta Hail Project) was merely a STUDY to gather data!! I mean, did you read your own link??

And, surprise! The first link was from the earliest days of attempts to understand how to make it rain, by "cloud seeding"....in 1950!! While the methods haven't changed much since then, the understanding of the science has.

But of course (sarcasm)....every flood in history is the result of "cloud seeding"....right??

And yes, it is collectively called "weather modification"....because it is a process which has an intended goal to alter LOCAL weather.....usually ti increase precipitation, or to mitigate precipitation (depending on the desired effect).

The most important distinction is the LOCAL effects of modification methods.....and, that they are often unreliable.
"Weather" refers to local conditions. "Climate" means a more wide-spread scope, and also a trend, usually on an average annual basis, for a large region.

Understand the difference.

This has NOTHING to do with the thread topic, however.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

SIGH.....

I also merely said WHAT IF they used THIS equipment for other than water

Well.....that would be useless, since the barrels are self-contained. Loaded on the ground, then emptied on the ground.....through open cabin doors.

And, why on Earth to people read and star posts that are so ridiculous? Do people not understand the cost of a Boeing 777..just ONE of them?

In addition.....each and every airliner that is constructed can be readily tracked and followed over its lifetime.

There are NO "fleets" of magical giant airliners unaccounted for anywhere that are "spraying" anything! It's utterly ridiculous.

www.airfleets.net...

Go, research ^ ^ ^.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Thanks for your baseless opinion in regards to the form.

As I stated in another thread about this form, I'm going to search for processed forms because I'd like to see the type of weather modification listed as well as the equipment and chemicals being used. I'll post a link to any forms I'm able to locate.

In the meantime, could you please tell your cohort Proudbird that I haven't changed my mind about addressing him in discussions on this topic. He needs to refrain from yelling at people and being condescending if he wants to keep the lines of communication open.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I love it when you're searching for one thing and find other interesting information.

www.deepspace4.com...

Good example of this technique is visible on the above image of the Adriatic sea captured from NOAA weather satellite on 11-27-2000, showing Croatia with town of Rijeka, it's Kvarner bay and Istria peninsula on each image top right and Italy peninsula in their center. Left image was taken in visible spectrum and image on the right in infrared. As on this day the sky over Rijeka was perfectly clear, without any visible clouds, chemtrails or chemclouds, difference in clarity of this images gives fair idea regarding usefulness of airborne moisture in IR shielding. If cloud cover is artificially enhanced, as on this day was the case with cloud layer in the front of the Italian western coast (long parallel lines are chemtrail generated clouds), then usefulness of moisture leaden clouds in shielding the battlefield from satellite monitoring in IR and visible wavelengths is easily perceivable.

Judging from the close encounter of the third kind which has occurred in December 2000 in RIijeka region, this technology is already used for the USS nuclear ballistic submarine shielding.

One curious moment stems from the comparison of some images taken in visual and IR spectrum. It could be expected that barium oxide enhanced clouds, being capable to bear more moisture than natural clouds can in the same conditions, make better shield in infrared spectrum also. However, judging from some cases it seems that this is not always so. Comparing the visual and IR images taken by the NOAA on 11-12-2000 it can be seen that the Croatian Istrian peninsula is visible in IR although appearing covered by the cloud layer in visible spectrum (the same page shows possible precipitation denial in progress also).

The explanation for this could be that clouds were containing much more chemtrail powder than usual, additionally obstructing ground visibility. It shows the possible way of detection of chemtrail sprayings on global scale.

This revels the other, for military even more important, chemtrail sprayings practical use.

(Please visit the website link to see the photo the text is referring to.)

If for chemtrail sprayings are applied cloud-seeding agents of metallic origin, as barium oxide is, then their continuous seeding, resulting in specific, low floating cloud ceiling which is electrically more conductive than the air bellow it, creates inversion layer allowing special radar signal reflection (similarly as ionosphere does with radio waves) which processed with sophisticated computing system could allow passive and active over-the-horizon radar capability.

Furthermore, such layer, as well as atmosphere below it, rich with barium hydroxide which is continuously precipitating from the bottom of the chemclouds, could be selectively energized with microwaves to inhibit operation of opposition's monitoring and targeting radars localy.

As computer processing capacities rise exponentially and ships, such as USS SAIPAN is, have all installation space one may require, it would not be a great surprise if this and other US ships are already equipped with adequate systems.

Just cloud seeding I suppose.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It could be expected that barium oxide enhanced clouds, being capable to bear more moisture than natural clouds can in the same conditions, make better shield in infrared spectrum also. However, judging from some cases it seems that this is not always so.

Ignorance and nonsense. Why would "barium enhanced clouds" bear more moisture than natural clouds? Why would it be a better shield in infrared? Infrared can't "penetrate" clouds at all. That's why it's used...for imaging clouds.

Infrared satellite images record longwave infrared radiation with wavelengths in the atmospheric window that is emitted by cloud tops, land, oceans or ice and snow. While most things on earth emit longwave infrared radiation, warmer objects emit more than colder ones. Hence, the relative amounts of infrared radiation emitted by cloud tops, land, oceans and snow/ice gives information about their relative temperatures.

funnel.sfsu.edu...

edit on 3/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's stated right there in the above paragraph why.

this technology is already used for the USS nuclear ballistic submarine shielding.

Please visit the webpage for a more extensive explanation.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh. Pardon me. It all makes so much sense now, especially the connection with the shining creature.

edit on 3/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The shining creature is interesting, don't you think?
I hadn't clicked on the link to that page until now since there was no mention of this creature on the first page. But after you mentioned it, I did click on the 'encounters of the third kind' link.
Maybe someone can do a thread about it. I'd certainly love to read it.

So, your disbelief doesn't stop at chemtrails? You also have no interest in cryptids or aliens?
Nevermind. Don't answer that. It would only derail this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Phage

It's stated right there in the above paragraph why.

this technology is already used for the USS nuclear ballistic submarine shielding.

Interesting, this ties in to the military use of "chemtrails".

Popular Mechanics July 1996

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join