It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Tops Dropping Closer to Earth, NASA Satellite Finds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Uncinus

You didn't watch the video.
If you had, you would've seen that it did generate clouds that made it rain.

It "made clouds" by expelling tons of water vapor which was created by burning hydrogen and oxygen. Hardly practical.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I didn't say it was practical.
I never said that "they" are practical. In fact, I stated that their methods are always impractical.
Thanks for finally agreeing.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You didn't watch the video.
If you had, you would've seen that it did generate clouds that made it rain.

Sigh....I know that video.

It was a localized effect only. When you combine Liquid Hydrogen an Liquid Oxygen (in a rocket engine) you get...surprise! H2O.

Every rocket that is launched that uses LH and LOX as fuels leaves the same water clouds in its trail....difference is, the rocket is moving. When you test the same engine in a stationary location on the ground, the ALL of the effects of the reaction, and the water vapor and liquid water formed, will remain localized.

I despair at the way such science is being mis-represented, so often.....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Afterthought,
Thanks for your post and link! So basically you laughed out loud when you read the article because they tried to talk to you like you are stupid and do not go outside to see what they are doing every day, right?! This is silly... There are many reasons the clouds could be floating to Earth, oh maybe because youre tinkering with the climate. I believe it could be anything from clouds weighed down with the weight of foreign substances, chemicals, bariums, etc, or the fact the low ones are the man made ones anyways. Trying to block our view from something? Ive noticed after heaving spraying days here where I live, the sky will stay foggy and cloudy, no blue for sky for 2 to 3 days before it clears up again. I hate it. & yes it is lower to the gound.
Thank you for your share and link. They are geo-engineering and attempting climate control and they are writing a check bigger than they can cash to humans and mother nature.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

The article says that the cloud TOPS are slightly lower. Did you read the entire thread, and all the links?
The cloud TOPS are about an average (World Wide!) of ten feet lower per year..TEN feet!

The article doesn't say that the clouds are dropping to the ground, it doesn't make any claims as inferred by this OP.

There are no "bariums or chemical substances" being added to clouds. But, again....this is the impression the OP is (wrongly) trying to give.

A little bit of reason and sanity, please.
edit on Fri 24 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply and I'm glad to hear that you're one of those who is well aware of their intentions.

Yes, I laughed at how the entire article was written. If I weren't aware of their technology, the article would've appeared to be telling the reader that the Earth is trying to wrd off global warming on it's own. Since I'm quite aware that they intend of dimming the planet, reading between the lines was easy. They really should've just concluded the article by stating that they were planning on helping the planet along by creating more cloud cover.

Debunkers will always say that we're the ones who are misrepresenting technology when in fact it is our government and the global elite who are falsely representing technology. If they were honest, they would release Tesla's technology and cure our addiction to fossil fuels. But, if they did this, they wouldn't have an excuse to implement their anti global warming technology that can also be used for weather warfare. As long as they can use fossil fuel emissions as their reason for having to conduct geo-engineering, they can continue with their nefarious plans. Of course they're going to say that it's for the betterment of the planet and humanity, but in actuality, it is a means of them becoming more powerful and closer to being gods. They are psychopaths who must have total control and harnessing the power of nature will give them just what they desire.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've been noticing an increase in high flying planes over miami.
With some very long white trails.

Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm sorry for the rambling in my thread opening. It's just unfortunate that I saw this article when I'm so tired.

Here is a thread about NASA's cloud machine in regards to the strange sounds everyone's been reporting:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's another great thread by burntheships with much evidence about weather modification:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sheilaaliens....fraud/hoaxer.....second off, the video (TopGear) clearly explains that this is where nasa tests their rocket engines. As with everything where life could be at risk they do their best to test the crap out of this stuff before putting people on top of it.

So what this video is saying is that nasa launch and test rockets to make clouds. They manage to build these huge projects, and transport rocket engines without anyone noticing...to make clouds near built up areas.
Im pretty sure had nasa or anyone else decided to build hundreds of rocket testing facilities near populated areas people would know about it. It wouldnt be confined to a few Youtubers and conspiracy sites thats for sure.

