It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian conservative leader advocates murdering gays on TV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he knows that "gay" is the same everywhere in this country. There was no accidental misuse of regional slang. I will, however, expand on my belief and say that in my opinion MOST OF THE TIME, apologies are a dime a dozen. If someone like Swaggart, Fallwell, Clinton or Bush apologizes it's because they need to gain something from making peace, not because they truly feel regret for what they've done. They only do it because they feel regret for being called out on it and worry about how it will affect their popularity. If popularity equals power/money, I tend to doubt the sincerity of the apology.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wow, sex to procreate, then I guess all dolphins are going to hell. Yep, one of the few animals, that like humans, have sex for pleasure, not just to procreate. Only religous windbags believe all sex is to procreate. If we "procreated" everytime we had sex we would have trillions of humans on the planet. Looks like a good idea to not have sex to just procreate.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh, but Brother James, if those trillions of people could just reach down deep in their souls and send $10 to the ministry, the Lord's work would be done in high style!

Procreation = Bigger congregation = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Has anyone ever been to one of these evangelist's services? These ones broadcast on TV, like Benny Hinn? Seriously, if you have tell us about it. Did you get the opportunity to get up on stage, have him put his hand on your forehead and push you over?

I can fully understand how that could affect somebody so deeply afflicted with a disease or disability, who has foccussed themselves so intensely in the moment, and who has totally convinced themself that it will work. But I think it's all just in their heads. Falling down, lying there on a stage, on national TV, shaking.

This is just a guess, but Im thinking that 1 out of every 100 people who do this might find that their affliction disappears or is reduced somewhat, but it would be totally unrelated to some moneybag$ putting his palm on your head.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Cargo the man has no power. God has the power. It's God not the man who makes them overcome.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I consider myself a conservative/moderate christian, but I have never taken a showy t.v. evangelist like him to be consistent with the christianity I know, or a reliable source of religious thoughts and actions.

Things like that disgust me, God told us to love our neighbors, not kill them for being different even if it something that you personally don't believe agrees with your religion. man himself cannot judge another man, only God can, and therefore a man should not have the right to take another's life.

p.s. I am not trying to force my own views down anybody's throat, just responding this way to this incident considering it was a "priest."

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Cargo the man has no power. God has the power. It's God not the man who makes them overcome.

Then do I really need some George Hamilton looking car salesman putting his greasy palm on my face?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

man himself cannot judge another man, only God can,

That's someting I have never understood about Christians (the overwhelming vast majority of), taught to not judge man, that god is the judge, yet leave church and tell ME in the restauraunt that I am going to hell becasue of the Pentagram on my necklace. They have NO CLUE what the Pentagram REALLY represents, they think I am a baby-killing devil worshipper, and I am going to hell ...... and voice that statement to me.

Hmmpphh

George Hamilton looking car salesman

LMFAO

Misfit

[EDIT = 2nd quote]

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why anyone gives their money to this buffoon is beyond me. They deserve to be fleeced. Yeah, he'll kill a Gay man but embrace a hooker.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Uhm, then why is it that in every scientific test of the subject 'faith healing' is shown to not work? Sometimes people go through this experience and are 'healed', but even without this sort of experience that happens. So why aren't these faith healers better at it than having people do nothing, and why aren't they consistent?

Weller
Yeah, he'll kill a Gay man but embrace a hooker.

Maybe he just needs a gay hooker then?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Who would wan't to bed Jimmy Swaggart, Gay or Straight

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Uhm, then why is it that in every scientific test of the subject 'faith healing' is shown to not work? Sometimes people go through this experience and are 'healed', but even without this sort of experience that happens. So why aren't these faith healers better at it than having people do nothing, and why aren't they consistent?

This entire planet defies the 2nd law of thermodynamics. How does that happen?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
One should never underestimate the power of faith, but the power of God is not contingent upon a "channel" such as certain evangelists would have us believe. They give the credit to God, but pocket the money.

The Urantia Book provides a good explanation of religious experience in the lives of the residents of this planet:

Paper 100

Paper 101

Paper 102

Paper 103

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm well aware of the power of faith. Faith sent 2 planes into the WTC. But of course, faith is blind.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Faith is bad, belief is bad, for they are blind. How can you change a belief? They believe that to be true, and no matter how wrong they are, they will not change that belief. Hmm, god is in the sky, well he isn't. "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!" Hmmmm, Adam and Eve, oh, not possible. "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!" Hmmm, Noahs Ark, not enough water on the planet. "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!" Hmmm, how come all these books were left out of the bible? They explain/answer all my questions, yet were left out. "You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!"

That is why I created the idea of the pebble people, may not be right, but it is just an idea.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
defies the 2nd law of thermodynamics. How does that happen?

I don't understand, what are you asking?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join