Im no expert but to create enough cloud cover as some are suggesting, would take hundreds of these rocket testing facilities all in a tightly packed area (a few miles).

There are easier, cheaper, and less noisy ways to create clouds....so why bother with something that people could find so easily?

They have no definitive answer at this time, as the article stated, it has been over a short period.

Its like measuring global warming over say....just over 200 years and then blaming the human race for its cause

Blaming governments of changing the weather seems a bit bizarre to me

My advice would be to look at it from a logical perspective, ie, the scientific method, if you cannot find the answers that way then start looking at the conspiracy side. Shiela aliens is a fraud, most know it, others are blinded by her hoax videos showing everything from ghosts, to aliens, spaceships...cloud machines.

I saw this episode of TopGear a while ago, she has edited out the best bits....have a watch, its a good program

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Alright, tell us why the cloud tops are lower... Contribute something meaningful to the OPs article. Or you could sit in this thread as long as it is getting posts and sit there and try to influence people's opinions by debating for your OPINION the whole time.

You are either a paid shill or get off on internet drama.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's the whole article...

The sky is falling… sort of. Over the last 10 years, the height of clouds has been shrinking, according to new research.

The time frame is short, but if future observations show that clouds are truly getting lower, it could have an important effect on global climate change. Clouds that are lower in the atmosphere would allow Earth to cool more efficiently, potentially offsetting some of the warming caused by greenhouse gases.

"We don't know exactly what causes the cloud heights to lower," study researcher Roger Davies of the University of Auckland in New Zealand said in a statement. "But it must be due to a change in the circulation patterns that give rise to cloud formation at high altitude."

Clouds are a wildcard in understanding Earth's climate. Ephemeral as they are, they're difficult to track over time, and factors such as height and location make a big difference in whether clouds will slow the effects of global warming or exacerbate them. And no one fully understands how clouds will respond to a warming climate. [Album: Reading the Clouds]

For a decade, however, the Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer on NASA's Terra spacecraft has been watching Earth's clouds. Now, Davies and his colleagues have analyzed the device's first 10 years of cloud-top height measurements from March 2000 to February 2010. They found that global average cloud height decreased by around 1 percent over the decade, a distance of 100 to 130 feet (30 to 40 meters). Most of the reduction stemmed from fewer clouds forming at very high altitudes.

The researchers reported their results in the journal Geophysical Research Letters. The Terra satellite is set to continue collecting data through the rest of this decade, which will help determine whether or not the cloud lowering is a consistent trend.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

The article says that the cloud TOPS are slightly lower. Did you read the entire thread, and all the links?
The cloud TOPS are about an average (World Wide!) of ten feet lower per year..TEN feet!

The article doesn't say that the clouds are dropping to the ground, it doesn't make any claims as inferred by this OP.

There are no "bariums or chemical substances" being added to clouds. But, again....this is the impression the OP is (wrongly) trying to give.

A little bit of reason and sanity, please.

Where do you get this TEN ft. figure?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

It is really not that clouds or cloud tops are actually getting lower. The average level of cloud tops (which the Terra satellite can measure) has decreased. The main reason for the decrease in the average level is that there was a decrease in amount of high level clouds. There was mostly a reduction in the number of high level clouds and a smaller increase in the number of low level clouds. Fewer high clouds, more low clouds. Since it is an average, this causes a reduction in the average cloud level. It is a change in the distribution of clouds, not an actually lowering of the clouds themselves.

It is not known what the cause of the reduction is. It is also not known if the reduction represents a long term trend.

edit on 2/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Where do you get this TEN ft. figure?

From the article in the thread's Opening Post (OP).

It basically recorded an average of cloud tops over a ten-year period, and found that the average fell by 100 to 130 feet, in ten years.

100 feet divided by ten years = ten feet per year.

130 feet divided by ten years = ten and one-third (4 inches) per year. I figured it is an average, and who's going to quibble over 4 inches?

Edit.....I pointed this out for illustration.....as Phage mentioned, this has no bearing whatsoever on the implications made by the thread author, that it (this "average") is somehow man-made.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I highly doubt they are including man made clouds in this study ( like contrails, chemtrails, cirrus aviaticus ).

So there may be a decrease in NATURAL high altitude clouds, but at the same time there is also an increase in high altitude MAN-MADE clouds.

A theory I suspect is that man-made clouds are affecting the formation of natural clouds.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You are either a paid shill or get off on internet drama.

Ummmmm.......well, that's an odd thing to say.

The entire article is mis-represented, for "dramatic" effect.....so, when it comes to "internet drama", well.......

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Since the article is referencing information from a NASA satellite, I thought it would be useful to also add some more info from NASA.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Clouds fall into two general categories: sheet-like or layer-looking stratus clouds (stratus means layer) and cumulus clouds (cumulus means piled up). These two cloud types are divided into four more groups that describe the cloud's altitude.

High clouds form above 20,000 feet in the cold region of the troposphere, and are denoted by the prefix CIRRO or CIRRUS. At this altitude water almost always freezes so clouds are composed of ice crystals. The clouds tend to be wispy, are often transparent, and include cirrus, cirrocumulus, and cirrostratus.

Middle clouds form between 6,500 and 20,000 feet and are denoted by the prefix ALTO. They are made of water droplets and include altostratus and altocumulus.

Low clouds are found up to 6,500 feet and include the stratocumulus and nimbostratus clouds. When stratus clouds contact the ground they are called fog.

Vertical clouds, such as cumulus, rise far above their bases and can form at many heights. Cumulonimbus clouds, or thunderheads, can start near the ground and soar up to 75,000 feet.

CERES measures both solar-reflected and Earth-emitted radiation from the top of the atmosphere to the surface. It also determines cloud properties including the amount, height, thickness, particle size, and phase of clouds using simultaneous measurements by other instruments. These measurements are critical for understanding cloud-radiation climate change and improving the prediction of global warming using climate models. CERES is flying, or will fly, on the Tropical Rainfall Monitoring Mission (TRMM), Terra, and EOS-PM. See CERES Web Site.

CERES = Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System
edit on 24-2-2012 by Afterthought because: Added link

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

A theory I suspect is that man-made clouds are affecting the formation of natural clouds.

This cannot even be formulated as a "theory" at this point....it is only ten year of data....there have not been any type of measurements made before, long-term, to compare to.

And, the areas of the globe where airplanes travel, and infrequently produce contrails ("man-made") and cirrus clouds are a tiny percentage of the overall area of the entire planet.

Think about it.

Oh, and as to contrails......I said "infrequently" because when compared to ALL airliner flights, 24/7 month after month, year over year, the actual instances when contrails form is very small, percentage-wise, compared to the paths of all those airplanes.

The so-called "chemtrail problem" just does not exist, in reality.

Now.....having said that, back to a "theory": Just what mechanism do you think could account for this, as proposed in your sentence? After all, in order to have a true "theory", you mus start with a postulate at least first....simply tossing out the term "theory" isn't a scientific method.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It would be nice if they would have included a lot more raw data on the subject. I wonder if the cirrus clouds formed from contrails(or chemtrails... still undecided) figure into these numbers.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

The Terra satellite determines the height of cloud tops by taking stereographic images of clouds. It is an automated process. It cannot tell the difference between cirrus aviaticus or natural cirrus (since they are the same thing, differing only in the manner in which their formation is triggered).

edit on 2/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

And, the areas of the globe where airplanes travel, and infrequently produce contrails ("man-made") and cirrus clouds are a tiny percentage of the overall area of the entire planet.

The Department of Transportation and PARTNER disagree with you.
globalchange.gov...

FAA conducts research to support Goal 2, leveraging research with other U.S. Government agencies to reduce uncertainties surrounding aviation emissions and their effect on climate change. For example, FAA research through the Partnership for Air Transportation Noise and Emissions Reduction (PARTNER) Center of Excellence addresses the impact of aircraft contrails on climate change.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join